Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film What's the Last Film You Saw? v. Tell Us What You Thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Wick. (Keanu Reeves, Willem Dafoe).

I'm not into testosterone laden films, normally, but there was nothing else on in the cinema and this got pretty good reviews.
I found myself a little bored during some of the gunfights, but - overall - I thought it was an excellent action flick.
Brutal. Minimal dialogue. Good balance of humour and seriousness. Some great ideas. Not at all preachy.

3/5

It was like Taken, but with revenge instead of saving kidnapped family members. A lot of people got shot in the face.

It was alright for just a simple action film.

I saw Gone Girl a couple nights ago, was a good film, definitely worth seeing.

This has easily been my favorite movie that I've seen in the theaters. Really thought this was a great film.

Night crawler

8/10

Need to rewatch it again not drunk

I didn't see the appeal in Nightcrawler. I had sort of high expectations and I just felt like something was missing. I think it would have been better if it had an American Psycho-esque voice over, so you had better insight into Jake Gyllenhaal's character. He played creepy extremely well though.

Last movie i saw in theatre was Gone girl:( It was the stupidest movie I've ever seen hands down it was almost 3 hours of nothing just bullshit. Everybody I was with and probably in the whole theatre was asleep by the halfway point then just when you think its over, guess what!? There's more:( I went in with a group of 6 people and only 3 of us stayed past the halfway point the rest went to get a refund.

Why can't film makers make some good movies these days it seems they are all crap.

I saw a preview for a new "taken" that looked worth watching it's not realistic at all but hey at least I'm entertained and not wanting to jab my eyes and ears out like I was in "gone girl'.

Last edited:
^
Regardless of how you felt you shouldn't give away major spoilers like that. No point in ruining it for everyone.

Oh I wasn't aware of no spoilers being allowed my bad.

I didn't think I could ruin the movie any further.

You didn't have to remove it altogether. That's why God (alasdairm) made spoiler tags.

I honestly don't see how you could think the new Taken looks decent and you thought Gone Girl was so bad.

The audience in the theater I was in seemed to be engaged in the film judging by the amount of laughter that came during different points as a decent amount of humor was added to the film. I thought it went by quick. It's also only 2.5 hours, less when you exclude the credits, but that's not really important.

Maybe it was because it was a 1am movie but everyone in the theatre didn't look amused and 3 of the people I was with went to the bathroom and never came back. The girl I was with seemed to like it a bit but still thought it was way too drawn out and that some of the parts were dumb. Maybe I just don't like Ben affleck but I just cannot see any good in the movie 'gone girl'.

Haha I know taken is kinda cheesy and has been done too many times but it just looks action packed. I also like to see a badass going against society and killing cops hehe the last taken wasn't very good and I'll admit when I first seen taken 3 was coming out I thought ah fuck not another one come on! But after seeing it I thought it looked pretty bad ass.

Different strokes for different folks as they say.

I cannot see how anyone liked gone girl unless they were hooked up to an IV of heroin the whole time But hey whatever turns your crank. If champagne bottles and scary women do it for you, then who am I to judge;)

Last edited:
I have to admit I had very high expectations for Gone Girl for various reasons, it did fall a little short of my expectations but I still thought it was a really solid film. It certainly isn't like any other movie I can recall seeing, and I like things that are original.

I am surprised you felt the whole theatre didn't enjoy the film, my experience was similar to Carl's in that the whole theatre seemed engaged with the film and were laughing out loud at various comedic points. Sometimes movies over two hours long can drag on for me but I can honestly say this one did not.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

'Revolver' (2005) dir. Guy Ritchie

one of the best films i have seen in a while, its up there with snowpiercer for me. its a really amazing action/thriller/mystery with a lot of depth to it, and brilliant acting performances.

Just watched Force Majeure (Swedish, Ruben Ostlund). It was amazing--basically about the fragile world created in a family,how dependent each person is, what myths and lies are used to hold it together--the different ways people fail each other and then regroup . Watched Birdman before that and loved it. Both films are intense. Next on my list is Nightcrawler and after that Citizen Four.

Edit: just saw Citizen Four. Fuck. See it if you haven't.

Last edited:
Maleficent

the world turned dark needs a ray of sunshine -- what an ideal role for elle. she smiles; gives her gawky, beaming laugh; and good is restored. that's really all there is to this movie. everything is rushed. the setup is uninspired and deliberate. a few moments of pleasant sequence where elle is so delightful that evil angelina jolie is reconciled. then dash into a battle scene to arrive at happily ever after.

elle is a real-life disney princess. flowers in her golden hair, with a single braid tied across the back like a crown. wish the world they created for her was half as enchanting. disney is usually all about that.

she wears pretty dresses, but all so earthy. no grand, sparkling gown? the film was in such a hurry it missed the opportunity.

last two, dallas buyers club and nightcrawler. enjoyed both and both rest solely on the lead actor. well done jake/matthew. nightcrawler reminded me of american psycho.

Just saw American Hustle last night. I first went to the theater to watch it. And a movie like that the second time around i catch alot of extra things i missed the first time. Its got its humor and its a pretty good movie!

Just saw American Hustle last night. I first went to the theater to watch it. And a movie like that the second time around i catch alot of extra things i missed the first time. Its got its humor and its a pretty good movie!

I had a similar experience. Saw it in the theater and wasn't that impressed, though admittedly I was fucked up and that messed with my viewing experience. Gave it a second try when it came out on DVD and I LOVED it. It's actually one of my favorite movies now. I think it has the best soundtrack I've ever heard in a movie and I love the way the music guides the movie and sets the scene so perfectly.

Also great acting by the whole cast. I'm already a fan of a number of actors in it; Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence (marry me, Jen!), Jeremy Renner, and Robert De Niro so I figured I would have liked it once I saw it and paid attention. I love how De Niro has about 2 minutes of screen time, but still gives a memorable performance. For an older man he can still pull off menacing mob figure just like a real life menacing mob figure. Also, although I liked her in other stuff, I thought Amy Adams was great in this movie. It's the first movie I've found her to be really attractive. Overall I just found it to be an enjoyable film. "The art of survival is a story that never ends."

'Don't put metal in the science oven'

home for the holidays (1995)

i love this film and have formed a tradition the past few years of watching it at xmas time as it highlights the "normalities" alongside the "idiosyncracies" when gathering with your family during the holiday season. i love the dysfunction, the individual lifestyle each character brings to the plot and simply the reality of how endearing but also how painful sometimes circumstances and family can be during this time of year. a dark but cute comedic seasonal must watch that almost everyone could relate to.

...kytnism...:|

I fuckin loved Nightcrawler... A movie hasnt held my attention like that in a long time. I wish JG would get some kind of recognition for it this awards season, but yeah, like thats going to happen.

Well, looks like I was wrong. Thanks golden globes.

^
Thank you!

I guess some people really didn't like it. I found it to be thoroughly enjoyable and one of the better movies I've seen this past year

Status
Not open for further replies.