• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

whats the big deal with klonopin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
clonazepam has the best taste of any benzo, It's a highly effective anxiolyctic angent, and it lasts a long time. I like it.

I don't hate k-pins but I switched to another benzo cause they would give me a headache every single time and also gave me a weird heavy feeling in my head. Maybe I wasn't taking enough but I wasn't taking them to get high either.

Ativan is my benzo DOC only because I don't have any side effects from it after I take it (other than withdrawal if I don't take it). (and they also don't taste like anything when you chew them up.)

kpins are kinda sedating for me. ive tried xanax before and it was more mind than body. kpins on the other hand is more like alcohol. Kpins have a tendency to make u say wierd stupid stuff. Xanax is just plain stupid.

but i dont take benzos in high doses anymore. only .25 a day, maximum .5mg. perfect for the paranoid pot user who gets the shakes and twitches and stiffness.

they taste kinda minty too. <----aand thats the kinda stpid random stuff im talking about

tranzgression said:
maybe we should have a stupid thread on best tasting pill to chew up.
gorgoroth said:
clonazepam has the best taste of any benzo,

LOL!!
thats a funny topic.

The taste of xanax for me... makes a dirty, speedy ecstasy pill into a piece of candy to take down.

Ugh, I don't even know how a lot of people can rate the taste of benzo's against each other. You all better get some water! =D =D =D

p.s. Klonnies rock

I like Rivotril (local Klonopin), mainly because I use pain killers daily and they potentiate each other but they also calm me down a bit. I sometimes have road rage without them or Urbanol (another benzo - week), you would have too if you had to drive here. They do have a mild recreational value in that it drastically decreases the amount of drinks I need to drink, saving me money. I only take 1mg / day so far. 2mg gets me quite sedated. They also make me more sociable and less likely to get bored with a (boring) conversation.

Otherwise there's no big deal.

How did this thread get revived? The OP passed away, of an OD, If I remember correctly. Kinda creepy.

I love klonopins. I also love ativans. Both make me feel relaxed, normal, and able to sleep. I have anxiety though.

ppurplehhayes said:
I"ve heard of some people feeling angry after taking klonopin but it's not like that for everyone.

Klonopin just makes many of us act beligerant and feel happy.

I feel like Depp( HST) in that pic after kpins, only if my system is fairly clean of them.

I've tried MANY benzo's over the years and my experience with each individual one was no less than a one month supply or more, so I have pretty extensive experiences with the benzo family (and many other families but that's a different thread). I had a pretty strong 5 year binge with opiates beginning from a car accident with threw me into an utter non-stop supply of opiates which increased in strength as time when on. After my doc(s) began to see my abuse was getting more crazy they stopped the opiates. Withdrawal, 100's of times, hell, etc,

Eventually I was looking for some alternatives in the way of Benzo's foolhardily thinking I may get some euphoria, which I believe many people fall into this misconception. And though mostly all disappointed in regards to chasing an opiate euphoria - in the end I've found some incredibly useful benzo's with different applications. Summary's below.

Started on Diazepam (Valium) - one benzo with a semi-warm euphoric buzz, which hits you pretty fast and hard - dose dependent - however for me this is VERY short lived (minutes) and trying to catch the same feeling the next day doesn't work well, probably due to the long half life and build up. It takes days of abstinence to 'catch that short magic warmth again. If the initial 'Valium buzz' could be obtained daily without tolerance or 'build-up', and lasted much longer - Diazepam would possibly be the ideal recreational benzo.

Next went to Alprazolam (Xanax) - I was on/off of Xannies for about 6 months and find this to be one of the most puzzling, especially hearing others reports. FYI I only had Upjohn name brand version. Xanax worked faster than any to relieve anxiety (which it does well), but it made me feel sort of 'held down' and a bit too sedated and amnesic - even at lower doses. I never had any recreational value whatsoever from these, though the anxiety relief was very good, except for the fact that in 5-6 hours (too short half life) rebound anxiety occurred with my anxiousness being worse than in the 1st place. IMO this is a big contributing factor in abuse potential. Euphoric value was always nil for me due to the 'being held down' and/or over sedated amnesic effects I got.

Next I went to Lorazepam (Ativan) - Ativan I find relatively mild with little to no recreational effect, however for sleep there's none better unless you start to get into hypnotic benzo's. I of the reasons I say this is at doses of => 2mg Ativan seem to produce some pretty nice closed eye visual effect. Now these are very mild, but oe of the greatest attributes for falling asleep. Another reason I found these invaluable for sleep is the fact I took 2mg each night before bed for 1.5 years and I had little to NO tolerance - IE they worked just as good after 18 months as they did in the beginning. An property very rare for sedating and/or hypnotic properties of benzos.

Next was switched to Clonazepam (Klonopin) - I hadn't much expectation going into the Clonazepam as it was being marketing a lot as an anti-convulsant med, but out of all this is without a doubt my favorite benzo. The 1st time I dosed I just happened to hit, what I would come to find later, was my K-Pin sweet spot of 1.25-1.5mg. I actually have been off benzos for about 2 weeks up until this point too, I should note. After about 20 minutes I began to feel what I can only describe as an alcohol buzz, like I just consumed 5 or 6 drinks quickly on an empty stomach. However without the bloat or sloppiness of alcohol. A pretty solid euphoria formed and I felt very alert, with no sedation to speak of. This blissful euphoric feeling lasted about 45-60 minutes before I took a small re-dose which prolonged the effects (key here is small re-dose). After one or two redoses and about 3-4 solid hrs of bliss, the light sedating properties kicked in as I melted asleep.

I had done it - found the most perfect (for me) & recreational benzo. However as true for everything, nothing is perfect. I've found that due to the semi-long half life of K-Pin's, obtained this 'magic' the next day was impossible, regardless of dosing. It just added further anxolytic effects and the desire to nap. I have found with K-Pins, after you're off benzo's for a while this K-Pin magic returned every time. And also, after a good K-Pin euphoric trip, I found that if I took at least 2 (or more) days completely off K-Pin, the magic would return just as the 1st time. For recreational purposes this is ideal IMO as recreational benzo doses shouldn't be taken everyday anyhow. Also if I do need the anxolytic, therapeutic benzo effects, I found that if I take a short acting benzo (Ativan or Xanax) on my 2+ 'in between' days of Klonopin, I can still achieve the great recreational trip that I've only been able to find with Clonazepam.

It's a strange, unique feeling during these occasional 'recreational' doses. I feel buzzed, but cleanly as I stated above. I also feel very confident, like I could literally do anything. I even obtain a slight 'body buzz' if you will in that my body just feels, well good, and like all is perfect in the world for those few hours. I find these 'occasional' K-Pin dosage journeys to be less sedating than any other benzo I've currently tried. Though once it comes to an end there's some mild sedation, but with amazingly potent anti-anxiety effects. I've seen studies linking Clonazepam with some mild, added 5-HTP effects, which may explain the uniqueness I seem to obtain from it.

I've also tried many hypnotic benzos including all of the 'Z' drugs, Temazepam, Flurazepam, Nitrazepam, Midazolam, & Triazolam. These are in a whole different category IMO as the effects are very different.

i think clonazepam is my least favourite benzo too.. you just don't feel much...

That's because they're not designed to get you high. K-pins and Xanax are my two favorite benzos, for opposite reasons.

Yeah like them clonazepams too. Works great on my anxiety though i can get some what paranoid sometimes when im on them.
I like to take a small amount of clona, maybe 0.5-1mg when i drink alcohol, no blackouts just a nice buzz together with the alcohol buzz.

Flunitrazepam, alprazolam & clonazepam are the bensos i do like.
Bensos like temazepam and diazepam i need to take a huge amount of to even feel something is in my system. Not worth it.

clonazepam is longer lasting than valume but kicks in slower. I punched a truck on clonazepam and went to jail and had to pay 2200 in property restitution and had to pay 8k to a lawyer to get it dropped from a felony. clonazepam is a fucked up drug.

Klonpins tend to be too sedating for me and I get a depressed, hung-over feeling. I have a script for panic attacks but only take them if I have to or can't sleep. Not much reason to, otherwise.

i was prescribed klonopins for anxiety. i was supposed to take 4 2mg pills a day. i can truly say i dont understand why ppl like them soo much. i must have some kinda of tolerance to benzos or something, i never got f'd up, felt high, in fact, i was actually able to function, go to school, work. i wish id felt silly, cuz i still have a crap load of them...

i like kpins, val, and xanax. if youre stupid about them you are likely to get arrested, thats rahter common. they can be used recreationally and i do some times, but they are 100 per cent effective in treating anxiety/panic/insomnia SHORT TERM... obviously... you gotta be careful with them thangs...especially if you're gonna rough it out and combine it with feckin alkeehol n opiates n a whatnot. be safe. peace

How cool looking is the US k-pin with the K in the middle.
I love clonaz goes well under the tongue and works on serotonin as well as GABA

Status
Not open for further replies.