• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

whats the big deal with klonopin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
motiv311 said:
When Klonopin makes you violent... it is in fact your fault, not klonopins for punching holes in the walls. That is pent-up rage, and klonopin simply un-inhibited your ability to mask it.

Klonopin is great for me; it actually makes me more peaceful! But i have seen people flip the fuck out on it before.

I completely agree with you. All benzos are CNS depressants and they reduce your natural inhibitions, allowing you to act out in sometimes inapropriate ways.
you might say, do, or function in ways that you would not normally.
they also make it hard to remember the things you have said or done wich could lead you to create problems in your life or relationships.

sometimes alchohol can make you reveal your true, but impulsive and inapropriate thoughts. removing your "mask" in a way.
if you ask me benzos are far worse

they make you lack:

common sense
good judgement
cooridation
and so on...

I have only tried k-pins and ativan, I enjoyed the short duration of ativan and would consider that a verry recreationl drug but its weak so the amount you have to take to feel "fucked up" is large.
k-pins are also just as fun for me if i can stay awake. i need to be out of the house with things to do becaus if i attempt to relax im out like a light.

any strange reactions you have to benzos are most likly you guard being let down to expose repressed emotins. everyone acts different on k-pins.

realize drugs effect everyone differently...

For me Klonopins are great for anxiety or chillin, there decently potent and last a long time... there okay recreationally but I perfeer xanax or valium

wesmdow said:
ive tried a variety of benzos... and i just dont get why anyone would ever WANT kpins.

i mean, they ARE benzos, but the crappiest ive had by FAR. its like a pure body high--i feel like im not fucked up at all, but then i cant walk and i slur my speech.

wheres the fun in that?

with diazepam or lorazepam or even alprazolam, theres some fun mind-altering going on, but kpins just make me mad.

am i the only one like this? are there others?

i see a lot of praise on this board for clonezpam, and from my real life experiences with it, i think its evil. everyone that i know that tried it had some sort of horrible emotional breakdown within a day of taking it. one of my female friends tried to kill herself. one of my guy friends got into a fist fight.

i punched a bunch of holes in my wall--which really isnt like me.

i already know--klonopin isnt for me. but does anyone else hate it like i do?

Ive been on klonopin for years because it is my favorite benzo and I have tried the majority of them aside from rohypnol. I also know a whole slew of other people that enjoy them. I have never seen anyone go crazy or act weird on them. the weirdest thing Ive seen is people that arent used to t hem nodding out like they are on heroin. Klonopin is one of the most powerful benzos. It just doesnt happen to be hypnotic (sleep inducing). Check the ashton manual (google it) for benzo comparisons and strengths. And as far as you acting all crazy on it, I would avoid taking it. there is something going on with you not the pill my friend. Talk to your doctor about it maybe you could use some seroquel (that will get u higher probably ;) )
sp0r

MildKandy said:
Has anyone taken more than 10 mgs of klonopin in a day? I once took 8 mgs and smoked a good amount of kb and forgot what happened for like 8 hours and confronted my friend with like 6 people for stealing from me. Anyways, now I dont think it was him...... kpins make me retarded

I have to be honest yes. And its because of tolerance. I sometimes take over 20mgs a day, just keep popping em like they are sweet tarts (they taste good actually). I let them dissolve under my tongue, chew em up and or just swallow them. Klonopins are great, but I hate my tolerance, however its still my favorite benzos because of its half life and strength.

I would take everyones opinions on benzos with the proverbial grain of sand. Ive always liked clonazepam because its great at relieving anxiety. I never take more than 1mg tho, anything over that makes me feel too sedated. 1mg is just enough to make me feel good.

I think that Klonopin is a very therapeutic drug. I also think that it is the most effective benzodiazepine...it has strong anxiolytic properties that last more than just a few hours unlike most all other benzos. It is superior as a muscle relaxant & its also effective for insomnia when used at the right dose. Its a God Send to amphetamine abusers.

But IMO benzodiazepines are not recreational drugs...unless when combined with another substances. So what I really hate are threads like these where a poster bitches about not liking them. These aren't intended to be euphoria inducing drugs.

K'd-OUT-in-AZ said:
But IMO benzodiazepines are not recreational drugs...unless when combined with another substances. So what I really hate are threads like these where a poster bitches about not liking them. These aren't intended to be euphoria inducing drugs.

Truth, I take 2mg Alprazolam everyday without any desire for a buzz. They literally allow me to function (ie- go to the grocery store, go to work ect.).

I've never even bothered to try to catch a buzz since at my prescribed dose they really really help me in day-to-day activities. I wouldn't be able to walk my dog if I didn't have a script. Now I can at least leave the house without having a panic attack.

i kinda like the stuff.i only use it when i cant get my hands on oxycodone.i used some the other night at 1 in the morning and went out tagging.....got arrested,lol......

this thread freaked me out for a split second, before realizing how old it was... message from beyond and such >.<
swear i'm not drunkish yet.

i cant live without clonazepam - i take 6mg daily - mainly due to a "mistake" by doctor - i asked for 6 a day (ie 6*2mg) - but got 6mg - L_0_L !! - Thank goodness - soon after that i got really fuked up on methylphenidate and levodopa(legally prescribed) (which i have dropped - suffered side effects) - and was regared not fit to drive by a doctor called by the poLICE - if my prescription would have shown 12mg clonazepam - well - "stick a long ice cold pole - right up my sh*t*r" !! - Any way i like / need them so much due to their stength (though i am very tolerant to most benzo's) now also on alprazolam !! - Also clonazepams duration is a very very important - most benzo's last like 1/2 - 1/3 of what like wiki quotes for me !! - I tell u it is just getting used to them !! - i think aggression is due to 1st time usage - my first time i ended in court !!

This is the 3rd time I have asked to be on them (so i droped them twice) - everything else are too weak in the dose - allowed to be prescribed - this is a way around for people like me who need such doses !! - Perhaps i need somthing like this cause i am on methylphenidate 80mg daily and just a few days ago started on ephedrine - as a repacement to the levodopa (co-beneldopa) !! - So clonazepam is pretty sweet and very necessary !!

-Like jasoncrest said as an anxiolitic - it is very very good - with power and longevity !! - One of the best (or best - out of neccesity) - i can get prescribed !!

_psych

well if:
ellua said:
this thread freaked me out for a split second, before realizing how old it was... message from beyond and such >.<
swear i'm not drunkish yet.
*BuMP*

Last edited:
i don't get benzos recreationally altogether. they just make me sleep. unless i take one to enhance an opiate, then i like them but that's all.

_psychoBone_ said:
Perhaps i need somthing like this cause i am on methylphenidate 80mg daily and just a few days ago started on ephedrine

ya think!?

ellua said:
ya think!?

Well perhaps ................

But it may also have to do perhaps mainly to the fact i was on risperidone and nitrazepam for like 6 years - left to rot !! - Then 4 years on Olanzapine - so Fu<)c me in the azss !!

That s|-|i7 is like as powerful as you can get !! - But hey - You did not know that !!

Now I am living for once - AND living GOO+OO+OOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

_psych

A~fucking~men.

I thought I was the only one that felt this way.

I actually feel the same way about Valium. It is o.k. for about fifteen minutes after it kicks in, but I call it the "hit and run" pill because after it hits, it leaves my ass ...and I am ill and depressed after.

I used to like them a lot and actually felt like they had some recreational value to them. But recently I took them (a good dose too) a few times and they didn't do much for me. I realized I'd much rather have Xanax or Valium. Especially Xanax... man I love that instant explosion of "a slurry world". I think from now on I will only use K-Pins for the comedown off of other drugs.

(p.s. Im talking from a recreational standpoint which is the OP's original thought when posting this. From a therapeutic standpoint, Klonopins are invaluble.)

i think klonopin is evil... i know 2 guys that went to prison for doing stupid shit on too many kpins. one called up a pizza place and beat the delivery guy with a lead pipe when he showed up. didn't even rob him or take the pizza either. the other guy stole my car and robbed 5 places, and doesn't remember any of it. not to mention my idiot boyfriend who abuses the hell out of them once a month when the script comes in and he takes like 30mg in one day. he gets extremely violent on them as well... he broke my wrist once, and beat me in the legs with a big ass maglite flashlight like cops use just a couple days later when he was on even more. it's to the point i absolutely dread the day we go pick up the script at the pharmacy. he would never do anything to harm me normally, and doesn't remember doing it when he's fucked up on kpins. but he takes 100 of the 1mg in about 3 or 4 days, and then starts demanding mine. i just absolutely hate them, they're evil i tell ya.

If you're looking for a recreational high, benzos aren't the ticket.

If you are trying to treat anxiety, sleep, or come down off another drug that is roughing you up, benzos work great.

That said kpin is one of my favorite benzos. nice long half-life, great anti-anxiety effects. But no I don't take it to get fucked up. That is stupid. Trix are for kids.

I dunno what the deal is with the stuff.

Interesting bit though - all of the cretins around here call it "coolattapin" as though it were something you buy from f*cking Dunkin' Donuts. It took me months to figure out what exactly this "coolattapin" was. Morons.

I <3 klonopin. It kills my anxiety, and just makes me feel calm and good all day long. I prefer it to xanax, valium, or ativan. It just hits the right spot for me, no dirty feeling, rarely angry, rarely overly sedating.
But i agree with K'-out that klonopin (or any benzo) isn't really euphoric....unless you suffer from anxiety. I like kpins cuz they last all day and kill my anxiety. if only that 'addict' footnote in my medical records didn't prevent me from getting it scripted.

Status
Not open for further replies.