• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Whats the best music for shroom

Spongle are good. Ive found though, it's the music your intrested in that sounds good while tripping. You cant just expect to play an unkown song and get into it like you would if it was a song you liked.

Really just try and go for ambient, organic, deep sounding music. The Beatles totally don't vibe with me when I'm shroomin'.

Shpongle
Boards of Canada
Enigma
Aphex Twin
Shpongle
Thievery Corporation
Bonobo
Shpongle

There's also a good album called Campari Sunset Chillout Session.

And perhaps try Animal Collective. They seem to be quite profound on just about any psychedelic. Think modern beatles.
:D

oh but don't forget Shpongle

Ott
Shpongle obviously
Hallucinogen
Younger Brother
Prometheus

And anything you like really..

Psychedelics work well with music that carries a positive energy, IME (as opposed to melancholy or dark energy).

This is totally subjective. But in case anybody cares, OZRIC TENTACLES is what I see as a perfect icon of trip music. Just positive, high-energy, tripped-out, psychedelic rock / electronic.

Last edited:
Just to present an alternative viewpoint, I never could get in to Shpongle, always thought the obvious references to Intheogins were really lame, and gave his music this motern electronic hippy vibe. I would go with, Stars of the Lid, Slowdive, Brian Eno (ambient work), Steve Reich, White Rainbow, John Coltrane, Ornette Colman, Dave Brubeck, Sun Ra, Aphex Twin, Boards of Canada, Sigur Ros, Ulrich Schnaus, or your own drumming/bodypercussion/whistling/sing/chanting would also do fine. I had a much longer, and more spesific message written but wasn't logged in and it got canned. If you would like me to give even more spesific examples, like recommending albums and songs, I can do that.

Spongle are good. Ive found though, it's the music your intrested in that sounds good while tripping. You cant just expect to play an unkown song and get into it like you would if it was a song you liked.

usually, but not necessarily.

i don't like animal collective normally at all, but loved them on acid.

deerhunter is also quite good tripping.

Really due to the nature of psychedelics, the answer is the music you love. I find often times I'll set aside playlists and such of various kinds of music I might normally consider 'trippy', and then when the trip comes it ends up being the lesser interesting of the music I listen to.

With that said there are so many pieces of electronic music that just have really insane textures and subtleties that stand out while tripping. I like to listen to a lot of eccentric sub-genres of house a lot, because I've always been big on rhythm.

Aphex Twin - Drukqs Disc I
Wisp - We Miss You
Vector Lovers - Capsule For One
Mimosa - Psychedelic Stereo
Pretty Lights - Taking Up Your Precious Time
Coil - Musick to play in the Dark
One Self - Children of Possibility
Matmos - The West
Princess SuperStar - Is
Einstürzende Neubauten - Gründstuck

Last edited:
xylophone quartets.

its good.

then Manta Ray ~ Numinous Island is a gem when the room starts getting smokey.
=D

been listening to that for a long long time, usually on repeat if i do.

ive never heard this on mushies, but "cevin Key ~ Music for Cats" should be bedazzling 'left-field-ambience with some industrial-esq layering.
very dreamy but stimulating.

or Grateful Dead - Live Dead - DarkStar.

Coil as recommended should keep you busy for many experiences...
RIP

Last edited:
Check out this other old thread on the subject,

then you could also visit the Drug Culture forum for this.

I wonder how much sense it makes to you guys to have separate music threads for mushrooms and LSD (let alone DXM and other things)?

Something like Shpongle (which is always one of the first answers for tripping music :D ) is not what I would normally listen to and not on acid as often either but more with mushrooms for some reason. With psytrance its the other way around.

I stopped listening to typically psychedelic music in trips after a while when I started listening to IDM, post-industrial and similar types. Those are often freaky enough for tripping as well :)

Last edited:
Really just try and go for ambient, organic, deep sounding music. The Beatles totally don't vibe with me when I'm shroomin'.

Shpongle
Boards of Canada
Enigma
Aphex Twin
Shpongle
Thievery Corporation
Bonobo
Shpongle

There's also a good album called Campari Sunset Chillout Session.

And perhaps try Animal Collective. They seem to be quite profound on just about any psychedelic. Think modern beatles.
:D

oh but don't forget Shpongle

Good suggestions. I also agree with your The Beatles statement. On acid though, I love Jimi Hendrix and The Beatles and so on, so go figure.