• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc What's something that makes you want to get sober?

I don't talk about it much to people I know because I worry that they'll dismiss it as the ravings of an addict or something. :(

Ugh, I hate that. I saw something in my mirror once, but as soon as I mentioned I smoked right before everybody dismissed it. Like a tiny bowl of weed causes vivid hallucinations -_-

People will do anything to explain away the supernatural and stay in their safe bubble.

Drugs and the paranormal are my 2 favorite topics as well. I've had many odd experiences. Everything from mild poltergeist activity, random severe nosebleeds, UFO sightings, sleep paralysis, unexplained missing time, and waking up with weird bruises and injuries ; all of which can't be explained by drinking or drug use and spanning from when i was 10 to present. I could elaborate, though it would take me hours to type all of it. Some of my experiences were very interesting and some were confusing and/or downright horrifying (especially the sleep paralysis and also losing 7hrs then waking up with bruises and what looked like a semi-healed gash on my head). I don't talk about it much to people I know because I worry that they'll dismiss it as the ravings of an addict or something. :(

I absolutely believe you!!!

I had a lot happen to me, especially when I was younger. I've lived in haunted houses, have seen strange things, had many odd occurrences. I use to live in the country a lot in Alabama and Wisconsin growing up, so I played outside in the woods and by the rivers and isolated places a lot too. Seen some weird things out in nature.

I understand some people's skepticism some times, as a lot of people out there have tainted the paranormal with making fake shit for attention. But I suppose if I hadn't experienced it myself, I would have a hard time believing it too.
I think there are enough reports of people saying something weird happen to them and a percentage of these people are most likely telling the truth or at least believe what happened to them.

Thankfully I've had a number of experiences where there were witnesses, so I don't have to feel like it was just me being crazy. I enjoy telling people my experiences (provided I know that they know I'm serious and not lying) because they're just wild as fuck and have no explanation and if I really had to, I could call up the person who witnessed it with me and get them to talk. lol

I've struggled with sleep paralysis my whole life too. Until I learned that sleeping on your back can cause it to happen more often, so I started sleeping only on my sides and with pillows all around me to keep me from rolling onto my back. They've stopped since I've done this mostly, but I swear I recall at least twice waking up with it even though I was still on my sides, which freaked me out cause I figured it couldn't happen if I slept on my side. I hate that shit though, it's always traumatizing to go through, even if I don't see any crazy beings anymore during the experiences. Hopefully you've been able to resolve yours some!

I actually wish I knew enough people who were as interested in this crazy shit in real life, that I could assemble a team and we could all go get high and explore this shit. haha When I was young and growing up in the country, me and my friends use to sit out in the woods and drive our car around in the woods and have bon fires in fields and no one ever bothered us (this was in Wisconsin), then I moved to a place in Iowa where if you even dared to go for a walk late at night you'd have the cops pulling you over asking you what you were doing! I often miss that freedom to roam around and explore nature and abandoned shit that I had when I lived in the country in Wisconsin by the river.

I have so many crazy stories myself too, from disembodied breathing that happened to me and my mom for the course of a few weeks at this old house. The strange thing is I had an asshole stepdad who ended up with emphysema and he ended up on oxygen and would often breathe exactly like how this disembodied breathing sounded (this was long after he had moved out when I was 12 and presumably died from his emphysema, possibly around the time we heard this breathing sound). But it appeared to me one night in the kitchen while I was on the computer. Probably like 4AM in the morning. It sounded like some one was standing next to me and breathing very sickly. I got up and tried to figure out where the sound could be coming from, like a logical explanation and that's when I realized the sound was moving. I'd walk towards a corner of the kitchen where it sounded like it was at and then once I got there, it would suddenly be behind me. I got totally creeped out and ran upstairs to my bedroom and stayed there til morning. I went down when the sun came out and my mom had woken up and I went to her and told her I wanted to tell her about something. And she said she had something she wanted to tell me about too. So she told me to go first and I told her what I had heard and her jaw dropped and she proceeded to tell me that she was going to say that for the past few mornings, she had been waking up and going on the computer with her coffee in the morning and she swore she was hearing this breathing sound in our kitchen!!!! After that, this breathing sound came around like CLOCKWORK every single night for about the next 2-3 weeks, always in the middle of the night. It got to be so bad that one night I finally broke down and I screamed at it really aggressively to "leave us the fuck alone!" and it immediately stopped and went away! How the fuck does anyone explain that one!

My stepdad was a very evil person. He was a Mississippi redneck who always talked about being in the Freemasons. He was very physically abusive towards me & just very evil. He would choke me and hit me in the face with his sandals for just 'being too loud'. He caught emphysema and once I got to be about 12, I was able to get away from him cause he couldn't walk more than a few steps without running out of breath. I don't know if that was him coming back or what. Could have been. He lived in that house with us for about a year and then he moved in with his daughter one weekend while we were visiting one of my sisters and he left my mom. He died some time not long after that but I don't know exactly when, cause quite a few months when by before my mom even knew how he was or that he was dead. Nobody in his family bothered to let her know. We had had paranormal things happening in that house and the previous house before he died though. So I don't know what or who exactly it was, but the sound reminded me of that sickly inhaling and exhaling my stepdad would do when he was out of breath. Exactly like a sick person inhaling through their nose and then exhaling that breath & making a mild whistling sound, is what it sounded like. I had heard a disembodied voice saying my name in that house too when my stepdad was still living there as well, so I dunno. Thank god some one else heard this or I would have just had to chalk it up to me being crazy when I was younger. lol Me and my mom once in awhile still bring up this breathing sound to each other.

And that is only ONE of my experiences!! lol There was another time me and my friends were chased by something screaming at us in the woods! And the area where this thing came from is where that friends brother later on crashed his car and then walked to his dads and shot himself in the head! And no one knew why! And a time I think I saw Bigfoot. lol But I don't want to ramble too much more than I already have! :p It seems though now that I'm in my 30's that a lot of the paranormal things tapered off and mostly happened when I was a teenager or a young kid.

There is definitely some crazy shit out there! I don't think we "regular" folks (maybe the government knows) know the real truths about how our world and reality works. I totally believe you've experienced shit you cannot explain and you are very much not alone in having these bizarre experiences. :)

Last edited:

I had a lot happen to me, especially when I was younger. I've lived in haunted houses, have seen strange things, had many odd occurrences. I use to live in the country a lot in Alabama and Wisconsin growing up, so I played outside in the woods and by the rivers and isolated places a lot too. Seen some weird things out in nature.

I understand some people's skepticism some times, as a lot of people out there have tainted the paranormal with making fake shit for attention. But I suppose if I hadn't experienced it myself, I would have a hard time believing it too.
I think there are enough reports of people saying something weird happen to them and a percentage of these people are most likely telling the truth or at least believe what happened to them.

Thankfully I've had a number of experiences where there were witnesses, so I don't have to feel like it was just me being crazy. I enjoy telling people my experiences (provided I know that they know I'm serious and not lying) because they're just wild as fuck and have no explanation and if I really had to, I could call up the person who witnessed it with me and get them to talk. lol

I've struggled with sleep paralysis my whole life too. Until I learned that sleeping on your back can cause it to happen more often, so I started sleeping only on my sides and with pillows all around me to keep me from rolling onto my back. They've stopped since I've done this mostly, but I swear I recall at least twice waking up with it even though I was still on my sides, which freaked me out cause I figured it couldn't happen if I slept on my side. I hate that shit though, it's always traumatizing to go through, even if I don't see any crazy beings anymore during the experiences. Hopefully you've been able to resolve yours some!

I actually wish I knew enough people who were as interested in this crazy shit in real life, that I could assemble a team and we could all go get high and explore this shit. haha When I was young and growing up in the country, me and my friends use to sit out in the woods and drive our car around in the woods and have bon fires in fields and no one ever bothered us (this was in Wisconsin), then I moved to a place in Iowa where if you even dared to go for a walk late at night you'd have the cops pulling you over asking you what you were doing! I often miss that freedom to roam around and explore nature and abandoned shit that I had when I lived in the country in Wisconsin by the river.

I have so many crazy stories myself too, from disembodied breathing that happened to me and my mom for the course of a few weeks at this old house. The strange thing is I had an asshole stepdad who ended up with emphysema and he ended up on oxygen and would often breathe exactly like how this disembodied breathing sounded (this was long after he had moved out when I was 12 and presumably died from his emphysema, possibly around the time we heard this breathing sound). But it appeared to me one night in the kitchen while I was on the computer. Probably like 4AM in the morning. It sounded like some one was standing next to me and breathing very sickly. I got up and tried to figure out where the sound could be coming from, like a logical explanation and that's when I realized the sound was moving. I'd walk towards a corner of the kitchen where it sounded like it was at and then once I got there, it would suddenly be behind me. I got totally creeped out and ran upstairs to my bedroom and stayed there til morning. I went down when the sun came out and my mom had woken up and I went to her and told her I wanted to tell her about something. And she said she had something she wanted to tell me about too. So she told me to go first and I told her what I had heard and her jaw dropped and she proceeded to tell me that she was going to say that for the past few mornings, she had been waking up and going on the computer with her coffee in the morning and she swore she was hearing this breathing sound in our kitchen!!!! After that, this breathing sound came around like CLOCKWORK every single night for about the next 2-3 weeks, always in the middle of the night. It got to be so bad that one night I finally broke down and I screamed at it really aggressively to "leave us the fuck alone!" and it immediately stopped and went away! How the fuck does anyone explain that one!

My stepdad was a very evil person. He was a Mississippi redneck who always talked about being in the Freemasons. He was very physically abusive towards me & just very evil. He would choke me and hit me in the face with his sandals for just 'being too loud'. He caught emphysema and once I got to be about 12, I was able to get away from him cause he couldn't walk more than a few steps without running out of breath. I don't know if that was him coming back or what. Could have been. He lived in that house with us for about a year and then he moved in with his daughter one weekend while we were visiting one of my sisters and he left my mom. He died some time not long after that. We had had paranormal things happening in that house and the previous house before he died though. So I don't know what or who exactly it was, but the sound reminded me of that sickly inhaling and exhaling my stepdad would do when he was out of breath.

And that is only ONE of my experiences!! lol There was another time me and my friends were chased by something screaming at us in the woods! And the area where this thing came from is where that friends brother later on crashed his car and then walked to his dads and shot himself in the head! And no one knew why! And a time I think I saw Bigfoot. lol But I don't want to ramble too much more than I already have! :p

There is definitely some crazy shit out there! I don't think we "regular" folks (maybe the government knows) know the real truths about how our world and reality works. I totally believe you've experienced shit you cannot explain and you are very much not alone in having these bizarre experiences. :)

Sorry you went through that. I can relate to the asshole stepdad thing. But instead of Freemasonry, he practiced Santeria. All his work was done in my room as I lived in the garage at the time. It was obvious to me that it was his fault I was getting spiritually attacked. This is why I really hate voodoo. Its pure evil. They say its beautiful but decapitating goats, chickens, and donkeys is freaking creepy, weird, and gross.

What you went through sounds like something evil imitating your stepdad to taunt you. Good on you for standing up to it. That's some scary shit.

But yea, back on topic, sober is sexy.

Sorry you went through that. I can relate to the asshole stepdad thing. But instead of Freemasonry, he practiced Santeria. All his work was done in my room as I lived in the garage at the time. It was obvious to me that it was his fault I was getting spiritually attacked. This is why I really hate voodoo. Its pure evil. They say its beautiful but decapitating goats, chickens, and donkeys is freaking creepy, weird, and gross.

What you went through sounds like something evil imitating your stepdad to taunt you. Good on you for standing up to it. That's some scary shit.

But yea, back on topic, sober is sexy.

Sorry to hear that you can relate to that. :\ I thankfully didn't have to endure my stepdad killing any animals I think. I remember him and his family being very religious though. And the whole freemason thing. I don't know much about my stepdad other than that and that he was a security guard at a hospital my mom worked at. And before that he traveled around the country in a van with his grandson, who also lived with us for a period of time.

He would go on these violent psychotic outbreaks on me and his grandson quite often though, most times for petty reasons. I can still vividly remember having to stare into his face and he would just be seething with anger to the point where he was clenching and grinding his teeth and jaws. Very much like he was possessed and enjoyed it.

He always told my mom that the freemasons would watch over her after he was gone. I know the freemasons can be shady but some times I wonder if there's anything to it or if he was just another member of some men's club that liked to act special or something. No clue.

It affected me deeply but I'm at a point where I can say that it doesn't bother me to think about or speak about my stepdad. I think he had weird issues.
Maybe something strange or evil has been following me my whole life.

But yeah, as for the topic, sobriety would still kill me. lol

Last edited:

My stepdad was a very evil person. He was a Mississippi redneck who always talked about being in the Freemasons. He was very physically abusive towards me & just very evil. He would choke me and hit me in the face with his sandals for just 'being too loud'. He caught emphysema and once I got to be about 12, I was able to get away from him cause he couldn't walk more than a few steps without running out of breath. I don't know if that was him coming back or what. Could have been. He lived in that house with us for about a year and then he moved in with his daughter one weekend while we were visiting one of my sisters and he left my mom. He died some time not long after that but I don't know exactly when, cause quite a few months when by before my mom even knew how he was or that he was dead. Nobody in his family bothered to let her know. We had had paranormal things happening in that house and the previous house before he died though. So I don't know what or who exactly it was, but the sound reminded me of that sickly inhaling and exhaling my stepdad would do when he was out of breath. Exactly like a sick person inhaling through their nose and then exhaling that breath & making a mild whistling sound, is what it sounded like. I had heard a disembodied voice saying my name in that house too when my stepdad was still living there as well, so I dunno. Thank god some one else heard this or I would have just had to chalk it up to me being crazy when I was younger. lol Me and my mom once in awhile still bring up this breathing sound to each other.

And that is only ONE of my experiences!! lol There was another time me and my friends were chased by something screaming at us in the woods! And the area where this thing came from is where that friends brother later on crashed his car and then walked to his dads and shot himself in the head! And no one knew why! And a time I think I saw Bigfoot. lol But I don't want to ramble too much more than I already have! :p It seems though now that I'm in my 30's that a lot of the paranormal things tapered off and mostly happened when I was a teenager or a young kid.

I'm always thankful when I have witnesses when something unusual happens, yet even then most of them tend to be skeptical. My fiance is from Indiana originally and that's when his experiences started. He's always been a sleepwalker too. Maybe something about isolated homes on the outskirts of Midwest towns attract the supernatural. That's odd about the breathing. If you haven't heard it til after your stepfather died, it could be his spirit lingering. Maybe he's still attached to the house or isn't quite ready to accept his death.

I'm always thankful when I have witnesses when something unusual happens, yet even then most of them tend to be skeptical. My fiance is from Indiana originally and that's when his experiences started. He's always been a sleepwalker too. Maybe something about isolated homes on the outskirts of Midwest towns attract the supernatural. That's odd about the breathing. If you haven't heard it til after your stepfather died, it could be his spirit lingering. Maybe he's still attached to the house or isn't quite ready to accept his death.

Possibly! We moved out of that house when I was about 13 or 14, but we only moved about 8 miles away to another small country Wisconsin town.
Not much happened in that new place though. Eventually crazy shit like this started tapering off I was able to put it in the back of my head and store it away as something I'll never have answers to anyway. There's still the odd occurrence some times now that I'm older.

My partner said he had a dream the other night about being abducted by aliens. lol I laughed and passed it off until yesterday when he woke up with a weird mark by his ear that looks like 3 little dots where some one poked a needle or something. lol Not sure what to think about it.

Yesterday was my oldest sister's birthday! The one that died from her liver shutting down from alcohol.
I celebrated just how she would have wanted it and got high as hell!

I think we might have new neighbors below us at this house i'm living in now. If so that's gonna suck. But they've been coming and going for 2 weeks now and last night was the first night they stayed all night, but I've never seen them bring any furniture or boxes in and they have a loud ass kid. So I keep telling myself that they were just house sitting for the landlord or something. lol Cause if we get new neighbors, I'll have to stop smoking my cigs inside in the bathroom in case they smell it. And it's absolutely annoying having to go out in the freezing cold first thing when I wake up.

hope everyone had a great weekend!

Possibly! We moved out of that house when I was about 13 or 14, but we only moved about 8 miles away to another small country Wisconsin town.
Not much happened in that new place though. Eventually crazy shit like this started tapering off I was able to put it in the back of my head and store it away as something I'll never have answers to anyway. There's still the odd occurrence some times now that I'm older.

My partner said he had a dream the other night about being abducted by aliens. lol I laughed and passed it off until yesterday when he woke up with a weird mark by his ear that looks like 3 little dots where some one poked a needle or something. lol Not sure what to think about it.

Yesterday was my oldest sister's birthday! The one that died from her liver shutting down from alcohol.
I celebrated just how she would have wanted it and got high as hell!

I think we might have new neighbors below us at this house i'm living in now. If so that's gonna suck. But they've been coming and going for 2 weeks now and last night was the first night they stayed all night, but I've never seen them bring any furniture or boxes in and they have a loud ass kid. So I keep telling myself that they were just house sitting for the landlord or something. lol Cause if we get new neighbors, I'll have to stop smoking my cigs inside in the bathroom in case they smell it. And it's absolutely annoying having to go out in the freezing cold first thing when I wake up.

hope everyone had a great weekend!
It helps to keep a journal handy. Anytime something odd happens or if you wake up with bruises, injuries, or strange marks, it wouldn't hurt to make a note of it. Anyhow, I hope you have a good week. If one thing's for sure, it sucks having to smoke in the cold. Stay warm!

The isolation, my reflection in the mirror, money spent and the pain my mind and body feels most days.