• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

What's on your bucket list?

Slash5331

Bluelighter
Hey guys, just thought i'd make a thread where everyone can share what's on your bucket list.

I'm only 15, but I know for sure that I want to join the New Zealand SAS.
It's just something I've wanted to do since I was about 13, and I'm willing to do whatever it takes to pass selection and become a badged member of the unit, I've already started training myself as best I can.

Other things I would like to do include Wingsuit BASE Jumping and Getting married and having kids.

What's on your bucket list?

I haven't made an official list, but I know what some of them would be. Definitely traveling to all 7 continents. Completing a week-long backpacking trip. Hike the Pacific Crest Trail. Kayak in sea caves. Ride in a hot air balloon. Visit the Farallon Islands. Ride in a helicopter. See the tallest mountains in the world, the Himalayas. Drive across the United States, coast to coast. Visit every one of the 50 states.

Travel seems to be high up on the bucket list of just about anyone I've ever really talked to. But life seems to always get in the way for many people and their priorities shift from focusing on the dreams to focusing on "reality". I guess I've always had my head in the clouds but I'm more keen to focus on making my dreams the reality I get to live and if I one day get to ride on the shell of one of those huge tortoises from the Galapagos then that will really just be the feather in the cap of my life.

I really want to do more travelling. I agree real life does get in the way - I'm all for selling up our flat and leaving on a whim but husband is a bit more sensible. I actually hated spending our savings on our first home, I wanted to go to Mexico on a road trip or something.

Still, we're saving madly at the moment so one day hopefully.

Physical:
Run a half marathon
Run a marathon
Run a 5k
Run a 10k
Have a 6-pack (ab's, not beer)

Travel:
Hitchhike across the USA
See all 50 states (doing it next summer)
Travel to every continent (I've got 3 down; at least one more next summer)
Ride a bike across the USA

Misc:
Bungee jump
Skydive
Read all 100 of the Times Best 100 classics
Write a book
Sell a copy of that book
Get a poem published
Procreate (!?)
Learn to ride a motorcycle
Ride from Texas to Tierra del Fuego on that motorcycle

pretty standard stuff here...

Stuff that I've done that might have been on that list once:
-Sell 90% of everything I own
-Meditate at a Zen monastery
-Climb a mountain
-Travel to Europe (x3) and Asia (once)
-Hold a conversation in another language with a native speaker of that language
-Hike in the Alps
-Eat pizza in Italy
-Run a sub-6 minute mile
-Publish photos (on two continents)
-Snorkel on a tropical island
-Have amazing sex
-Achieve $0 debt

For now my list basically consists of travel.

To Visit List:
  • Spain
  • Portugal
  • Germany
  • Sweden
  • Norway
  • Estonia
  • Russia
  • Costa Rica (Again)
  • Dominican Republic (Again)
  • Australia

survive the end of the world riots, massacres, and food shortages with a hot girl by my side and no weapons [ideally she would be totally subservient].
try not to laugh as hundred of thousands start to worship 'the greys'
witness the second coming of christ
have mind sex with a 'swede' alien in some english garden and hopefully passing my superior DNA on by mental osmosis

and of course:
become a rock star
publish a best selling self-help book entitled: 'If You Could Only Be Me'
come up with a blockbuster script sell it and move to a mansion in Maui where I would grow completely organic weed and have WWOOF people tend the gardens.

Definitely trip balls on ayahuasca several times under the guidance of a Peruvian shaman.
Id like to go on a "culture tour" where I just keep going east, circumnavigating the globe and checking out all the coolest spots of ancient civilizations. I'd also like to sample as much crazy cuisine as possible. Drink as many different types of alcohol and coffee and tea as possible.
Play music on stage for half a million people.

Maybe if I do enough ayahuasca I could play music on stage for half a million people leading a massive trip session while tripping myself, but not fucking up the music, of course.

I'd like to have a giant stone monument built. Not for my benefit or tomb or anything, but just so something lasting from this generation of rust and fungus-eating-plastic lives on a thousand years and people look back and realize that our time wasn't a total waste. Even Rome passes for high culture just because they made shit out of stone. We're more decadent and much shittier architects, ain't that a mother fucker?

I'm afraid of creepy spiders, so part of me wants to try out those fried tarantulas that I see in South America.

I want to have a crazy death too. Like a borderline shameful, borderline amazing way to go out. I can't even imagine what that would be though.

I wanna catch a Sturgeon, hook and line
wipe my ass with silk
go in to orbit/ weightlessness
Various travel destinations

I want to see the Eagles win a Super Bowl

also travel, the usual bucket list shit

-Run a sub-6 minute mile
-Have amazing sex

get caught in a tornado and survive

i've done those!

i don't really have one, but i know for sure 'end up in vogue' is on there, a long with buying back the home of my great grandmother in Bethesda, Maryland. it's a museum now, and i know i'll never have the amount of spawn to fill it up, but it kills me inside to see all the home movies and stuff from there and knowing that no one lives there now and it's a tomb for artifacts and no one can appreciate the generations of people who mean something to me who were born there and died there. if i go broke doing it i won't care, i want that house so badly.

- travel somewhere (besides just in Canada or the US)
- get married
- buy a house
- have an aquarium full of fish

I don't have any crazy goals, maybe I should, I expect everything on my list to happen. Hm.

Getting lost in India

Sky diving

Having children

Publishing a Graphic Novel

Publishing a Cook Book

Drinking Tea with a Geisha in Kyoto, Japan

i don't really have a list, i've been fortunate to have done a lot in my life so far, i would like to find peace and contentment though.