• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

What's Good on European and African TV v. Walking the Dead

There is a good film tonight on BBC.2, well I enjoyed it the first time I watched it.
'A Beautiful Mind', the story of a brilliant mathematician John Nash, whose genius is compromised by paranoid delusions and schizophrenia.
Well worth a watch.

Its not on my tv guide :\

There is a good film tomorrow night on BBC.2, well I enjoyed it the first time I watched it.
'A Beautiful Mind', the story of a brilliant mathematician John Nash, whose genius is compromised by paranoid delusions and schizophrenia.
Well worth a watch.

Yeah seen that, found it very involving, not sure if "enjoyed" is the right word for it, but i enjoyed it very much. Shows that Russell Crowe is a lot more versatile an actor, than just playing the role of a violent but honorable hardman all the time.

I've never seen the film but there's a good doc about John Nash which is probably a bit more accurate and informative (I'd hope so anyway) and worth a watch if interested in the story. He is a fascinating fella.

A Brilliant Madness: John Nash

There is a good film tomorrow night on BBC.2, well I enjoyed it the first time I watched it.
Well worth a watch.

Brings back memories from school that does, we had to watch it and analyse it, not sure I could enjoy it again after watching it about 7 times.

Looking to start a new series, any recommendations?

Anyone seen that program with bear grylls where they stick a load of men on an island for a month, they film it all themselves to see how they would actually survive, took them almost 2 whole days before they made fire, the old bastard just lay down whilst everyone was trying to get shit sorted. See how it plays out, theres a local lad on it from round here.

First thing he says is "er I kind of have a racist tattoo on my leg" hah nice introduction.

Started watching Vikings, very good so far

+1 to this. I've watched both seasons and its belting. Its been renewed for a third series next year.

I need a new series now. One episode of Game Of Thrones a week is all i've got going on at the moment.

Adam and Paul is available on YouTube in pretty good quality. I watched it the other night on Max's recommendation. Very bleak.

My favourite series, in order of preference:

Band Of Brothers
Game of Thrones
Spartacus
Vikings
The Tudors
Breaking Bad
The Pacific

I fear that after watching Breaking Bad and The Sopranos that everything else is gonna struggle to live up to those kind of heights. Im kind of struggling with Game Of Thrones, i thought the first few episodes were brilliant, with the wolf saving his young master and all that, and the North of The Wall stuff is all very interesting. The dialogue seems kind of weird and stilted and a bit ludicrous and old fashioned though, i dunno why i cant "just go with it" im sure I'd enjoy it much more if i did. The good thing is that it has a good number of likeable characters.

I really like The Walking Dead, and whilst it may not be quite in the same league as BB and TS (its had a few poor episodes that seem to be just "fillers" to makeup the numbers where nothing really happens, but many great ones, and much more good than bad overall) it has its own atmosphere, and is something of a cult show i would say.

I watched the last epiosde of The Crimson Fields on BBC1 last night. That really looked quite good. Fucking typical of me to watch the last episode of a show first, it will probably be a bit pointless watching the earlier episodes now. 8(

Last edited:
My favourite series, in order of preference:

Band Of Brothers
Game of Thrones
Spartacus
Vikings
The Tudors
Breaking Bad
The Pacific

Excellent list.

Band of Brothers is legendary

Last edited:
Spartacus is howling though.

I rather liked it myself. I do like Sam Raimi though and even if it is his latter-day somewhat commercial style it still had that Sam Raimi feel in places with all the ridiculously OTT gore and cartoon violence. It's not the kind of thing that is ever gonna be comparable to Breaking Bad or Sopranos or The Wire or owt - it's entertaining fluff is all but very nicely done for what it is I thought. Also surprisingly historically accurate in places given how cartoonificated it all was. Nearer the source stories than the film was... only with entertaining nobs on.

If you liked BoB check out The Pacific.

Pacific is decent,

agreed with rickolasnice, Band of brothers is quite a bit better i reckon

Homeland is deffo worth checking out... True Detective... Sherlock.. Orange is the new black

I rather liked it myself. I do like Sam Raimi though and even if it is his latter-day somewhat commercial style it still had that Sam Raimi feel in places with all the ridiculously OTT gore and cartoon violence. It's not the kind of thing that is ever gonna be comparable to Breaking Bad or Sopranos or The Wire or owt - it's entertaining fluff is all but very nicely done for what it is I thought. Also surprisingly historically accurate in places given how cartoonificated it all was. Nearer the source stories than the film was... only with entertaining nobs on.

It was the cartoon blood that ruined it for me.

It almost ruined it for me when i first started watching it, till i saw past it and accepted it for the kinda cartoony-ness of it, like sim city or something