• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

What's Good on European and African TV v. Walking the Dead

Anyone here who hasnt seen homeland... check it out. worth a watch

Still haven't watched it - haven't got around to watching Breaking Bad yet and everyone raves about it - out of all the newer ones, I've sort of boiled them down to Mr Robot, Humans and The Whispers.

Strain season 2 is ok.

Just watched the whole of the Sopranos for the first time. I'll give it a 4 out of 5 rating. Nearly done, just got the last half of season 6 to go.

if I had a spare email addy and I was a total cunt, I'd start an alt called Tony Soprano's Mom, and make a, ' I wish the good Lord would take me now' thread, over in The Dark Side.

What a great mommy character she was. I know a few people just like her.

Anyway. It weren't bad as series go. I liked it better than the wire, which I think is a little over rated (and not as good as the Richard Price written stuff that's been screened)

^
No, but apparently I've seen it, but I may have been in a "not for work aka not paying attention state.." I do rather love a bit of horror and gore.

Show Me a Hero has engaged me much so. Quite pertinent to what I do, so I'm agasp at it :eek:

The Hannibal series has so excited me, of course. The screen writers and directors should feel much pride for that piece :)

Did anyone see the Pilot for 'Fear the Walking Dead' ? It's about the build up that leads to The Walking Dead - I enjoyed it, usual TV zombie stuff but still zombie stuff :)

Saw the first episode yesterday, was okay. Kind of slowpaced but since it's about the start of the outbreak it has some nice brainfucks - is that a homeless person or a zombie?

Last edited:
Should be in the film thread i suppose, but i watched that Mama last night by guilermo del whatsisface on film 4 (they might repeat it again). That was a pretty good horror film i thought.

Just watched the whole of the Sopranos for the first time. I'll give it a 4 out of 5 rating. Nearly done, just got the last half of season 6 to go.

)

thast the very best bit imo.

Has the 'comfortably numb' scene happened yet? "This system's got no balls Man!" 8o

Season 6 was by far the best imo, brilliantly exciting and engrossing thoughout as everything boils to a climax, great plotlines. Maybe it just took me that long to 'tune in' to the characters as for me its usually essential that i like the characters im watching. Unless they are characters like The Governor from TWD that you are meant to hate. It took me a long time to find anything likeable about those guys, every one of them a double double double crossing back stabbing ruthless psycopath, who'd murder his closest buddy without any qualms if it was expedient or even just more convenient.

spoiler if this hasnt happened yet

NSFW:
I loved the side story about one of the bosses getting outed in a gay night club and going on the run, and his love affair and all that was really sweet. Very nicely offset everything else, for a while, until normal service resumed.

Last edited:
Season 2 of 'Z Nation' has started again :D - I really enjoyed Season 1, good fun.

I can't believe it... I thought I'd watched all of Breaking Bad but I just came across the fact that Season 5 was split into two 8 episode parts... I bought "Season 5" thinking it was the last season but in fact it was not because there was also "The Final Season"!! Fuck me... I never noticed it seemed not to be completely tied up. Guess I best get watching the last 8 episodes... :D

What a plonker... :|

I can't believe it... I thought I'd watched all of Breaking Bad but I just came across the fact that Season 5 was split into two 8 episode parts... I bought "Season 5" thinking it was the last season but in fact it was not because there was also "The Final Season"!! Fuck me... I never noticed it seemed not to be completely tied up. Guess I best get watching the last 8 episodes... :D

What a plonker... :|

There is only three or four decent episodes in the whole complete season 5 worth watching. The rest are just filler episodes. Could have been so much better than it was. Guess thats what happens when you get someone new directing and writing scripts halfway through.

Has anyone been watching 'Narcos'? It's a crime drama based around the career of Pablo Escobar. I'm four episodes in and really enjoying it, despite knowing how it will end!

The Walking Dead season 5 is finally available on DVD. Gonna be feasting and gorging on back to back episodes during my 2 weeks annual leave which is coming up shortly. The only decision yet to be made is whether to be totally hedonistic and get a variety of substances in to make it even more enjoyable, or to be more sensible and ascetic and go on a Kratom stem and vein regime.

Hopefully I'll do a bit of both, a bit of self indulgent hedonism for the first few days, before setting about lowering and / or reversing my Kratom tolerance, something which i really need to do in preparation for the upcoming ban. I've tried stem and vein a couple of times before but couldn't stick to it as the antagonism action it has on all the receptors it hits feels a lot like precipitated w/ds. I guess that's the whole point in that it gets everything over and done with far quicker than would otherwise be the case, massively speeding up the resetting of the brains receptors, so I'd be looking at 2 weeks of feeling like shit rather than 4 or 5.

mr robot is shockingly realistic and almost could be the story of my life, christian slater makes it even more fucked up. I have watched the whole of s1 and its very good.

Just an update, for those who don't know, Homeland season 5 is airing on Channel 4, 9pm on Sunday. Looking forward to it!

Started watching heroes reborn got bored 30 mins into it will watch rest tho.anyway watched that limitless tv series?