• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

What's Good on European and African TV v. Walking the Dead

What's that fear the walking dead like any good? heard it's more slow about the story than any action.

also been reconnected Ash Vs Evil

from what i gathered its about the events as the apocolypse began and the cast are not "survivors" like in TWD proper. They are people who dont seem to stand much chance of making it.

Some people have said it's crap others have said its good, I'll definately have to get it, it'll be like TWD prequel or something i guess, just with a bunch of characters who dont seem to have what it takes to survive, i guess that could make it seem more realistic in some ways. How many everyday people would really turn out to be warrior super heroes like Darryl and Michone i wonder, it would be interesting to see what happens to a bunch of nerds and wimps and drug addicts like the cast in the fear the walking dead are said to be. Merle with his Terminator arm was into his chrystal meth but he was a survivor, half crazy too, slashing open all the matresses in the prison in case any prisoners had stashed drugs in there, a dangerous character to have as your friend let alone your enemy.

Just finished Narcos first season last night.

'tis was an amazing, awesome, pumping powerhouse of a TV show - em'dy not watched it get it cranked on Netflix. Pablo Escobar was a criminal mastermind, unbelievable some of the shit that was going on in Columbia at the the time.

I've heard quite a few people mention 'Narcos' - I haven't seen it so may give it a go.

I've heard quite a few people mention 'Narcos' - I haven't seen it so may give it a go.

You should, I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Guy that plays Escobar is fantastic, cannae mind his name.

I have now watched the first 4 episodes & I can say it doesn't drop the ball. Really enjoying it, more so than I did Daredevil... watched a couple of episodes of that but it never really hooked me somehow.

Yeah? I really liked Daredevil, I liked how violent and grittier it was next to Marvel productions for the cinema. It's certainly not for the kids.

Anyone into Peep Show, just watching season 9 on C4 On Demand - utterly hilarious.

Peep show is good. Not seen it in ages though. We used to watch a marathon of it.

Evey

I don't know which channel it is shown on as I received the whole series on a usb stick from a friend of my sister.
Excellent series called Mr Robot, well worth watching if you get the opportunity.

Anyone into Peep Show, just watching season 9 on C4 On Demand - utterly hilarious.

I love Peep show. Super Hans on crack was funny (and true) as fuck! Don't know if I've seen season 9 - gonna check it out now...

I love Peep show. Super Hans on crack was funny (and true) as fuck! Don't know if I've seen season 9 - gonna check it out now...

One of my favourite Super Hans moments:

"You should drop acid at the funeral. Makes it more intense. That's what I did at me old man's, it was fucking mental. I was crying and laughing at the same time. Didn't know who was dead and who was alive."

Yep, watched season 9 now, and I'm happy to say it was bang on form :)

Anyone seen that 'Cuckoo' sitcom? Been watching it on catch up and it's quite good actually. Centres around this middle class student who returns from her gap year in Thailand with an annoying American hippy husband called 'cuckoo' in tow - much to her straitlaced father's dismay. It was a little cringeworthy at first, but the interplay between Cuckoo and her repressed lawyer father is quite good - especially when it becomes apparent that they're not that different after all...

Aye, Peep Show is excellent. The new series is just as cringey as all the rest. Love me some cringe comedy. I also loved Mitchell & Web's sketch shows.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1740299/

The Man In the High Castle, on amazon prime at the moment. TV adaptation of the original Philip K Dick novel, I've watched the whole series and it is absolutely brilliant.

I saw the trailer and nearly had a wet moment. I love alternative history and have played out this very scenario many times in grand strategy games. I could only manage a couple of episodes and couldn't continue. I thought much of the acting was terrible and all a bit contrived. It was a shame, really.

However, I'm going to have to read the Philip K Dick novel now! I may give the show its fair due and give the rest of the series a chance.

I've started watching a new Sci Fi

The Expanse - The crew of the Rocinante discover a derelict vessel which holds a secret that may be devastating to human existence.

I've only watched the first three episodes but seems fairly interesting so far, will have to see how goes.

Bear