• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What's everyone's opinion of DMT?

DMT is sacred. I blast off maybe once or twice a year and only 20-30mg lifts me off. It has taught me many things but most importantly dualism is an illusion.. Heaven and hell are one; 'bad' and 'good' is irrelevant and are illusions.
My trips usually pickup where they leave off... There are always beings waiting for me who shower me with love and information (most which I cannot bring back). I cry during/after my trips because I feel like i've been connected to the source and I feel WHOLE. Like i've been connected with mother who I have lost and not seen for a thousand years. There is definite stacking of dimensions and I am very aware of each stage. An afterglow usually lasts for months afterwards.

I haven't had a good trip in about a year but I feel the energy is not right to travel just yet...

^^ That was beautiful to read, thank you. :)

I think just because you didn't like mushrooms doesn't necessarily mean you should give up on psychedelics. But it does depend on what you didn't like. If you didn't like feeling out of control or if the way you perceived things felt different and you didn't like that, then maybe psychedelics aren't for you. But mushrooms can be pretty intense and physical, there are many psychedelics that feel lighter and easier. Mushrooms are pretty hardcore honestly. Sometimes they're joyous and effortless and warm and bubbly, but sometimes they're extremely intensely emotionally unstable and dark. Many psychedelics are more consistent in their effects and lighter on the body.

Mushrooms are pretty hardcore honestly. Sometimes they're joyous and effortless and warm and bubbly, but sometimes they're extremely intensely emotionally unstable and dark.
I totally agree. To me mushrooms are the darkest and most serious of all psychedelics out there, except maybe for DPT and 5-MeO-DMT.

DMT is sacred. I blast off maybe once or twice a year and only 20-30mg lifts me off. It has taught me many things but most importantly dualism is an illusion.. Heaven and hell are one; 'bad' and 'good' is irrelevant and are illusions.
My trips usually pickup where they leave off... There are always beings waiting for me who shower me with love and information (most which I cannot bring back). I cry during/after my trips because I feel like i've been connected to the source and I feel WHOLE. Like i've been connected with mother who I have lost and not seen for a thousand years.There is definite stacking of dimensions and I am very aware of each stage...

i noticed this dimensional stacking also reality gets pieced together in what i would best describe as from cosmic unity into material matter last time i counted about seven dimensions overlapping before my room returned to normal it was quite mindblowing

I've not tried mushrooms, I'm fairly new to psychedelics if I'm honest just salvia and acid. I'm gonna have to crack on with DMT the descriptions are unreal and exactly what I'm after. The reason I'm more inclined to do things like salvia and DMT is the time span, I'm a bit of a pussy really; I was thinking about acid for ages before I did it because I didn't want to have a 12 hour nightmare. Cheers though guys I'll post about my DMT experience after I've dosed may be sometime next week

There's few experience's in my life that have been so profound they have changed me at the most fundamental level of my being. DMT is one of those experiences.

I think what makes DMT stand out so much is it dissolves the illusion of duality in such spectacular paradoxical form that you're quite literally overwhelmed with an immeasurable sense of catharsis; once you collapse into the abyss of yourself and expand into the infinity of space and time.. you're able to see for the first time in your life with the utmost clarity just who you really are.. Terrance Mckenna once referred to the experience of DMT as 'Death by Astonishment'.

It's almost unbelievable, yet there you are. I used quite a lot of psychedelics prior to DMT.. from LSD to Mushrooms, Mescaline and others, and although i had an understanding of the psychedelic mindstate, nothing could of prepared me for the shear shock to the system DMT produces.. it's a remarkable substance, that is undoubtedly one of the most powerful psychedelics known to man kind, there is little wonder it's been referred to as the spirit molecule..

All the best, and see you on the other side of the veil Anonimity :)

I've not tried mushrooms, I'm fairly new to psychedelics if I'm honest just salvia and acid. I'm gonna have to crack on with DMT the descriptions are unreal and exactly what I'm after. The reason I'm more inclined to do things like salvia and DMT is the time span, I'm a bit of a pussy really; I was thinking about acid for ages before I did it because I didn't want to have a 12 hour nightmare. Cheers though guys I'll post about my DMT experience after I've dosed may be sometime next week
Exactly, even if you have a bad experience which is extremely unlikely, you'll know it'll be over very quickly. I've had one bad DMT experience (out of dozens, probably close to a hundred) and it really wasn't that bad. I accidentally smoked 120mg when I had anticipated to smoke 30mg and the set and setting were very bad. So there's nothing to be afraid of. Bad mushroom or acid trips are a different story though!

Btw some advice. Ideally you have a friend with you who is gonna be quiet as a fucking mouse during those ten minutes. He can take the pipe from your hands so you can sit down or lay down (the latter for me) comfortably. Putting on some good music can be a good idea (I love Dead Can Dance on DMT), turning all lights off and lighting a few candles instead is a good idea as well. The candle light will be mindblowing when you come back to reality. Also, try to go for a full breakthrough dose (if it's white DMT, 50mg should be enough) and don't dose low to test the waters first. Dosing low causes an entirely different experience and feels quite uncomfortable to me personally below a certain threshold.

I absolutely love low dose DMT myself, 10mg is a beautiful, light, but full trip, at least when taken outdoors.

that totally depends on how much and in what ways you dislike mushrooms.
i'm not particularly fond of them but enjoy dmt and to a degree lsd (my main problems here being that i'm prone to anxiety and that a 12 trip can be totally exhausting). if you don't like the heavy, "rubbery" body feeling of shrooms, lsd doesn't have that (it's more "electric"). if you don't like the unstable feelings, both lsd and dmt are better in this regard. if you don't like the "mindfuck", dmt has a lot less (if you don't do a breakthrough dose). if you don't like the way sense of touch is altered, lsd ime has a more geometric and pointed feeling, while dmt is more warm and fuzzy in this respect. if you don't like the somehow mesoamerican looking patterns, every psychedelic has a unique "style" or visuals. but if you don't like your body and surroundings feeling unfamiliar, patterning everywhere, the typical altered thought processes, associative thinking or time dilation, then i'd say psychedelics aren't for you.

My experience with mushrooms is feeling nauseous and i always eventually throw up its like my body rejects it. The whole trip is negative and i just want it to stop. A couple days after the trip i kind of feel like it was a good experience and opened my mind a little. I have tried 4 times now and has similar reactions each time... it sucks because my friends all love them.

I hate dmt. No recreational value at all imo. LSD is a million times more enjoyable.
Lol you what?! Maybe it doesn't have recreational value for you, but it obviously has for others which is no matter of opinion. ;) How many times have you tried it? What was the setting and are you sure you had genuine DMT?

I hate dmt. No recreational value at all imo. LSD is a million times more enjoyable.

Sounds like it's time to give up DMT. Too bad, it's pretty wonderful for a lot of people, you are the first person I have heard relate it to duster. Bummer for you.

I have taken very large doses of concentrated lucy, like very undiluted. One vial could have been made into like 3 for a normal dosing regions. 2 hits of this and it was like and intense DMT trip, but for 10 hours instead of 15 minutes! I LOVVEEEE DMT thought. Has any one has a really BLAST OFF? I always take a huuuge hit out of like a meth pipe, ya know? I always pass out, well, not pass out..but kind of. Fall off the bed and go into the land of joy. Acid, will literally do the same thing at 1000mcg and i'd say even 6-800 could do the trick, and it lasts longer, pretty much the same receptors with high dose LSD, TAAR1 heavily agonized. DMT is fantastic, it blasts you to a world that LSD cannot. It takes you to the beyond, and farther. Beautiful, beautiful drugs, a lllll of them!

Drug preference is a very personal thing as you can see in this thread. I personally don't like shrooms, DMT and 2C-E (which are all quite popular) while I love LSD, DPT and 2C-I.

Apart from this, set & setting and dose are important for having an enjoyable trip. These are also personal.

DMT is a life changing, eye-opening moment for any human, in short- a beautiful expansion of the mind, body, spirit, and the dimensions we can visit via N,N-dmt.

dmt is literally astounding, in a way i cannot even begin to describe.

So me and my friend walk to a near by park with a meadow semi surrounded by trees sat down and Loaded .04 into the bowl after my friend had loaded .06 into it and got it to liquefy and unsuccessfully gotten a good hit (sadly) so it was my turn I had .6 in liquid form and .4 powdered form so I sparked the torch and inhaled slow as the chamber slowly filled up with smoke now It was all liquified in a small pool in the bowl with a full dome full of smoke I inhaled and it seemed as if the more I inhaled it the more smoke filled up the bowl finally I cleared it passed the bowl to my friend and held in the plasticky tasting smoke for 25 seconds than exhaled after 2 seconds it hit me like a train it was like someone had flipped a switch in my brain that turned on the galactic affects of the dmt I looked up and saw faint small triangles stacked on top of each other tip to tip in dark purple and grey colors as I looked past the geometrical pattern I saw pure darkness for a good 7 seconds than blinked and saw the tree in front of me I looked up still seeing the faint geometric patterns to the middle of the tree branches and saw the moonlight beaming through the leaves and I thought that they were in a somewhat geometrical pattern similar to the faint triangles I was seeing I could not see the leaves and branches but only the light pouring through them they seemed like they were a solid black color with nothing to reflect light from I than looked back down at the grass I was sitting on and it looked as if all the blades of grass were standing up straight in a perfect formation all the way across the field I than took the bowl back and once again put the teal ish flame just under the small pool of the dmt which emediatly smoked up to build a full thick hazey cloud of smoke I than released the button and hit hard on the full chamber of smoke closed my eyes and saw the afterglow of the torch flame swirling around in a wig wag across both eyes at the same time I than exhaled and opened my eyes to see the same faint geometric pattern and the uniform blades of grass and I continued to pass the bulb back and forth with my friend almost in a routine like manor with the occasional (whoa dude or are you seeing anything?) the .1 lasted a good 25 full chamberd hits between me and my friend although I didn't break through neither did my friend I felt completely numb from head to toe feeling waves of tingling sensations on par with my breathing we both shared each others trips and compared the two it seemed as if it hit me harder but I defiantly got a full solid first hit with the chamber filling up and the smoke turning a slight yellow color and a full inhale lasting 45seconds and than 35 seconds after I had cleared the bowl I exhaled a very small could in comparison to my friends first hit of .6 not completely heating it turning it into a liquid form and a decent cloud build up in chamber all in all I didn't break through I saw the after glow of the torch for a good 30 minutes I felt an almost overwhelming numb/rush for a solid 35minutes after my first hit and a decent hallucinations for a good 20 minutes after my last hit. In all I think it was a very good semi-pshycadelic trip and that I wish to do it again

^When you say .6 do you mean 60mg or 600mg?
.6g = 600 mg, which is a whopping dose of DMT - even between two people.