View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What's everyone's opinion of DMT?

Anonimity

Greenlighter
So after acid I was left not disappointed but it wasn't quite what i was after don't get me wrong It was awesome truly great fun and relatively low risk but I didn't 'trip' enough I wanna be talking to some alien horse demons. That is why I was thinking about DMT apparently it's like a thousand times stronger than Acid! However one big drawback is a side effect is 'death' so I want to know how often do people die from it? Has anyone taken it and do they care to share their story (I bet it's a great one!) and what's it like? Is it worth a try?

I've never heard of anyone dying from it
But there are truly no words to describe how incredible dmt is

I'm sure there is a dmt mega thread around here some where though, with all the info you could ever need

They probably mean ego death which can refer to a loss of self awareness throughout the trip which is very common in dmt breakthroughs.
DMT is an extremely powerful beautiful substance but it is not under any circumstances to be taken lightly.
Comparing it to acid is impossible aside from the fact that they are both psychedelics.
The style of visuals is more like mushrooms, but the high is nothing like mushrooms, it is a very unique experience.
It is powerful, and it can possibly lead to personal revelations whether they be good or bad.

I've always found acid better for real self exploration, smoked DMT more for like, the image of psychedelic exploration.

I always have epic "meaning of life thoughts" on DMT, but really its just the drug making everything I think feel epic. It's too short for anything important to occur to me honestly. I figured out the whole world once, but either forgot it when the trip ended, or realized it was BS. On acid I actually get amazing insight. Smoked DMT makes me feel amazing and have the best visuals of any psych. Makes me think of acid crack. The urge to redose while tripping always made me feel like a MAJOR crackhead honestly, thats what I never liked about the substance. And some times make me need to piss uncontrollably.

Oral DMT must be amazing (with an MAOI of course). I haven't experienced it personally though (yet).

Yeah, definitely not literal death they're talking about. DMT has a great safety profile, I doubt anyone has died from it.

From what I can tell, it has very little relation in experience to LSD. Entity contact is possible, but I doubt the movie image you have of talking to horse-aliens is entirely possible without the use of deleriants or something unsafe.

DMT is the pinnacle of the psychedelic experience- the Crown of the Pyramid (or maybe more appropriately for this metaphor the Eye of the Pyramid).

A mere descriptive 'opinion' will not do my feelings justice, but the words used are the same for me as they are for anyone who has experienced DMT with open eyes. 'Pure energy', 'Godhead', ''All-in-One', 'Love', 'Alien'. A lot of psychedelic drugs are beyond words, but DMT, we're talking beyond beyond. It is beyond time and space, like spending your whole life inside a box you didn't know existed and then experiencing what it is like to go outside of that box.

I could go on for a long time with words trying to relate it to someone who has not experienced it, but there are already plenty of accounts and more appropriately there are already plenty of visionary artists that have done well to relate it through their images and sound, and that art by nearly all accounts expresses it better than my mere words.

Last edited:
Meh DMT and LSD. Interesting, DMT can even be profound. LSD is meh. Compared to combining say high dose dissociative drugs with a substance like 4 aco dmt, DMT nothing but a pale shadow especially if smoked. Yage is an intense and profound experience but even that is not as intense and magical as say combining ketamine, mxe, 4aco dmt or 4 aco met and a small dose benzo (HR sake this combo can give the old heart a bit of a work out and BP elevates exponentially ie 120/70 to 140/90 with BP monitor hence why when I first tried this combo I decided then and there to administer a oral dose of quick acting benzo).

Wow, It sounds incredible, the only reason I would've shied away from it was the 'death' side effect but if that isn't true I don't see any reason to not give it a go. When I said 'Alien horse demons' I just meant that I wanted more visuals and a greater out of body experience then you get with acid.
Thank you all though guys you've truly helped me out here, anyone have any stories though?
Last minute edit; What's a good dosage for a first timer?

Last edited:
i know people who have god on this stuff and would just start crying, but everytime i do it, its an horrible, nasty, evil based experience

i have had a couple good trips but latley i just feel unwanted and tortured whenever i smoke it

Yeah VICE had an article on that BMT, they say us hardcore but i beg to differ, its kids stugg-

Yo Joe rogan yom di you hef a bluelight account=!

my opinion is death is alot more trippy then dmt lol but yes 5me0dmt and dmt at high doses pretty much give you a akashic feeling of the moment of death i say akashic in terms of its like a experience that your soul always knew but you just forgot dmt kind of switches it on and off its not such a feeling in your mind but a reminder to your soul i found it ressauring and beautiful DMT death that is try it out man you will change...

if i do not enjoy taking mushrooms is there any point trying any other psychedelics?
Not really imho. They're all very similar. If the mushroom experiences you've had didn't cause any trouble for you, you could try DMT which is a very different experience from that brought on by other psychedelics.

So after acid I was left not disappointed but it wasn't quite what i was after don't get me wrong It was awesome truly great fun and relatively low risk but I didn't 'trip' enough I wanna be talking to some alien horse demons. That is why I was thinking about DMT apparently it's like a thousand times stronger than Acid! However one big drawback is a side effect is 'death' so I want to know how often do people die from it? Has anyone taken it and do they care to share their story (I bet it's a great one!) and what's it like? Is it worth a try?
Well there's three options:
-Do a lot more acid next time
-Try DMT, which will very likely blow your mind
-Try the dissociative+psychedelic combo, which WILL blow your mind like nothing else out there

If you just want to experience something extremely surreal, you could also try Salvia Divinorum which is a type of dissociative as well. It isn't too much fun, but it's definitely very far out there.

if i do not enjoy taking mushrooms is there any point trying any other psychedelics?

that totally depends on how much and in what ways you dislike mushrooms.
i'm not particularly fond of them but enjoy dmt and to a degree lsd (my main problems here being that i'm prone to anxiety and that a 12 trip can be totally exhausting). if you don't like the heavy, "rubbery" body feeling of shrooms, lsd doesn't have that (it's more "electric"). if you don't like the unstable feelings, both lsd and dmt are better in this regard. if you don't like the "mindfuck", dmt has a lot less (if you don't do a breakthrough dose). if you don't like the way sense of touch is altered, lsd ime has a more geometric and pointed feeling, while dmt is more warm and fuzzy in this respect. if you don't like the somehow mesoamerican looking patterns, every psychedelic has a unique "style" or visuals. but if you don't like your body and surroundings feeling unfamiliar, patterning everywhere, the typical altered thought processes, associative thinking or time dilation, then i'd say psychedelics aren't for you.

Not really imho. They're all very similar. If the mushroom experiences you've had didn't cause any trouble for you, you could try DMT which is a very different experience from that brought on by other psychedelics.

Well there's three options:
-Do a lot more acid next time
-Try DMT, which will very likely blow your mind
-Try the dissociative+psychedelic combo, which WILL blow your mind like nothing else out there

If you just want to experience something extremely surreal, you could also try Salvia Divinorum which is a type of dissociative as well. It isn't too much fun, but it's definitely very far out there.

Mate, Salvia is peak; I've done salvia alot 40x is my favourite extract, intense but not horrific. Is DMT stronger than that? (I know it's sort of apples and orange, but I mean intensity) Also, after my LSD trip I didn't really feel that exhausted the next day (I mean i'm normally exhausted all the time anyway) and haven't rested properly is that normal? I only took a 120 LSD hit so not the strongest. I'll probably go for some DMT, thanks everyone.

Mate, Salvia is peak; I've done salvia alot 40x is my favourite extract, intense but not horrific. Is DMT stronger than that? (I know it's sort of apples and orange, but I mean intensity) Also, after my LSD trip I didn't really feel that exhausted the next day (I mean i'm normally exhausted all the time anyway) and haven't rested properly is that normal? I only took a 120 LSD hit so not the strongest. I'll probably go for some DMT, thanks everyone.
In terms of mindfuck dmt is nothing compared to salvia. in terms of emotional, visual, spiritual beauty dmt is unique. it's like an injection of love. the body feeling is absolutely orgasmic as well (while salvia is kinda just yuk). when i first did it (after many dozens of psychedelics experiences), i could not understand that i didnt know about it any sooner, that it isnt something they teach you about in school. i actually tried to convince my dad to do dmt (who doesnt do any drugs). i dont usually recommend anyone to do drugs, with the exception of dmt. id recommend almost everyone to try this and id most definitely would recommend you to try it. in terms of pure intensity its probably about equal to salvia, but in a very different way. dmt will usually seem a lot more meaningful. to me it basically feels more like visiting another place (the most beautiful place imaginable) than taking a drug and altering my mind.

and about not getting exhausted from lsd... i slept 50h straight after my first experience and nothing could wake me up, but this is a very unusual reaction even to the ridiculously large dose i took. usually theres what people call an afterglow for a few days or even weeks. i never felt particularly exhausted after trips until much later when i had already overdone it.

The biggest lesson I've drawn from my DMT experiences is just how thin the line between heaven and hell actually is. While the vast majority of my experiences have been positive and inspiring, I cannot in good faith actively or indiscriminately promote it like so many people seem to feel compelled to do. The last thing I want on the back of my conscience is to know I'm the principal cause of somebody's bad DMT trip. It's definitely not for everyone.

That being said, it seems like a majority of people who try it end up with positive experiences. Though this might be more of a function of the kind of person who would feel compelled to seek such an experience out in the first place. Think of it like sky-diving.