• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

What'd you do to get off your butt today? v. "That's not real exercise!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started off on a bike ride but didnt make it too far.... first hill I went down, my handlebars broke (lmao) and I went head first off of my bike and rolled almost completely off a bridge :/ It was funnier than it sounds, I promise. At least I had my helmet on. Scraped up my knee pretty good. My handlebars were already loose and bent from a previous accident, I just didn't realize how loose they were I suppose.

Put my broken ass bike away and tried to go for a walk, but my hip joint is seriously fucked. I need to get it looked at at this point, its gotten so bad I am limping around my apartment in pain :( I am not sure what it is but some quick internet research suggests arthritis?

Started off on a bike ride but didnt make it too far.... first hill I went down, my handlebars broke (lmao) and I went head first off of my bike and rolled almost completely off a bridge :/ It was funnier than it sounds, I promise. At least I had my helmet on. Scraped up my knee pretty good. My handlebars were already loose and bent from a previous accident, I just didn't realize how loose they were I suppose.

Put my broken ass bike away and tried to go for a walk, but my hip joint is seriously fucked. I need to get it looked at at this point, its gotten so bad I am limping around my apartment in pain :( I am not sure what it is but some quick internet research suggests arthritis?
LOL that sucks about your bike! Hope you and your bicycle are doing better soon! :)

Upper body workout (chest, shoulders, upper back, arms) followed by about 15 minutes of intense cardio to deplete glycogen stores…

upper body isometrics...

physio with my "client"

30 squats

30 sit ups (alt)

aaand press ups later.

Lower body workout (legs, abs, lower back) then 15 minutes cardio.

17km, pack/helmet/etc 2:04

100 push ups, done slowly and stopping to hold it in the middle, with pack still on back.

HOOAH!

today I walked 9km. Didn't run 'cause I really wanted it to take the whole day. I walked around for 6 hours and the aftermath is about 90 blocks walked (plus a couple of detours) down to the cemetery. Prayed/meditated for a while. Saw people crying. Got my eyes filled with tears for my own deads (no one buried there, but still comes to mind). Emotionally and physically EXHAUSTING. I am really looking forward to an early night but I had a friend coming over for dinner. Darn today was a long day.

worked 6 hours....then when i got home i downed a monster and did a 45 minute weight lifting session (low weight-hi reps)'

Now just chillin enjoying the natural high from lifting...feels like 30 mg hydrocodone

6.4 mile hike in 2 hrs. I was hoping for 1:45 this time but my hiking buddy was pooped. He did run up a hill this time :) I said do not consider it a failure if we don't meet the time goal as he said at the end "I hope you are not mad at me". We are out here doing it, man. I would never get upset with anyone who is trying.

woke up and ran about 3 miles in 30 minutes...now i am at work and plan on doing some push ups and pull ups when i get home!

6.4 mile hike in 2 hrs. I was hoping for 1:45 this time but my hiking buddy was pooped. He did run up a hill this time :) I said do not consider it a failure if we don't meet the time goal as he said at the end "I hope you are not mad at me". We are out here doing it, man. I would never get upset with anyone who is trying.
I wish you lived near me. All my hiking buddies either had their time eaten up or moved. :-/

yeah that would be my husband's voice who doesn't bother to join me
I would think the the same on unfamiliar trails but the second time around they are no longer foreign :)

2.5 hours of swimming in various strokes. mmm...heated pool is much nicer vs running in the winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.