• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

What'd you do to get off your butt today? v. "That's not real exercise!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
45 mins of lifting and an hour of hand to hand/CQB drills (in all my kit which makes it a lot harder cause I'm trying to move and stay balanced with 50 pounds of junk strapped to me)

bought a basketball for my stay here in china. the courts are bloody packed all day, managed to squeeze myself in to shoot a few. not too strenuous. ... oh did a handfull of pullups shortly after lunch, but i was fairly drunk then.

I ran for 45 minutes with the dog in -3C doing laps on the ATV trails behind our house.
The hills back there are just as challenging as the trails I drive 15 minutes to.
*smacks head* I cannot believe I haven't done this before.

5km in ~22~ mins.

outdoor in city, so a bit easier then offroad trails.

i jogged with my dog for about 15 mins :p

you guys are making me look horribly unhealthy =D

If you live in the US, chances are that you are ;)!

Any movement is good movement though. Gotta stay in shape when you are already a bit fit, because it is much harder the more you get out of shape!

30 mins run
80 crunches
80 spinal
10 push ups
20 inclined push ups
3x3 pull ups
3x8 parallel bar push ups
then came home, shadow boxed for 5 mins and I think I broke something in my forearm.. ha, should have said enough...

^ Nice bit of exercise there, I always feel so much better mood wise after a little workout.

Bicep curls @ 10kg Per arm, 12,12,12,10
Bench Dips 14,14,14,14,
leg raises 20,20,20,20
walked dog 3 miles

Dumbbell bench press (Chest)
Warm up 1 x 15 reps
3 sets of 8 reps

Incline dumbbell press (Upper Chest)
3 sets of 8 reps

Dumbbell squats (Quadriceps - Front Of The Thighs)
4 sets of 10 reps

Alternate dumbbell curls (Biceps)
3 sets of 12 reps

Dumbbell Pullover (Back / Chest)
3 sets of 12 reps

Ab Crunches (Abdominals)
4 sets of 15

Tricep pushups (Triceps)
3 sets of 10

18km in 2:03 w boots/backpack/tac vest/helmet hilly terrain off road. at 0345H start time.

Was fun!

16 tricep dips
34 pushups - 24 on my toes, then 10 very slowly, but on my knees. ( I did this because i'm still getting used to doing proper push ups and on my knees i can still really work my arms)
30 seconds holding horizontal plank
30 slow pilates sit ups (oh lordy do they hurt)
20 slow pilates leg lifts (targets lower back)
60 squats

Gotta say I've been incredibly lazy lately. It's a task just to get out of bed before noon-this frigid weather doesn't help, nor does the fact that it's dark before 4:30. Today, with 10+ hours of work, I'll be lucky to walk to the library... a 15 min walk (30 min round trip). BUT I will force myself to make the move.

a real nice run around on the bball court. worked up a sweat and short breath. dunno how severe this pinky finger sprain is, though. owie. swelly. bruisy. thought i'd broken it tbh.

This morning:

5 push ups
15 hand stands with a few push up hand stands
20 push ups
10 side crunches

Waiting for Mr Hedges to set up a workout machine his pops gave us, yay! I am healthy and at a low weight but since it is winter and I can't go on walks every day I am trying to implement core exercising. I have way too much energy for this kind of weather!

question: If i've been sedentary for a while and smoke cigs, is it possible if I jump into cardio that I'll just keel over and die? it can be pretty straining on my chest if I don't start slow from what i remember in previous experience

What got me up and out of my house was that uncomfortable, persistent feeling in your legs where you cant stop stretching them. A good stretch feels good, but when it gets to the point where the second you stop stretching you feel the need to stretch again, its time to workout.

question: If i've been sedentary for a while and smoke cigs, is it possible if I jump into cardio that I'll just keel over and die? it can be pretty straining on my chest if I don't start slow from what i remember in previous experience

I wouldn't recommend starting out strenuously. Especially if you have asthma as a result of smoking. Start out with some light aerobic exercise like swimming/speed walking. Its healthier on your body anyways.

Right on about bundling up and going outside to exercise in the cold. I love winter hikes, they are even better than summer ones most of the time. Just layer up. Getting fresh air in winter is what keeps me going.

Today I walked to the grocery store to get stuff for dinner and then back... was 4 miles round trip.

Yesterday walked hills for 30 min at lunch, then after work ran 2 miles, did stair climbs over the freeway, then came home and did some hooping.

My hip effing KILLS!! I have always had issues with it. The joint just hurts and it gets so tight, but if I stretch the hip flexor, it hurts 100000 times worse. The only thing that helps is giving it some rest, but that kind of kills my effort to exercise every day. Blah..

Status
Not open for further replies.