• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

What'd you do to get off your butt today? v. "That's not real exercise!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
push ups, sit ups, pull ups, chair-traps, jumprope, sprints.

Feelin good .

^BBB posted a push up challenge a while back in HL. it's an interesting one, have a search and try.

i tried running in the morning before brekkie today. only ran about 15 mins, did 2.5kms.

i tried running in the morning before brekkie today. only ran about 15 mins, did 2.5kms.
Yeah, these days my body doesn't function until I've had breakfast. If I try to go for a run before brekkie I can only do about 3km before conking out :D

i was actually warming up pretty well by then, i just have a hard time getting that start. if i ran after brekkie, i'd spew.

What do you have for brekkie? Could you have something light, like a museli bar, then have something more substantial later?

muesli with milk and two hard boiled eggs (eggs recently replacing one slice of "cafe style" thick raisin toast with vegemite) and a couple of mugs of tea. morning routine is failtime for me. i struggled through that time i tried morning bodypump.

I see. Yeah, there is no way you're doing strenuous exercise after that much food and liquids :D

Today: 5km in 25 mins
I think that's about as fast as I can go without incurring injuries :| I would love to be able to go faster but my body just does not like it at all.

really? that's a lot?
i always figured, more for brekkie, it all gets burned during the day.

Not allowed to exercise for next few months due to lung rupturing. And I had just recently started jogging to get fit :p

^^ Awww man that sucks!! I've been riddled with injuries and sickness several times over the years, just when I've been really getting in to my training. So I know how frustrating that is. But there's no hurry, just rest and let your lungs recover, then slowly get back in to it when you're ready :)

really? that's a lot?
i always figured, more for brekkie, it all gets burned during the day.
Yeah but if you're wanting to exercise before work (which it seems like you're attempting to do?) you can't do so with such a full stomach! :D
So, why not just have one piece of toast or a small bowl of museli, then exercise, then have your second "proper" breakfast after you exercise.

And yeah, in comparison to my standard 2 pieces of vegemite toast and black coffee, your breakfast is HUUUGE to me :D

17km in 1:58 with a 56kg pack, helmet, boots, fatigues, along a winding, rough dirt trail with hills and stuff, in the drizzle.

Not fast by normal standards, but dammit, its a good work out.

Another gym session today, about 45-50 minutes.
Rode my bicycle to the store.

^^ Yeah, running in cold air really hurts my throat.
What can help with that? Anything? Wearing a bandanna across your mouth?

17km in 1:58 with a 56kg pack, helmet, boots, fatigues, along a winding, rough dirt trail with hills and stuff, in the drizzle.

Not fast by normal standards, but dammit, its a good work out.
Respect!! 8o
:)

yeah rangrz is beast

as for running in cold, you just need to warm up more, i think.

AirGuitar, is JamTastical.

there's an old guy who walks real fast around sydney doing air guitar moves practically non-stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.