• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What would you suggest to an LSD firsttimer in ONE sentence right before the trip? :)

myr

Bluelighter
Title says it all, I'm going to have my first 100mcg experience tonight. :)

Your breath is your ally; try not to lose track of it and it will protect you in kind.

'fill your eyes, ears, nose, nerves, tastebuds, and soul with happiness and peace'

You may see your granny crawling up your leg with a knife between her teeth - do not worry - this is normal.

enjoy, unlike sex, the first time is the best time, get some benzos handy in case of a bad trip :)

Benzos won't end a bad trip - dont even think about "bad trips"; just chill and do whatever feels right.

For a first timer?
This is a harm reduction forum - that's not good advice. Especially considering how difficult it is to be sure how many mikes are on a tab anyway.

For a first timer?
This is a harm reduction forum - that's not good advice. Especially considering how difficult it is to be sure how many mikes are on a tab anyway.

I believe in safety first and harm reduction as well. I was just stating my opinion though... 100ug is so miniscule it doesn't give people much experience with the substance. 200ug is a decent first timer dose IMO.

And you should know the rough estimate of how much is on each tab or each drop if you have received it from a reliable source.

LSD Oral Dosages

Threshold 20 ug
Light 25 - 75 ug
Common 50 - 150 ug
Strong 150 - 400 ug
Heavy 400 + ug

^ this is from erowid.
I don't agree with you, and consider it pretty irresponsible to suggest strong doses of LSD to people you've never met (of whom you know nothing regarding their personality, psychological make up, maturity, et cetera) for their first time when they are seeking advice.

It's not in the spirit of harm reduction at all.
Besides that, plenty a good time has been had on 100 microgram doses by myself and many other people.

^^^ A common dose is 50-150??? So your saying most people take 1 or 2 tabs/blotters at a time? Everyone is different but this seems way too low.

edit:The OP never said first time tripping period just with this substance. That would be the deciding factor for/against 100ug.

Last edited:
LSD Oral Dosages

Threshold 20 ug
Light 25 - 75 ug
Common 50 - 150 ug
Strong 150 - 400 ug
Heavy 400 + ug

^ this is from erowid.
I don't agree with you, and consider it pretty irresponsible to suggest strong doses of LSD to people you've never met (of whom you know nothing regarding their personality, psychological make up, maturity, et cetera) for their first time when they are seeking advice.

It's not in the spirit of harm reduction at all.
Besides that, plenty a good time has been had on 100 microgram doses by myself and many other people.

I'm sorry, I was just stating my opinion and was expecting a reply like yours so I probably should have been more specific. You're right they should start with whatever they feel comfortable with. It's just IMO that 100ug is pretty much a waste and won't teach a person anything about the chemical at all. If they plan to do it in the future after that, they could easily overdo it because of that first time 100ug boosted their confidence too much. 200ug isn't too much for anybody that I've ever met or dosed. It's a decent shallow end area IMO to get a feel for the substance. And you can't have your first time twice...

Erowids charts are often whack, 150-400 ug is a huge difference. on that chat 150ug is a common dose and also a strong dose? Common maybe, strong no. Everyone is different, but for most people that's just not strong.

anyways have fun OP... my new suggestion is to get music you like lined up and buy enough acid to do again =P. don't listen to my first suggestion of doing 200ug, do that next time :)

I believe in safety first and harm reduction as well. I was just stating my opinion though... 100ug is so miniscule it doesn't give people much experience with the substance. 200ug is a decent first timer dose IMO.

And you should know the rough estimate of how much is on each tab or each drop if you have received it from a reliable source.

Ummm..... ( from http://www.psychedelic-library.org/grofhist.htm)-

" This approach involves regular, systematic, long-term psychotherapy, with occasional interpolation of an LSD session. The dosages administered in this context are in the medium or high range, usually between 100 and 300 micrograms. "

So, the few people in history who have actually been working w/ doses of known mass considered 100ug to be a "medium" dose. I'm gonna trust the actual scientists, not some dude who's pushing tabs. ( Your "reliable" source.)

I suspect that you have been lied to regarding the actual weight on the blotters you've been eating, if you think that 100ug is a threshold dose.

Ummm..... ( from http://www.psychedelic-library.org/grofhist.htm)-

" This approach involves regular, systematic, long-term psychotherapy, with occasional interpolation of an LSD session. The dosages administered in this context are in the medium or high range, usually between 100 and 300 micrograms. "

So, the few people in history who have actually been working w/ doses of known mass considered 100ug to be a "medium" dose. I'm gonna trust the actual scientists, not some dude who's pushing tabs. ( Your "reliable" source.)

I suspect that you have been lied to regarding the actual weight on the blotters you've been eating, if you think that 100ug is a threshold dose.

Agreed. 100ug is a pretty decent dose. Most people who think they're eating 100ug tabs are actually ingesting 40-60ug and severely underestimating LSD's potency.