• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What would it take for you to stop using your drug of choice?

Something more exciting coming along.

My DOC has changed several times over the years, based on my varying wants and health needs and social activities and room in my life for being a trashbag and a lot of other factors. I'm a very sporadic dabbler these days, but generally use the same substance each time.

If something emerged on the market that was similarly or more enjoyable, that had a side effect/risk profile I was comfortable with, that had an equal or shorter recovery time, and that I could access easily, I'd probably switch to that.

As for quitting for good, I've always imagined that that would happen when I just couldn't be bothered any more. I've been through periods of using various things excessively and I'm kinda over the impact that had on my life. If I started feeling the same way about my occasional use, I'd probably just stop and find another way to entertain myself on those occasions.

(Disclaimer that I recognise I'm quite privileged to have gone through periods of heavy drug use and emerged without an addiction or dependency. The question of quitting or cutting down is a lot harder for many other people.)

I don't visit this forum much but many of you are some of my favorite voices to read on Bluelight so tonight I made the time to do so. This is an inspiring thread. I love the easy honesty on Bluelight. Wish we could all give more of this to each other out in the world. Imagine. :) I also visited the "Share something interesting about yourself thread"--what a great read! I've been trying to think of something interesting to share but so far nothing is bubbling to the top of the heap of 61 years. 8)

Great to see you in AusDD herbie! Speaking of "favourite voices on bluelight", you're about the cream of the crop in my opinion :)

I quit my DOC Dilaudid (ROA - IV injection) in 2010 because I showed up to my grad school classes several times noticeably high. I was getting this script once a month for 120 tabs of 4mg and it costs me perhaps 20 bucks. Due to getting a "talking to" by a professor, saying that if I come to class fucked up one more time he would boot me and wash me out of the programme. I switched to 10/325 percocet 120 a month and the highs were nothing compared to IV and the script was much much more expensive - 160 dollars! Regardless I did that and was able to go high but unnoticed in class, and eventually I dropped to Norco 10/325. Now though since they are the same schedule, I just use percocet again. i preferred a schedule 3 because my doctor could call it in anywhere in the country if I was out and needed help. But that script,the norco was 75 bucks!!!

I really miss my dilaudids... so much. so much, but percocet and Tramadol combined do the trick for me so I stay on that combo as anything harder is noticeable for me, and so I can't get away with it in public places considering my job and school. But I just knew if i did not stop getting D and shooting it... i would destroy my career as i get noticble histamine reactions even when taking antihistamines to nullify it as much as possible my whole personality changed from being quiet and withdrawn and serious into happy go lucky weirdo guy. everyone could tell i was on it, but on percocet or norco very few people catch on. From time to time I use drugs like heroin or morphine but not often because of the embarrassment i caused myself.
I dont understand why people love D so much. Ime, heroin, even morphine is a much stronger high. The rush is intense, I'll give you that, maybe if I did 12mg I'd be in love? -----------For me to stop smoking weed, I would have to get into trouble at work. Which has happened this week. I will keep my smoking to after work, and I hope I can stop eventually but doubt it as it helps when I'm nervy and manic-feeling...

That is why what comes next is destroying me inside.....10 years later, after a stay in hospital due to pancreatitis, being diagnosed with a potentially life threatening cancer all while I had a newborn at home, and some sort of nerve issue in my back/ribs which to this day is causing me 5-8 out of 10 pain - I started using oxycontin/done. And I knew full well that given my history I was likely to become addicted to opiates (of all things, I was proud to not have ever had an opiate problem when I was a junkie) but now I'm a junkie again - this time addicted to opiates....And I hate myself for it. My life was so on track leading up to my sons birth. I had everything locked in - good finances through great investments, no drug addictions, peak physical condition.....and whilst I still have most of my money (even though an ex-business partner had ripped my $60,000 dollars out of our investment while I was sick in hospital) and my job and a family that loves me....But I am once again a shattered drug addict, a chronic pain patient with PSTD who is just beginning to take the steps I need to take to rid myself of this addiction. The backwards step for me is harrowing, I'm left broken hearted and deeply depressed.

The love of my wife and son and all those that have supported me throughout my life is what is driving me to once again become sober. The thought of my problems affecting my sons life in anyway shape or form crushes me so I am determined to get this right. My family is depending on me and I cannot let them or myself down.

lol I forgot what the question was Spacey but I think I covered it above. Thanks for giving me a platform to write my thoughts.

Being a partner of a person with chronic pain, and knowing what she goes through, taking opiates to dull the pain enough to get through the day is not a weakness.

As for myself, it varies. It appears copious amounts of alcohol on top of 2 different types of antidepressants is the only thing the keeps me putting one foot in front of the other.

For me, it would have to be when I stop doing it for fun and just stay doing it to get high, and that's for all drugs. I have a little brother and sister who I pretty much consider them as my own kids (they are 6 and 4). So I wouldn't want to do anything that negatively affects their lives

What forced me to stop all drug use was a major life threatening illness which prevented my body from processing xenobiotics. Even some foods are harsh on me now.

If I could, I would be stoned 24/7 right now, but it would cause my primary condition to relapse which would result in significant pain.

In other words my fear of physical pain outweighs my desire to get fucked up, for now.

World Peace. That's obviously facetious, but seriously - I'd need a lot less anxiety/depression/stress #FirstWorldProblems.

The prospect of getting pulled over for a roadside drug test is starting to creep me out. Don't get me wrong - I don't condone impaired driving, and there are obviously substances that singly or in concert with others create a real threat to road users. The stats speak for themselves. However, after 50+ years smoking ganja I'd say I now have to seriously modify if not curtail my usage altogether. A roadside bust would cost me my job / capacity to earn and that's all there is to it. Living out of town means I have to drive 5 days a week to and from, so the chances of getting pulled over are pretty real. I could argue on the definition of 'impairment' when it comes to pot, but LE is not the slightest bit interested. It's not their job. The very fact I have THC in my system is all that matters, so despite being an otherwise law-biding citizen, it pains me to say that the end is probably nigh. I can't imagine I'm the only one out there mulling this one over.

Victoria recently passed a new law where testing positive for cannabis and alcohol in combination attracts an additional and harsher penalty than just testing positive for cannabis and alcohol as was previously the case.

The very fact I have THC in my system is all that matters, so despite being an otherwise law-biding citizen, it pains me to say that the end is probably nigh. I can't imagine I'm the only one out there mulling this one over.

Actually - my understanding is that they're looking for some other metabolite, which isn't even active, as a way of detecting use. Which, if true - is totally fucked.

^ appreciate the feedback, mostly-human. Didn't want to get bogged down on specifics but a quick check (http://www.dpti.sa.gov.au/towardszerotogether/Safer_behaviours/Drug_driving2/drug_driving_faqs) suggests THC in the broader sense. Whatever the case, the outcome is the same at base level. Heard that positive tests gave cops the nod to search cars and in one case, where an oz was recovered, extended to a warrant being issued to search the driver's dwelling. Don't know what they found, but it's fair to reason it didn't end well. That's the kind of grief I don't need, as per my original post. It's totally fucked a half-century long lifestyle choice.

Yeah - I haven't been a regular pot smoker in about a decade, but the road-side testing has pretty much scared me off having the occasionally joint, which is a real shame. But that is a complete nightmare in your situation; I understand completely, wanting to smoke pot regularly - rather than drink, it's a real shame that this means you can't, even if you drive responsibly.

What I was getting at, is my understanding is that they actually test for a metabolite of THC, which stays in your body LONG after the THC has passed (it has a much higher half-life). The fucked thing is, this metabolite is *not* psychoactive, so in effect; they're testing for the presence of an inert metabolite that persists longer than THC - so the THC may have completely passed your system but you test positive for "marijuana" - which is totally fucked. But of course, since it's all illegal, you don't have a fucking leg to stand on.

TL;DR Clean from methadone and methamphetamine and now a raw vegan+I smell like fucking oranges and not chemicals for once.

Mine was getting off methamphetamine after a very close friend killed himself cos he didnt have $500 to pay a drug debt (I mean seriously, im still trying to figure that one out..) and a need to get some sort of stability in my life as well. First of all I was on methadone 150mgs, slowly tapered down at 1mg every week when I got to 60mgs I switched over to suboxone, stayed on sub for 3 months then tapered off that completely - have been opiate free for 2 years now and so glad I got off dome+subs cos then i noticed my urine retention stopped and I didnt need to shootup a quarter gram of meth just to have sex with partner. Then after that I went through a full body detox, which also included chelation - getting rid of a TON of Heavy Metals in my system from the meth im sure! that took 6months (it was a slow process) using betonite clay fast, drinking green smoothies daily, then a banana cleanse, basically eating bananas to my content for 1 week and only just bananas.
But also going full raw vegan is what really helped to be honest, I totally go by it, raw vegan is the way to go, after 20-25 years of poly drug abuse, it was probably most essential that I give the body 100x more love and pack it with nutrients that my body was lacking, So some advice for anyone else wanting to detox from drugs, go raw vegan! or if not raw vegan then at least vegan! Alkalise the body and it will love you for it!! I now only like edible weed and that is it :) a big difference from when I first started posting on this site years ago haha if not I was pro drugs back then.. But yeah I feel like a million bucks, my skin shines, im much more clear headed these days and everyone that knows me can see it. Im also into mountain biking and do alot of that in the weekends and I now for once take pride on looking after myself. Just the other day I was shocked to see veins show up on my arms and other places cos seriously I had to get off methadone cos I was abusing it just as much, here in NZ we get 10mgs biodone per 1ml, and Id have x3 takeaways a week (was considered stable, but that was cos I was shooting up done and I knew when to stop taking meth cos of appointment card hence clean urine)
So id always get a 5ml or a 10ml barrel from the exchange then add x2 50mg of nausicalm (cyclizine hydrochloride/marzine) with x2 25mg of phenergan to the done mix to get the best rush and nod the fuck out for a day. so yeah so glad to get off the methadone+subs+crystal I think im the only one in my district to get off methadone that the clinic got me to go with them to a ministry of health meeting.. Blah blah just do it! Save money too ;)

Last edited:
my DOC is Mephedrone (4-MMC) it would take not having a reliable source for me to stop as it's the perfect drug (for me). Highly sexual, music appreciation, very social and little to no comedown.

Like a mix of cocaine and MDMA.

@person, you should be very proud of yourself, thats a fantastic effort. My thoughts go out to you losing a friend in such a tragic way<3

my DOC is Mephedrone (4-MMC) it would take not having a reliable source for me to stop as it's the perfect drug (for me). Highly sexual, music appreciation, very social and little to no comedown.

Like a mix of cocaine and MDMA.

I've only tried mephedrone once (that I know of) and I found the come down absolutely BRUTAL. Not worth the high at all.