• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids What should opiates feel like?

Yes, tolerance to oxycodone builds quite rapidly, especially if you're using it for euphoric/recreational effects.
I've been using enough to nod (30-40mg) every night for the past week, and the week before that probably 4 out of 7 of the days. Do you think I'd have withdrawals if I suddenly stopped? I probably have 2-3 more highs before my stash runs out entirely, and it'd suck really badly if I had to go through withdrawals because of that, as I hear they aren't pleasant. Before these past couple weeks I've never used opioids at all, so I'm not very knowledgeable about them.

Opiates make me feel all warm and melty physically and euphoric mentally. My imagination becomes more vivid and I get a manic energy until the peak wears off, then I feel sedated. Sometimes there's itching or a bit of nausea/dizziness. For the duration of the high, my depression/social anxiety/Asperger's melts away completely.

Plenty of people HATE opiates though. My sister and mom both get violently ill from the smallest dose, and my gf just doesn't like how loopy they make her feel.

Opiates make me feel all warm and melty physically and euphoric mentally. My imagination becomes more vivid and I get a manic energy until the peak wears off, then I feel sedated. Sometimes there's itching or a bit of nausea/dizziness. For the duration of the high, my depression/social anxiety/Asperger's melts away completely.

Plenty of people HATE opiates though. My sister and mom both get violently ill from the smallest dose, and my gf just doesn't like how loopy they make her feel.
I'd say my favorite part is the vivid imagination and lucid dreaming. That shit is intense, almost like it allows me to live another life as whatever and wherever I want. I also like the relaxation, heaviness, and warmth though...so I guess I just like opioids on general. Which is kind of unfortunate because all my friends continually tell me how bad they are for me. Usually without evidence though, but deep down I know it's true.

I've been using enough to nod (30-40mg) every night for the past week, and the week before that probably 4 out of 7 of the days. Do you think I'd have withdrawals if I suddenly stopped? I probably have 2-3 more highs before my stash runs out entirely, and it'd suck really badly if I had to go through withdrawals because of that, as I hear they aren't pleasant. Before these past couple weeks I've never used opioids at all, so I'm not very knowledgeable about them.

This post is really for anyone that comes across this thread in the future for information rather than current posters, but the answer is yes...I stopped using temporarily because I've been busy and my stash is almost out, and I think I'm going through withdrawals. :( I think so at least, it's pretty minor (I'm assuming because I haven't used long), but I don't really feel like doing anything, I'm cold even when in a hot room, and kind of nauseous (very minor, I can ignore). I could just be kind of sick, who knows. Moral of the story, if you use for extended periods of time expect withdrawals I guess.

Jealous here haha, for some reason I seem to be one of the few that has a natural tolerance to Opiates. 45mg oxy wouldn't faze me at all, no amount of oxy, codeine, dihydrocodeine etc...provides me with zero euphoria or high, I do get the pain relief I need though, which is what Opiates are intended for ?

People don't realize there is a very fine line between getting nice and high and over dosing. If you quit now after a few weeks of use if you have any wds they should be minor. You should stop searching for whatever it is you think you will find because pretty soon you will come face to face with a demon that will possess you. Anyone that's been addicted to opiates will tell you the beginning is awesome but the returns quickly diminish and you will become a cancer to yourself and everyone around you.FACT!

People don't realize there is a very fine line between getting nice and high and over dosing. If you quit now after a few weeks of use if you have any wds they should be minor. You should stop searching for whatever it is you think you will find because pretty soon you will come face to face with a demon that will possess you. Anyone that's been addicted to opiates will tell you the beginning is awesome but the returns quickly diminish and you will become a cancer to yourself and everyone around you.FACT!
Yeah, the line truely is small. The symptoms are pretty minor so I'm not sure if it can even be called what the hell I hear long-term use withdrawals are like. Like I said though, I only posted it for the knowledge to be put there.