• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids What should opiates feel like?

The sensation of melting and relaxation and warmth are totally normal, feeling nothing but that however isn't. Like the others said, you should have a whole body sensation of euphoria, which I'm not sure how to describe, except good, real real good.

However, my mom was prescribed oxy recently and had a very different reaction, no real euphoria, and weirdly some closed eye visuals. Seems like some people just react differently. I was super surprised given she's my mother and so could easily have similar reactions to me. But nope, she's also apparently a poor metabolizer of codeine, which I'm not. Go figure.

Hey OP, real quick, what makes you bring up heroin? I haven't ever tried it personally, but I've been on opiates for going on 3 years now...I really don't think you'll find the desired effect from heroin if you're not getting the euphoria from the oxy/hydro you have. You would most likely only jump further down the slipery slope of addiction and use. Opiates are great for masking depression and little euphoria, but I've never found them crazy euphoric like some people describe. I do suggest the shrooms though. Even some dmt if you're up for a extraction or have a connect. Hell even mescaline is great and easy to procure.

Can I ask how old you are? Good luck buddy
I brought it up because I've heard the feeling is amazing, and that's what I'm looking for. I'm looking for DMT and mescaline right now, but it's hard to find. Also don't know how to produce either of them. Looking for shrooms too. I'm 18, by the way.

Yeah the heroin these days is just too risky, even for veteran addicts. Morphine feels nearly identical (except for the histamine reaction) to me (I was an iv user so YMMV).

You also may be taking too high a dose. I usually felt the most euphoric on a functional, non nodding dose. I did like to get the nods sometimes, but I felt best when I was still able to feel how good they felt.

Ever heard the expression "the well is dry, you might as well quit digging?". It means if something isn't working for you then don't keep trying it. Your well may be dry. You may be one of the small segment of the population that doesn't find opiates pleasurable. Stop before you develop a dependence on something that doesn't give you pleasure.

I started out taking a lower dose and worked my way up, so I know that isn't it. I keep using because it isn't like I get nothing from it; as I do enjoy nodding and having the time go by like it does. I doubt I'll develop a dependence, especially since I only have a few hundred milligrams left.

It's definetly a body chemistry thing because if I shoot heroin I get a very speedy high, can't stop talking,(drive people nuts) easily agitated , and no nods. I'm the same way on high doses of oxycodone but if you give me morphine(which many people swear is the same buzz as smack I guess just not to me) I get a body high and will scratch my skin away and nod(don't enjoy it).
I equate heroin and oxy to me the same as a person on meth(no psychotic breaks just the speeding) because if I have the drug in my pocket I will stay up for days because I can't sleep knowing I have more dope left.
So we all experience differently to some degree and if you aren't getting much from it why would you continue?I think it's a blessing!

I keep trying make a post but it says I need a thread prefix I'm new here don't know what I'm missing just need ask question about oxy

I had the same problem. You need the desktop-version of the page to make a thread, since I couldn't get the prefix to work on the mobile version that fixed it.

So apparently my iPhone is being a duck and won't let me select a prefix so I'll just ask it here. So yesterday I took 10 mg oxycodone and 7.5mg of hydrocodone and I felt pretty good sometimes I felt sober and sometimes I felt it I goct a nice nod for about 15 mins I need some advice on this 60 mg oxycotin before I call it quits on opiates. It's an enteric coated op only route that's an option is oral should I cut it in two or 4s or chew it

You need to get rid of the time release if it's oxyconton and not pure Oxycodone (Google it). Id chew and take 4 if I were you, 2 probably wouldn't do much for you. It's weird how, after I started chewing the pills, I've grown to tolerate and be fine with the flavor so I don't have to down cups of water afterwards to get rid of the taste.

Imagine waking up on a white-sand beach after you've won a $250 million lottery jackpot with the sun showering you in warmth and a beautiful girl giving you a sensual massage... that's how opiates feel to me. Unfortunately the withdrawal is the polar opposite where you wake up in the north pole during a blizzard after you've lost every last penny with the snow & wind whipping against your body while a fat chick is screaming at you about how you suck at life.

Opiates make you feel like you're submerged in a hot tub no matter what the actual temperature is at that moment. It is a natural feeling of bliss & euphoria that is much more natural compared to the forced euphoria of stimulants. You will feel like all is right with the world and nothing can bother you. They are the ultimate cure for boredom and monotonous labor that many of us face on a daily basis.

^^I could totally picture the withdrawal part...except the fat chick is robin williams' cousin rugging his hairy chest on your back while he whispers in your ear about furries.

I think I've made up my mind...I'm going to try and get my hands on some heroin soon. I'm in the Midwest, so powder heroin is very popular here. I plan on snorting it, because I'm pretty fearful of overdose and I hear you're less likely to OD snorting it. How do I know how much to take or how strong it is, or is it typically similar quality? I have a scale that weighs up to tenths of a gram, but it's probably +/- 0.03g. Is that enough to make a *fatal* difference?

Also, if I can only get tar is there a way to snort that?

From a professional stand point, Assuming you are using it for pain management, opiates will take off the intensity of the pain and make it easier to bear. To some people it feels a little like being drunk but without the loss of coordination. Some people feel lethargic, and emotionally numb while others can function normally and may even find it to be a mild stimulant (by this point they are likely addicted). Modern pharmaceutical opiates are very powerful... but be careful the more effective they are in treating the pain, the easier it is to become addicted to them because of their potency. Only take as prescribed and communicate with your physician regularly to ensure you are taking a medically responsible dosage. As for recreationally, It's very euphoric when you take it. Well, depending on the strength, really. If you take a Percocet 10, you'll feel the effects after only one pill. But a first time user of Perc's might want to take an anti-emetic (anti-nausea) medicine with it. When you start to itch, you know you're about to be in heaven. Anything could happen in front of you and you won't give a flip about it. The best thing to do when a Perc high begins is to sit or lay on my bed, watching TV. Also, playing a video game makes you feel great because you feel like you can beat the game with ease. Be careful if you choose to walk around somewhere. If you're a first time user of Percocet, then you will feel dizzy and may feel a little nauseated. But after about an hour, you feel just the high. The best part about being a first time user is that the high lasts longer. A first time user will have a high that will last up to 3 1/2 hours. One that has used before will have a high of only about 30 minutes to an hour. Alternate drugs. If you stop feeling the same high off of Percocet, change it up and start taking Vicoden or Lorcet 10's. They're different medications. Perc's are Codeine and Lorcet's are Hydrocodone. Be careful tho.

Some of the information in your post is a little faulty logical inquiry. I would read the rest of the thread before posting. There are a lot of good points in it. Also, some funny stuff.

to stryker: Start of with a very small amount. to see if you are allergic. sniff it and see how you feel. Only take match head size bumps and space them out well. You can always take more, but never less. I guess the days of just sniffing a whole bag are over due to the prevalence of fentanyl in quite a bit of heroin these days.

Water lines are common. It is how you sniff suboxone strips (not recommended, but I have seen people do this)

Logical Inquiry I was following you until the end , percocets are oxycodone(big diff from codeine) and if anything you would be switching down if you go to hydrocodone.
Oh and one more thing as long as I was using a recreational dose(10mg wouldn't do shit) the high would be longer then 30-60min!

Last edited:
Also, to Logical Inquiry, it seems like you didn't read the thread and stopped at the title. The original question related to my lack of euphoria when using; I wasn't really asking for an all-out list of effects. It almost seems like you copy and pasted your post. Of course I'm not using it for pain management, we're talking about heroin right now...as was stated/implied in my first post, I've used both hydro and Oxy several times so the information about what to do on someone's first time was irrelevant. The entire post seems a little late and...off...

to stryker: Start of with a very small amount. to see if you are allergic. sniff it and see how you feel. Only take match head size bumps and space them out well. You can always take more, but never less. I guess the days of just sniffing a whole bag are over due to the prevalence of fentanyl in quite a bit of heroin these days.

Water lines are common. It is how you sniff suboxone strips (not recommended, but I have seen people do this)
If I have tar heroin, does the match-size rule still apply?

Sounds good. Must be weird snorting a liquid, though. Is there any way to tell strength or a specific weight amount that I should snort the first time?
Not with heroin just start small!!Dealer will tell you it's all fire even if it's bullshit but then one time you get fire and think it's bullshit it could be your last mistake.Always sample and start small,I've never used tar only china so can't help you there!

Hey I know I can't talk anybody out of anything and I know you didn't post this for harm reduction but I'm sorry(bad habit) I must warn you of the road you are seeking. Heroin (no bullshitting) feels incredible but as good as it feels the pain comes back to you eventually exponentially worse. The best thing in my opinion that can happen from doing smack is that you won't like it and will never try it again!
Again I'm sorry but I've seen and lived the pain from dope dependence!.Be careful what you wish for!

So apparently my iPhone is being a duck and won't let me select a prefix so I'll just ask it here. So yesterday I took 10 mg oxycodone and 7.5mg of hydrocodone and I felt pretty good sometimes I felt sober and sometimes I felt it I goct a nice nod for about 15 mins I need some advice on this 60 mg oxycotin before I call it quits on opiates. It's an enteric coated op only route that's an option is oral should I cut it in two or 4s or chew it

What is your experience level with opioids? Chewing the reformulated Oxycontin very well may defeat the time release mechanism and give you a hefty dose of IR oxy. The FDA investigated the abuse deterrent capability of Oxycontin and found the "vigorous chewing" is a way of getting around the tamper proof system. Unfortunately, the document has exactly how long and how vigorous you need to chew blacked out so I cannot be sure exactly how to do i, but I find really hard chewing for around 10-15 minutes makes a noticeable difference.

And fyi, it isnt enteric coated. Enteric coating means a dosage form is formulated to stand up to the acidity of the stomach. They did it his with aspirin in hopes of avoiding GI side effects like ulcers but it was a fools errand. But some me drugs utilize EC to make sure the drug bypasses the stomach so the drug can be delivered locally in the intestine (drugs for ulcerative colitis and Crohn's). Oxycontin is an extended release formulation meaning it prevents peaks and troughs of dosing with IR oxycodone giving relatively consistent and longer blood levels.

Hey I know I can't talk anybody out of anything and I know you didn't post this for harm reduction but I'm sorry(bad habit) I must warn you of the road you are seeking. Heroin (no bullshitting) feels incredible but as good as it feels the pain comes back to you eventually exponentially worse. The best thing in my opinion that can happen from doing smack is that you won't like it and will never try it again!
Again I'm sorry but I've seen and lived the pain from dope dependence!.Be careful what you wish for!
It's okay man, and I really do appreciate you trying to help. I'm sorry, I can't explain in words why I feel the need to do this, but I do. I know a couple people who have overdosed on heroin, I've heard the stories, but I still want to do it. From what I hear it's very similar to Oxy, and since so far no opiates have given me the amazing feeling everyone says they give maybe you're right and I'll just not like it and stop. I do like opiates for the relaxing/nodding, though. It's almost selfish for me to do it, but I truely can't explain what compels me to do so. Also, Oxy is pretty expensive in comparison.