• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids What should opiates feel like?

shadowstryker

Bluelighter
So, I'll start off with saying that I is very new to opiates. I has always assumed that he has a dopamine deficiency or something just because i always at an emotional flat line and fakes a lot of emotions to seem normal (kind of like Dexter, but to a much much lesser extent). I thinks it's a dopamine deficiency or something biological because it affects how drugs affect I as well. For example, I thought process/judgement aren't impaired at all when drinking, and weed doesn't make me super happy (I will try xtc soon to see if that works, though). So, with this little background knowledge, on to the question...

What should opiates feel like? I started using them recently after acquiring 200mg of pure Oxycodone and 200mg of hydrocodone in Vics, and has used four or five times before. Now, I think something is up right away because it takes 30mg of Oxy to start really feeling it (no nausea at all though, yay). From what I heard that would normally make a new user puke. With 30mg of Oxy, and also with 45mg of hydrocodone, My body feels warm and very relaxed. Almost like I could just melt into his seat. However, even if I starts nodding, there is never any euphoria or change in mental-state at all. Just super-relaxation and some really vivid/lucid dreams. Is it normal not to feel euphoria or a change in mental-state while on opiates?

Last edited:
Welcome to bluelight. It's not considered proper to use "SWIM" here, because it doesn't avoid self-incrimination at all. Anyway, it's not normal to feel no euphoria from opiates. It should feel warm, but also there should be a full body euphoria. Opiates have a very specific feeling. Having very low tolerance, I can feel some noticeable and decent euphoria from a 5mg perc.

U should be chillin on 30mg. Opiates feel just like u describe when u took the 30mg oc and 45mg hydro. Seems like they're working fine for u but u just need a bit more than most people. IMHO opiates are a bit overrated when it comes to euphoria, it's nowhere near as euphoric as say MDMA. Opiates just kinda relax me, when I catch a nod it's not the euphoria that's creating that IMO, it feels good but It isn't like permanent orgasim or anything like that lol. Try the MDMA, make sure it's not garbage MDMA and if that doesn't give u the euphoria ur looking for then u might have a "problem"...

That is quite unusual, OP. Are you on any antipsychotic meds? Not trying to pry or offend you but their mechanism of action is to block dopamine. If not then you may have a naturally high tolerance. It isn't unheard of.

That being said, be very careful about dosing. It can be tempting to redose trying to chase a high but remember you will still get the other effects from opiates (respiratory depression, slowed heart rate, etc) which can kill you.

By the way, welcome to Bluelight :)

Nope, I'm on no other medication at all. That being said, I've yet to experience any come down or depression after taking opiates (5th day in a row I've taken since starting). How long does it take before addiction kicks in? Should I take breaks? Also, how much do you think it'd take for the affects to be lethal? Obviously I don't want to die, but since I seem to have a tolerance for the high already I can't really judge how much is too much. (140lb male).

As for SWIM, I never believed in that because I had my doubts it'd protect from any self-incrimination anyway, but I used it out of respect for the forum since I thought everyone else used it here. I'm going to be trying MDMA soon hopefully, but right when I was about to pick some up the guy I was getting it from ended up dying, so yeah...if MDMA doesn't work I honestly have no idea what I'll do after that. The entire reason I ended up getting into drugs in the beginning was to feel something good/happy. For now though I've been nodding/having some great lucid dreams. I'm surprised I got up to post this haha.

U should be chillin on 30mg. Opiates feel just like u describe when u took the 30mg oc and 45mg hydro. Seems like they're working fine for u but u just need a bit more than most people. IMHO opiates are a bit overrated when it comes to euphoria, it's nowhere near as euphoric as say MDMA. Opiates just kinda relax me, when I catch a nod it's not the euphoria that's creating that IMO, it feels good but It isn't like permanent orgasim or anything like that lol. Try the MDMA, make sure it's not garbage MDMA and if that doesn't give u the euphoria ur looking for then u might have a "problem"...

That's how I get them too. I have to use opiates for pain relief but never have gotten Euphoric on them, unlike say Liberty Caps, (not had MDMA so Liberty Caps is as good as it gets for me).

People have different tolerance levels. Two or three pints and I'm anyones yet a belly full of opioids or cannabis and it barely fazes me.

Has anyone tried the RC opioids? Would be interesting to see how they stack up against the more traditional ones.

Some people metabolise some drugs incredibly efficiently, some people metabolise some drugs incredibly inefficiently.

There's just way too many chemical processes and biological factors in play from the point of ingestion to the point of peak effect to even start to explain what's truly going on.

You don't have superpowers or anything if that's what you're thinking. But hey look on the bright side, you have to spend twice as much on drugs as your friends to achieve the same results as they do.

Possibly TMI, but due to the whole (just a theory, idk what's really wrong with me) dopamine deficiency thing, I don't feel anything when I "orgasm", so I wouldn't even know what to expect if that's what it was like. :(

Do you feel content while using them as compared to when not? Euphoria is a tricky thing to define.

Do you feel content while using them as compared to when not? Euphoria is a tricky thing to define.
Not really. Sometimes I've even had rather depressive thoughts while peaking, such as wondering why I do so many drugs or where my life is going...stuff like that. I don't get too far into it before I start lucid dreaming/nodding, but it still happens.

Possibly TMI, but due to the whole (just a theory, idk what's really wrong with me) dopamine deficiency thing, I don't feel anything when I "orgasm", so I wouldn't even know what to expect if that's what it was like. :(
Maybe ur not doing right? Lmfao!!! J/k but I couldn't resist.

Maybe ur not doing right? Lmfao!!! J/k but I couldn't resist.

No worries, I've heard it before. Several sexual partners would say otherwise, but idk. I don't know what the fuck is wrong with me, but it's put me in a pretty depressive state at times. Also got me into a life of drugs chasing a feeling. I don't regret it though.

Not really. Sometimes I've even had rather depressive thoughts while peaking, such as wondering why I do so many drugs or where my life is going...stuff like that. I don't get too far into it before I start lucid dreaming/nodding, but it still happens.

Have you tried magic mushrooms? I find the euphoria with the liberty caps amazing, (would be prone to low mood - but not depression thankfully), never tried MDMA but the euphoria with it is meant to be great.

Have you ever had a decent time away from substances? Might help. I'm a big fan of mindfulness for dealing with mood problems too, (hope I'm not over stepping the mark here sorry if I am).

For me opiates can be anywhere from 3/4 as euphoric as MDMA which is incredible to say the least or extremely subtle, almost unnoticeable. It all depends on what opiates you use and your body chemistry. If you don't get much or any euphoria and aren't very satisfied with opiates then stop trying, if you aren't in any pain and aren't even getting a good high why risk addiction?

Emotionally, I'm somewhat similar to you. (Though it may have something to do with my personality type as well; INTJ.) I don't really feel emotions very much, and I express them even less.
That being said, from my experiences with opiates/opioids: I often don't get much of a sense of euphoria, more just relaxation and a mood lift (my regular mood is probably what most people would consider depressed, but I'm like this almost all the time, so it doesn't bother me much). Opioids+music can be euphoric for me sometimes, though, but I often get that from music alone, so I don't know how much that is actually due to the opioids themselves.
I do find, however, that opioids can make me more aware of my emotions, like they're still somewhere there inside me anyway, I just don't sense them most of the time. This can be either good or bad, depending on how I'm feeling at the time.

Have you tried magic mushrooms? I find the euphoria with the liberty caps amazing, (would be prone to low mood - but not depression thankfully), never tried MDMA but the euphoria with it is meant to be great.

Have you ever had a decent time away from substances? Might help. I'm a big fan of mindfulness for dealing with mood problems too, (hope I'm not over stepping the mark here sorry if I am).

Never tried shrooms, however I hope to get my hands on some soon. I've never taken a break, but I've only been using drugs in general for around half a year so I wouldn't think it'd matter much.

For me opiates can be anywhere from 3/4 as euphoric as MDMA which is incredible to say the least or extremely subtle, almost unnoticeable. It all depends on what opiates you use and your body chemistry. If you don't get much or any euphoria and aren't very satisfied with opiates then stop trying, if you aren't in any pain and aren't even getting a good high why risk addiction?
Good question...I don't really know. I guess I like the relaxation and lucid dreaming portion of it? I have enough stashed for another 10-15 uses probably, so I think after I blow through all of that I'll be done with opiates unless I can find some heroin. Before you go on about how terrible it is, I've heard many times about it and know people who have died from overdosing on it. You have to understand though, I can't even fathom such a feeling, the one feeling I've been chasing this whole time, and if I have a chance to just grasp it I'll take it.

Hey OP, real quick, what makes you bring up heroin? I haven't ever tried it personally, but I've been on opiates for going on 3 years now...I really don't think you'll find the desired effect from heroin if you're not getting the euphoria from the oxy/hydro you have. You would most likely only jump further down the slipery slope of addiction and use. Opiates are great for masking depression and little euphoria, but I've never found them crazy euphoric like some people describe. I do suggest the shrooms though. Even some dmt if you're up for a extraction or have a connect. Hell even mescaline is great and easy to procure.

Can I ask how old you are? Good luck buddy

Yeah the heroin these days is just too risky, even for veteran addicts. Morphine feels nearly identical (except for the histamine reaction) to me (I was an iv user so YMMV).

Honestly, the euphoria from opiates is mostly emotional. It gives you an elevation of mood, it lifts your spirits, it numbs out emotional pain. I believe most of the euphoria for me was that it got rid of all the negative feelings I had for a short while. I had used during a chaotic childhood, and I used after my ex kidnapped my child. Both times I was on a shame and sorrow induced downward spiral and the opiates gave me relief.

You also may be taking too high a dose. I usually felt the most euphoric on a functional, non nodding dose. I did like to get the nods sometimes, but I felt best when I was still able to feel how good they felt.

Ever heard the expression "the well is dry, you might as well quit digging?". It means if something isn't working for you then don't keep trying it. Your well may be dry. You may be one of the small segment of the population that doesn't find opiates pleasurable. Stop before you develop a dependence on something that doesn't give you pleasure.