• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What Psychedelic Would You Start off With? Or what was your first?

LikuidKid said:
If you've never tried LSD before, dont go combining it with MDMA right off the bat. Imagine trying to calm yourself down and stop a bad trip when you're rolling your balls off. Yeah, not a good idea.....

Suggesting that someone should eat a "massive" amount of hash cookies (not psychedelic) and take a sleeping pill (not psychedelic) to experience psychedelia is completely retarded. How douchebag of you...

how is oral cannabis not psychedelic? I've heard of many people getting visuals and strong auditory hallucinations this way, seems pretty psychedelic to me.

LikuidKid said:
If you've never tried LSD before, dont go combining it with MDMA right off the bat. Imagine trying to calm yourself down and stop a bad trip when you're rolling your balls off. Yeah, not a good idea.....

Suggesting that someone should eat a "massive" amount of hash cookies (not psychedelic) and take a sleeping pill (not psychedelic) to experience psychedelia is completely retarded. How douchebag of you...

Hey thanks for that thinly veiled attack. Marijuana is definetly psychedelic- psychedelic means "mind-expanding" or "mind-manifesting". I know if I get stoned, its certainly not my toes that are tripping. Plus have you had stillnox? If not then maybe keep your views on it to yourself. Stillnox affects people very differently, look up some of the threads relating to it, some people go to sleep on it and some people trip. Read what I wrote properly before disagreeing or disputing- don't just go 'oh its a sleeping pill, this guys a douchebag". Actually read it, you know, process it with your brain, not your preset views.
Off the subject, I am really tired of people just lambasting and attacking others peoples opinions on this site . . . Whats the point in talking if your just gonna be shouted down? Thnking of giving up on these forums and I've only just started using them. Thanks bro

snorted 2ct7.. was my first. definitely not the smartest move, but great experiences.

My first time was LSD (half a Superman), and I absolutely loved it. That trip sparked a once-weekly tripping ritual that lasted about 4 years.

After a break of several years, I moved on to other psychedelics: dmt, ayahuasca, 2c -t7, -t21, -b, -c, -e, -i, a couple of tryptamines, k, dxm, salvia, dob, and a few assorted others.

Still plenty left to try tho..... plus all the combos :)

Whatever you decide to go for........ do it with an open mind and a comfortable environment..... and enjoy!

my first was LSD (good , but not easy to find here out of summer), then i tried ketamine (easy to get , cheap , a problem lol) then i tried dxm , i think its not so bad at all , i tried datura once ( i dunno if its a psych , but it sucks) and i forgot weed (if it counts).
fuck if i only can get any RC... :-/

my first was LSD,purple geltabs to be exact,i was young,i think i was 14,and i was drunk at a party and was offered lsd,and said ok heres 15 bucks gimme as much as i can get,and dropped it....wild night to say the least...id say if you had access to alot of things,a low dose of mescaline would be a gentle introduction to the world of psychedelics......definitely save the dmt for last lol

san pedro, my first psychedelic experience and for sure it's a good one to start with

LSD was my first and it was a positive experience. I have been with several people during their first trip in which LSD was used and it has always worked out well.

I'd say either mushrooms or LSD.

Although I also agree that the exact substance doesn't matter too much as long as the dosages are reasonable, but sticking with the classics that have a long track record of use does seem like it makes the most sense.

I started with mushrooms. You can read an account of my first trip here

I would recommend starting with 2C-B or a similar phenethylamine, because it there is so little mindfuck. I have seen WAY too many people do acid or shrooms as their first psychedelic and freak out.

^ My first experience of the psychedelic state was from eating a gram of hash oil (never to be repeated!), but if you mean a serotonogic psychedelic, it was with mushrooms (P. semilanceata). I was given a handful before going to a party by some people from university. I think on reflection that I must have had about 60-70 and it was an incredible experience.

That said though, with the variety available to psychedelic virgins these days, I'd say that 2C-B would def be the best choice if you are at all worried about tripping. Once you've got a feel of what the psychedelic state is, then you can start trying much 'stronger' ones like LSD, psilocybin, DMT etc.

i started with lsd.

in retrospect, i probably should have started with mescaline at low doses, or hbwr.

actually 5-MeO-DIPT would be pretty good for a first timer as well.

Interesting that the quite a few people say they tried ketamine and dxm as their first timer because ketamine definately would be my choice for a psychedelic to start off with. The euphoria and feeling of psychedelics are definately portrayed by ketamine.. although dxm is more bizarre.

And I agree with the above mention of low mescaline and hbwr. I would recommend those to anyone.

First psychadelic I did was mushrooms. 2 grams at first then another 2 an hour later because I didn't think they were doing anything. In retrospect it was a bad plan but it was definitly the best time I've ever had on mushrooms.

my recommendation

first 2cc, 2cd, 2ci, or mescaline
second shrooms or 2ct2 or 2ce
third shrooms or lsd (real lsd)
after that maybe dmt, 5meodmt, salvia, dpt for rapid tripping
or me I would probably go to long lasting but slow come up chems like
5meoamt, DOC, DOI, DOB, 2cp, etc

Granted many are research chems and this carries long term unknown risks. But odds are u will be fine and most all these chems will be shown to be semi safe in long term and short term like the rest. Also mdma can help for some with a small dose done a day or two before and/or smoking plenty of pot a few days before.

I personally went from pot to REAL LSD and lots of it. Very first was a tiny piece of blotter. After that I did dxm and soon lsd disappeared so i tried shrooms. Then i tried LSA in morning glories, after that 5meoamt, then 2ci, and recently my first hit of MDMA. Not all of it went well and some of the more recent 2ci, lsa, shrooms, and 5meoamt got quite ruff. Still gettin over some off it, but none of them seemed like bad chems just bad times created by underlying issues. So remember be open, positive, relaxed, accepting, but still curious and ready to learn and relearn. I loved LSD everytime but most say its to intense and shrooms etc are easier on u. Though since lsd can be weak and people differ this isnt always the case. Study up and make your best judgement call. Whatever it is you can make it work and have fun. Happy Trails

Last edited:
^ I personally would not recommend 2C-C or 2C-D or even TMA-2 or 2C-T-21 or the DiPTs to someone who never took psychedelics, since all these are very subtle and require you to know where to look in order to gain anything useful from them.

And although DXM was my first, I would not recommend someone to be introduced to this world through dissociatives. There seems to be a 50/50 chance of someone finding Ketamine useful. If one were to judge all psychedelics by one's K experience then.. good luck! ;).

i started with some morning glory seeds.......kind of a waste of time if you ask me

all those seeds
gah i used to gag just thinking about it...

but id adivse mushrooms as a first time

i wish i could find some lsd tho

I agree 2cc etc will not likely lead to any extremely profound experiences for a beginner but it is a good way to work your way up to something stronger. Jumping to lsd and such worked for me but it was a larger risk and I still might of benifited from workin my way up. So I just think it would be safer and better for workin your mind up to work with the more intense ones.

It depends what you consider psychedelic. If you count MDMA, then that was my first, if not, then it was Acid.

Got to say I prefer shrooms though, despite the nausea and all that. They just seem more childlike and fun, which I enjoy.

Would like to try some more though, but it's getting them round here. Hell, in my town, people have either not heard of acid, or consider it to be evil, for the most part.