• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What Psychedelic Would You Start off With? Or what was your first?

My first full psychedelic (cannabis isn't what I'd call a fully fledged psychedelic) was LSD, but I'd say that psilocybin is most probably a better bet. It's less likely to push you places you're not ready for, and if things do take a turn for the worst, psilocybin is shorter acting and less pushy than LSD (keep the dosages sensible though; eating 7g of dried fungi 1st time isn't big or clever - just plain scary).

Given a choice of ANY psychedelic for a 1st go, I'd say mescaline, as the come up isn't too much of a sudden wrench from reality, but it's so hard to get down (hours with vile cactus gunk) that people might give up if they didn't know what was coming

My first psychedelic experience was a reasonable dose of shrooms (can't remember how much exactly), before moving on to 2-CB a bit later on, before getting stuck into acid at the beginning of last year.

As for the best psychedelic to start off on, i'm inclined to think that a relatively benign dose of psilocybin, since it seems to be a more "comfortable" and bearable trip than acid

My first time taking a psychedelic was with LSD too! Orange Sunshine 1971" in fact! Thou my young mind (15) barley could handle it! It was very visual and lasted a good 15+hours! Lucky i was in my comfort zone, and luckily i was a happy kid too.

As i look back to this time in my life i certainly see now, if i took said LSD in in the wrong environment (set and setting) I could have not of made it throu the LSD experience.

There really is nothing that can prepare you (a young mind) for your first full blown experience! Your ether going to handle it or your not;

Set and setting is the key factor! Set and setting can be best described like this>
It is a place where you feel the most safest and the most comfortable at i.e. Your bedroom Your home etc... Surounding your self with the most posivtive music or videos. NOT a scary movie NOT Death metal not at a party!

Ether your going to take a full dose of LSD, Shrooms, Mescaline, an RC what ever you may chose! I suggest if YOU are unsure of your self mentally; start off with a low dose i.e. 1/2 hit of LSD etc... your first time! Then work your way up, via up'n the dose a month later < yes you should wait!

Otherwise if you meet these criteria jump into the deep end of the psychedelic soup bolw with confidence love and joy.
Namaste

Last edited:
LSD, and loved it emensly.

I smoked weed 2x before but never got stoned until after I did acid and WOA! =D

shit, k and dxm are so psychedelic, i cant believe that perception still exists. i call them the atypical psychedelics.

dxm, is good, safe place to start. no legal hassles with dxm. no paranoia. i can always maintain on dxm. even on three bottles. somehow everyone knows where im coming from, just like koincidence or something. and the music enhancement is glorious. its beyond words. and definitly "tripping".

i dont do it offen anymore. maybe every month or two. i stick to one bottle now too. gotta love those gelcaps.

oh, and you so know LSD was the first for me too.

^^^ Combining two drugs you've never tried before, especially if they are from a whole class that you never experienced before, doesn't sound like a good idea. At best, you won't be able to tell which drug did what to you...

Nope, I've had mdma many times. So, I figure I'd have I'm very comfortable with and a new experience along with it.

Mushrooms. a healthy dose to one who is unprepared is definitely an amazing experience. I then fell in love with LSD for the similar and sometimes more powerful psychological effects without some of the physical ones. still, i think to someone who is unfamilar with psychedelics that mushrooms give the best understanding of a mindfuck and total shift of worldview, which one can apply to further drug experiences if you wish.

I plan on doing a 1/16 of mushrooms for the first time in a week or so and was wondering if I would more likely have a bad trip if I were to do them by myself. The thing is I don't know anyone who would want to do them so I'm pretty much stuck with doing them myself. The only other psychadelic I have done is 40x Salvia extract a few times (first time I freaked out a little, the other times I knew what to expect so it wasn't bad). I have also gotten to the 3rd plateau from DXM, but thats more of a dissociative than psychadelic.

some people say low doses are more prone to bad trips since your just slightly tripping and itching to trip more. But it really depends per person. Dissociatives are way different then psychedelics.....

Eat a massive amount of hash cookies/cakes. This will ahve a pretty decent psychedelic effect much more so, and different in nature to simply smoking it. But if you've done Ecsatsy, which I consider a psychedlic, your already there. Another fun drug and very trippy yet peaceful (and do not mock me for this) is Stillnox or Ambiem (Zolpidem Tartrate) Yeah its a sleeping pill, but if you have about thre (30mg) and can manage to stay awake for at least an hour you'll experience some truly bizarre almost out-of-body feelings. Then you'll pass out! Just be careful if you do this, Stillnox is classed as a hypnotic, and can cause you to do some odd things ie-eating a whole packet of them, yet not remembering them or being convinced I was having a huge party at my house- at 2.00 am on a tuesday night in what had previously seemed to be a completely deserted place.
My drugs were-
Marijuana
MDMA/MDA
LSD
Mescalin
Ketamine
Stillnox(?)
Mushrooms
2C-I
Beyond this Idon't think I'll venture tho am keen to try DMT.

Whatever you take, if its a 'true' psychedelic like LSD be prepeared for an intense and emotional 8 hours. Enjoy youself my friend . . . just don't LOSE yourslef!
:)

LSD + XTC combo's I've never done, tho my girlfriend has. She took a smallish dose of each and said she felt confused as if she didn't know which path her mind was pulling her down. I can only imagine the feeling would be disorienting cos I refuse touch XTC in Australia. My two cents . . .

I started with LSd, then shrooms, the every 2c I could get my hands on, 5-meo-amt, then most recently DMT, orally via ayahuasca. I would highly recommend starting with LSD or shrooms. Do date, those two are still my favorite hallucinogens. If you are interesded in MDA and MDMA I would recommend those as well, although I don't normally classify them as hallucinogens. Salvia is cool too although some people say it is too intense.

I started off with 2C-I at 10mg. A good friend of mine offered it to me saying it is a mild psychdelic. I've done low dose DXM (120mg) before that, but I wouldn't consider that much of a trip.

supergeorge said:
Hey, what do you all think about the MDMA + LSD combo?

If you've never tried LSD before, dont go combining it with MDMA right off the bat. Imagine trying to calm yourself down and stop a bad trip when you're rolling your balls off. Yeah, not a good idea.....

Norules
Eat a massive amount of hash cookies/cakes. This will ahve a pretty decent psychedelic effect much more so, and different in nature to simply smoking it.

Suggesting that someone should eat a "massive" amount of hash cookies (not psychedelic) and take a sleeping pill (not psychedelic) to experience psychedelia is completely retarded. How douchebag of you...

hmmm first was mushrooms, then MDMA then LSD. i really wish i could get my hands on some dmt or some research chemicals, but im not too sure if itll happen in my area, prolly someday though.

I started with Salvia had an amazing time
did MDMA before that but despite what people say i dont really consider it a physcadelic