What made you smile today? ver. Put on a happy face

This picture:

JUST-WATERING-THE-OWL.jpg

for sure!

In fact, I'm actually thinking about really getting into this whole yoga thing. Like, taking classes on a regular basis (3-5 times per week) and studying up on related material. I really need a healthy hobby and dare I say it, I could even make it my "program" of sorts to stay clean.

Especially considering how I'm really not feeling the AA/NA thing...I was into that a year ago and stopped going after a few months, then tried to get back into it after this last relapse but meh....I just can't get into it.

Anyway, that's probably best saved for another thread ;) yoga ftw!

lol, oh man...here I am almost two years later and I've taken maybe 4 or 5 yoga classes since then.

The worst part is, I work at a yoga studio part time while in school...I get to take classes for free and I still never go

**hangs head in shame**

I'm dating my boss' daughter though and that's definitely smile worthy ;) hehe

In other news, I just completed my FAFSA (government program for student financial aid) on time for the first time ever, lol. I suppose that's smile-worthy...until I start to think about how much fucking money I owe the government and private lenders come this time next year...FML. Now I'm frowning :(

Last edited:
^that reminds me that i need to do my fasfa again.

my kitty rolling on her back begging for belly rubs made me smile. :) :)

Talking with a beautiful and happy girl on my lunch break. It set the pace for the rest of the day. :)

Natural highs have been a difficult thing for me to find recently.
But a nice long hot shower did me the trick today. :)

the only that that made me smile just a bit was when the clock hit 5pm and I was able to leave work.

A few things:

- Getting up into handstand with relative ease, and hanging out there for a while.
- Seeing some kids hanging out at a food court, one of them dressed as a gypsy and just dancing to the horrible mall music. They were almost certainly tweaking (not too badly from the looks of it), but it reminded me of more innocent (and fun) times in my life.
- Seriously discussing yogic philosophy, and having a fellow student manage to tie the conversation seamlessly into a bondage joke. Cracked me up!

My schools class registration FINALLY working.... yay to all online classes for the summer!

Having the day off with my husband <3

I woke up today and texted my gf and that is what made me smile so far. more to come though hopefully :)

my dad just sent me his first text ever

"Hope ur feeling better3d" (i've had a nasty cold for the last week)

i know it took him probably at least 20 minutes to type that up on his phone. it totally made my day and i'm still smiling about it! :) :) <3

Getting a very kind message from someone I hadn't talked to in forever that contained two lovely compliments. I reciprocated. :) I should make the effort to do that myself more often.

^ Welcome! 'Shrimpys'! :D

my dad just sent me his first text ever

"Hope ur feeling better3d" (i've had a nasty cold for the last week)

i know it took him probably at least 20 minutes to type that up on his phone. it totally made my day and i'm still smiling about it! :) :) <3

lol Awww...That is incredibly cute! :)

Waking up to Birdsong and a pretty nice day.

Walking through a Housing Estate today and an Ice Cream truck passed...it seemed like every House that had a Dog in it, gave rise to them running out to their respective front gates, Howling intently at it, in unison, for a good few minutes duration. :)

Last edited:
Looking forward to going camping and getting into nature this weekend with my beautiful boy and good friends :)