What made you quit opiates for good?

Thanks for being here and willing to take your time to help!! As we all must feel it sucks to be addicted to a substance that really fucks with you mentally and physically when you want to stop???
But I Knew better!! So the Bad is on me. Just so easy to slide /Fall down the rabit hole of addiction

Thanks for being here and willing to take your time to help!! As we all must feel it sucks to be addicted to a substance that really fucks with you mentally and physically when you want to stop???
But I Knew better!! So the Bad is on me. Just so easy to slide /Fall down the rabit hole of addiction
Dont blame on yourself man, at the time we didnt know these shit drugs were so powerfully addictive. They make you bend on ur knees and pray for it to stop but well when youre done with opiates, they make you a stronger person cuz imo its like dying and being born again. We can make this man, tons of ppl have been in our places and have end up victorious. We just need some patience and lots of will power. Things will get better eventually.... i send ya a hug my friend ? Nick

After succesfully killing myself in the process of a two week heroin withdrawl. In one word "Loperamide". Many thanks to whoever told me on the site.

After succesfully killing myself in the process of a two week heroin withdrawl. In one word "Loperamide". Many thanks to whoever told me on the site.

Lope does help a great deal but only in the same way Kratom does.. If enough lope is taken and especially when combined with PGP inhibitors then it's just another opioid agonist..

Pregabalin/gabapentin help a lot but more so if you don't have a pre-existing tolerance to them.. Same with benzos.

It's really just a matter of roughing it out and staying as comfortable as possible until its over... Easier said than done though, i know

Gabapentin is a wonder drug for kicking, the real battle comes keeping off it.
Sadly I've always failed to stay away, I just like heroin way too much.
same here, it's like i was born with a deficient endorphin system. uu

toss in some gabapentin/pregabalin and it would have been the smoothest kick u'd have been through. I think without the loperamide you wouldn't have done it, When i didn't know about comfort meds, By the 50 hr mark without opiates it was fucking unbearable, i was climbing up on the walls SWEATING WITH NAUSEA, I COULD SMELL THE SHIT COMING OUT THROUGH MY PORES. IT WAS GOD AWFUL. With loperamide at least you don't sweat at all, you just have the chills and it reduces the RLS aswell :)

Lope does help a great deal but only in the same way Kratom does.. If enough lope is taken and especially when combined with PGP inhibitors then it's just another opioid agonist..

Pregabalin/gabapentin help a lot but more so if you don't have a pre-existing tolerance to them.. Same with benzos.

It's really just a matter of roughing it out and staying as comfortable as possible until its over... Easier said than done though, i know
It's not the same as Kratom, similar maybe but same Nono. Kratom gets you high, Loperamide does not, wel it does sorta. It's a dirty kinda high, you feel tired as hell, your tummy aches if u take too many pills and u can't take a shit for like 3 days at least. Lope doesn't cross the Blood Brain Barrier so you're kicking, with kratom is like reducing your dose.

It's not the same as Kratom, similar maybe but same Nono. Kratom gets you high, Loperamide does not, wel it does sorta. It's a dirty kinda high, you feel tired as hell, your tummy aches if u take too many pills and u can't take a shit for like 3 days at least. Lope doesn't cross the Blood Brain Barrier so you're kicking, with kratom is like reducing your dose.

Well it is the same in the context I was meaning in that it helps withdrawal by acting as an opioid agonist...

It DOES cross the blood brain barrier fairly readily in fact, but is pumped straight back out again by P-Glycoprotein. It is made to stay the brain side of the BBB by inhibiting PGP using inhibitors such as grapefruit juice and /or cimetadine or simply overwhelming PGP by using huge doses...

This is pretty much accepted and well know and has been for a long time..

The point is that things that ease withdrawal simply by working as opioid agonists can't really be considered comfort meds any more than taking a shot of heroin while in withdrawal can....

toss in some gabapentin/pregabalin and it would have been the smoothest kick u'd have been through. I think without the loperamide you wouldn't have done it, When i didn't know about comfort meds, By the 50 hr mark without opiates it was fucking unbearable, i was climbing up on the walls SWEATING WITH NAUSEA, I COULD SMELL THE SHIT COMING OUT THROUGH MY PORES. IT WAS GOD AWFUL. With loperamide at least you don't sweat at all, you just have the chills and it reduces the RLS aswell :)

actually after using 100 gr of heroin consequently this method made me feel sober in less than 30 minutes, no problems at all. 10 2mg pills of loperamide after two weeks of wd.

YET why do we keep playing? uu like many psychiatrists have said, we are CRAZYYYYYYYY. shame on us sob sob. haha

I can only speak for myself as each person is different.

I just like the stuff a lot, out of everything I've tried which is a lot (all the usual street drugs apart from meth & a whole selection of RC's) heroin is one of the best things I've ever paid for. Well heroin & MDPV if I had to call my top loves, it is hard to call between them but as this is a heroin thread just forget about the mdpv for a moment.

Well i am on Day 2 of this fun ride we call withdrawals! I must add that the most Painful catalyst for stopping was the Death of a Sponcee !! Wonderful young man 26 great family ( well a home with a lot of untreated addiction in it) but Loving and wealth. He had it all looks, money , opportunity, but got on pain meds from a Lacrosse injures in collage and that was it!! Detox, Rehabs, even worked in a rehab, but Fent/dope needle in his arm in parents bathroom getting ready for dinner!!! I have a 22 year old son :oops::rolleyes::oops::unsure:

Well i am on Day 2 of this fun ride we call withdrawals! I must add that the most Painful catalyst for stopping was the Death of a Sponcee !! Wonderful young man 26 great family ( well a home with a lot of untreated addiction in it) but Loving and wealth. He had it all looks, money , opportunity, but got on pain meds from a Lacrosse injures in collage and that was it!! Detox, Rehabs, even worked in a rehab, but Fent/dope needle in his arm in parents bathroom getting ready for dinner!!! I have a 22 year old son :oops::rolleyes::oops::unsure:
dam that's sad to hear man, i'm struggling with wds aswell. i'm 30 hrs into wds, doing well with tons of gaba and lope, will keep updating as i go through the worst first. we can do this man :) NZN

Thanks !!! We got this !! I really talk to jay everyday , I tell him how much it sucks that he had to die !! But thank him everyday for helping me stay clean ! But fuck dude , why did you have to die

I was addicted to opiates for 10 years, and it had gotten to the point that I wanted to die every day (coupled with an abusive/toxic marriage). Well, finally split with the ex, and I realized I was ready to get off opiates, but I couldn't seem to do it because of withdrawals and because of how ingrained into my life they were. So I took a flood dose of ibogaine and I came out of the experience without any desire to use opiates again, even though I still had slight withdrawals for a week or two. Haven't touched them since (nearing 6 years).

I got tired of the self loathing that started everyday for me. I made myself aware that this would only stop if I ceased opiate use... I came to believe that the only way I was going to be truly happy was if I was clean and set a date. To quit opiates, you can goto all the treatment and counselling and meetings you want but sobriety only starts and stops with you making the decision to stick to it no matter what.

I set a date and haven't used in close to 8 months after 10 years of near constant addiction. I just made myself do this because there is no magic bullet except making the choice.

For me, I was sick of being sick all the time, became suicidal and reckless abandon.. all that... I doubt that I would have ever gotten off opioids if I hadn't discovered that there are other ways to change how I feel besides chemical means. When I realized that things like exercise, CBT and having a solid group of friends can pull me out of my funk just as much if not far better than opioids, not to mention without all the negative side effects, that's when I really started having hope that I didn't need opioids for things like getting motivation, getting out of depression, etc.