What made you quit opiates for good?

nznity

Bluelighter
Well so I've been banging morphine for 6 years now and I'm sick of being ill all the time, how it has had an Impact in all aspects of my life. I'm at a point where I'm not able to function if I don't have morphine in my system so I wanted to ask you guys, what made you quit opiates for good? I want some opinions plzzz I'm about to attempt for the 100th time to quit morphine, I have gaba loperamide and benzos to aid the wds but I wanted to read some stories/opinions on what made you guys realize enough is enough. NZN

Idk if there was one thing in particular that made me quit for good, especially since I can't predict the future and there is always a chance I may use again. What has kept me off them(with exception of a few small relapses) for the last 2 years has been a combination of things. The knowledge of where it has lead me in the past(a place similar to yours from the sound of it) is part of what motivated me to get off them, but there are "tools" that I use now to assist me in dealing with things like cravings and poor moods, rather than clamoring for more drugs. Things like CBT and having a network of friends in recovery has really been crucial, especially at first. Other things are educating myself about addiction/substance use disorders through things like podcasts and other recovery orientated resources.

One of the biggest things is finding a reason to stay sober- something you can be more passionate about than drugs. It can be simple things like just appreciating nature and going on a hike, or more disciplined things like getting in shape, losing/gaining weight, going back to school, pursing a career you've always wanted, buying a house.... at least for me, the realization that I am far more capable of reaching my goals when I am in recovery than when I am getting high has helped a lot.

I'm sorry for bumping but I need more opinions Plzzzz anyone there??? ex oxy railers, smack shooters, poppy tea drinkers ?

Well so I've been banging morphine for 6 years now and I'm sick of being ill all the time, how it has had an Impact in all aspects of my life. I'm at a point where I'm not able to function if I don't have morphine in my system so I wanted to ask you guys, what made you quit opiates for good? I want some opinions plzzz I'm about to attempt for the 100th time to quit morphine, I have gaba loperamide and benzos to aid the wds but I wanted to read some stories/opinions on what made you guys realize enough is enough. NZN

erhmmm thanks for ur info? even tho i can't see anything u might want to edit ur post XD

erhmmm thanks for ur info? even tho i can't see anything u might want to edit ur post XD
Haha I quoted you and "highlighted" why I quit. You said it in your first sentence haha

Got tired of being sick all the time.

The enormous, almost impossible to pass crap I took after a 3 day, 90 count, 10 mg hydrocodone binge.

just is not fun any more!! Once i became dependent and the beautiful life of withdrawals has started, The FUN is over! But the price tag is rather high I must say, Quiting Opiates is as bad as everyone has said. I am working on a taper from 30mg of Norco a day (I know not much to many people or as Bad as it could get). It has taken 10 years to get to the 30, and the direction does not look promising . So I went to a meeting this am, will again tonight, and cut my dose by 5MG per week, and stay away from free Oxy that I get offered from old friends that I have helped out over the years. Hope to get down to 5mg and then stop??

Haha I quoted you and "highlighted" why I quit. You said it in your first sentence haha

Got tired of being sick all the time.
Oh, wow you're so lazy haha. Could have at least tell me some of your background story, DOC, idk. not just got tired of being ill all of the time, i want some context as well. Glad to hear you're clean NZN

just is not fun any more!! Once i became dependent and the beautiful life of withdrawals has started, The FUN is over! But the price tag is rather high I must say, Quiting Opiates is as bad as everyone has said. I am working on a taper from 30mg of Norco a day (I know not much to many people or as Bad as it could get). It has taken 10 years to get to the 30, and the direction does not look promising . So I went to a meeting this am, will again tonight, and cut my dose by 5MG per week, and stay away from free Oxy that I get offered from old friends that I have helped out over the years. Hope to get down to 5mg and then stop??
I wish you the best man, you're doing extraordinarily well. Try to get clonidine, gabapentin, loperamide, and some benzos(optional), for when the inexorable day comes. Those meds are extremely good for wds they reduce the wds by 70% at least overall, the RLS, yawning,sweating, chills,goosebumps, eye watering, etc. you name it, those meds help all of the symptoms except for exhaustion, that's the only thing that only comes back after a while, and the fact you can cum 20 times a day, just touching your dick will make you cum(detoxing makes you extremely sensitive sexually) anyway good luck man, it's been a hell of a road for you. I think it's time for you to set yourself free aswell :D Regards NZN

20 years of realising I was a fuckin idiot. That is all ..
I see man, can you give me some background info? DOC, frequency of use, mhmm idk, what problems did your addiction caused you in terms of family, at work, socially, medically, etc. idk some more info would be helpful :)

Found Christ. Took it all away!
I'm glad religion helped you, in my case i'm quite reluctant to that kinda treatment.Have tried it before with no success sadly. I won't stop trying though until i'm clean for good. NZN

I wish you the best man, you're doing extraordinarily well. Try to get clonidine, gabapentin, loperamide, and some benzos(optional), for when the inexorable day comes. Those meds are extremely good for wds they reduce the wds by 70% at least overall, the RLS, yawning,sweating, chills,goosebumps, eye watering, etc. you name it, those meds help all of the symptoms except for exhaustion, that's the only thing that only comes back after a while, and the fact you can cum 20 times a day, just touching your dick will make you cum(detoxing makes you extremely sensitive sexually) anyway good luck man, it's been a hell of a road for you. I think it's time for you to set yourself free aswell :D Regards NZN
Thanks,!! That was a great bit of information Lol Lol HaHa
I have the gabapentin, and old pro with loperamide, I will not play with the Benzos, { been there; done that Rodeo--SUCKED} I will work on clonidine, not sure how to go about it??
All is Well

Thanks,!! That was a great bit of information Lol Lol HaHa
I have the gabapentin, and old pro with loperamide, I will not play with the Benzos, { been there; done that Rodeo--SUCKED} I will work on clonidine, not sure how to go about it??
All is Well
Well, Clonidine is not available in my country sadly but i've heard wonders about it for wds. Anyway with just loperamide and gaba the withdrawals shouldn't be that bad. And in regards of benzos, well idk there's been times where i've used for like 3 weeks everyday 2-6mg clonazepam and i stopped abruptly with no signs of withdrawal whatsoever. Kinda weird, well i don't abuse benzos, i like them but just use them whenever i need them, not everyday. Take care bud, NZN

As an alcoholic and my First Love being Ice cold good (Stoli) Zanex hits the wrong buttons in my brain!! I will drink everyday, and just can not stop till its all gone, then go out for 'ONE" and get home at 5;30AM with a runny nose, no $$, and a Huge hang over waiting :eek:

Looks like it is a Blood pressure Pill?? I can not go to my GP because he gives me my opiates, and I don't want to fuck that up. The whole medical world here in the USA is Fucked at the moment!!

Looks like it is a Blood pressure Pill?? I can not go to my GP because he gives me my opiates, and I don't want to fuck that up. The whole medical world here in the USA is Fucked at the moment!!
Ive successfully quit opiates with just loperamide but idk about gabapentin at the time. My wd trifecta meds are gaba lope. and diaze/clonazepam. that's enough to quit on ur own, you can throw in some vitamins and stay hydrated too because you won't be eating for the first 3 days or so. xp