• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What Kind of Heroin/Opiate user are you?

I have yet to be 'detoxed' since first becoming addicted and dependant on Heroin. Went from IV Heroin, to sublingual/IV Buprenorphine, back to IV Heroin, now to oral Methadone.

I don't foresee a time in the near or distant future where I am no longer dependant on opioids. I don't want to be without daily opioids- if I wanted to detox, and never use again, I know that I could. But I know that my quality of life will drastically diminish, and I'll overcompensate with other drugs to fill the void.

#1 and #2... It's kind of a fall back if I can't get oxy or dilaudid and am having mad BT pain. It's usually a lot easier to come by in my area than pharms.

Not really my thing tho.

#3, i used to be a hopleless addict and nowadays I can manage to be a chipper and have no problem. Mainly because in between im actually a chronic pain patient and get Morphine and OxyCodone scripts. If I didn't have that to feed my addiction in the down time i'd probably be in big toruble. If it helps I STARTED IVing heroin because I needed pain help and hadn't gotten it yet.

I don't fit any category, I smoked it once years ago and enjoyed it. Don't feel I got the best experience I could of due to bad smoking technique and/or shitty dope. If I could score like half grams or grams off a reputable dealer I would probably "chip" around my current drug tests, that way I know I can't get addicted lol. Currently can only score on the street and have decided that it isn't worth the time or money, I will wait until the proper chance arises before I start hitting sweet lady h.
I actually don't really have access to any opiates other than OTC codeine (which is essentially worthless, especially when you can't smoke weed), I would love some morphine or oxy (tried both of them aswell, bit more experience than heroin but not by much) or some shit I haven't tried like dilaudid or fentanyl. Unfortunately in my country (Australia) or atleast my contacts its basically heroin or OTC codeine where opiates are concerned.

I don't really fall into any of the categories. Chipper implies some regularity, but I have no pattern. I have used it 3 times in the last two years. I score it on the street so in theory I could get it any time but have no desire to do so.

I loved from the first time and id steal my old grandmothers pension to buy dope...

thats the type of heroin user i used to be.

Since my last serious bout with addiction/dependence, I've used several times. Each time something seems to be lacking. I'm not saying I didn't enjoy it, or that it didn't make me feel as good as it ever has, but something was just missing. It all feels rather "manufactured" and fake, and the fact that I know the feelings will soon be a fleeting memory, takes away the compulsive necessity to get/stay high at whatever cost.

I'm not saying I'm immune to being addicted again, far from it, but it seems like I've moved on and learned a bit from my mistakes.

The Straight Dope said:
Well then could you be as nice enough to turn my post into a proper poll?

I'm going to send this over to DC, maybe if you're nice enough one of the mods their will poll it but there may already be a thread like this over there.

OD===>DC

Chipping and Heroin don't go in the same sentence in my opinion, but I will vote if there is going to be a poll.

Number 4.

If i were offered some right now i would have avery hard time saying no. Its been 6 weeks sincve my last use of H or Oxy and am coping ok but i still think about it, festering inside my mind.

I'm a chipper, only done H 5 times... morphine on the pther hand is another story.. i like morphine cause u know its pure... but using morphine mixed with loprazolam and promethazine i fucked up all the veins in my arms, which kindof made me realise i had to stop...

Since my last serious bout with addiction/dependence, I've used several times. Each time something seems to be lacking. I'm not saying I didn't enjoy it, or that it didn't make me feel as good as it ever has, but something was just missing. It all feels rather "manufactured" and fake, and the fact that I know the feelings will soon be a fleeting memory, takes away the compulsive necessity to get/stay high at whatever cost.

I'm not saying I'm immune to being addicted again, far from it, but it seems like I've moved on and learned a bit from my mistakes.

I think I know exactly what you're talking about, I think H is in some ways a lot like cigarettes, it's just not as good if you're not addicted to it, even if the effect is stronger.

i've been addicted to H several times. the longest was almost 8 years. when i first started using one of my junkie friends told me that it gets much better after you are addicted. well, i found that to be true - LOL but i think a lot of the reason is because when you are addicted you get sick and then when you fix you are instantly well and if you are lucky even high and that makes you feel so much better that it seems better than when you were not addicted.

i no longer use - but i do small amounts of poppy pods. now i am sort of addicted to the pods - if you can call 1 teaspoon a day - an addiction. if i do 3 - 5 teaspoons i get high.

I use heroin very rarely, I wouldnt even call myself a user, iv IV'd the stuff twice an am planning to again in the next few weeks before I go on sub. Im mostly an oxy user/abuser.

Don't fool yourself

#4 I used to be addicted and used to use up to 15 bags a day IV, put myself in a big financial hole, lost my car- now I'm 6 months clean and sometimes still think about heroine. I'm planning to start using dope some time in a summer time but I hope it's gonna be just chipping,I will not let myself to do what I used to do again.
I save 3000$ every month now and pay all my bills- when I was getting high I didn't pay my bills for months and maxed out all my credit cards and didn't even have money for gas. That's not gonna happen again,I think I love money more then I love dope. period
I think chipping after addiction is possible, I mean I'm happy now everything is going great,I'm not depressed, not bored,I just want to get high some times( no more then ones per two weeks). when I get my pay check every 2 weeks I'm planning to spend like 100$ and that's it.

From my experience of 15 years of abuse of any opaites, you can't do it every two weeks, it everyday or it's nothing at all, you may be fine the first time you try it again, but the next time after that you will w/d's. I an almst gaurentee to you it will be worse then before, don't try to fool yourself, addiction to H has been on and off half my life and i would try to do the same as your talking about, it just don't work that way my freind.