• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

What Jesus Said

THE fruitage of the tree of life is all too fine to feed the carnal mind.
2) If you would throw a diamond to a hungry dog, lo, he would turn away, or else attack you in a rage.
3) The incense that is sweet to God is quite offensive unto Beelzebub; the bread of heaven is but chaff to men who cannot comprehend the spirit life.
4) The master must be wise and feed the soul with what it can digest.
5) If you have not the food for every man, just ask and you shall have; seek earnestly and you shall find.
6) Just speak the Word and knock; the door will fly ajar.
7) No one has ever asked in faith and did not have; none ever sought in vain; no one who ever knocked aright has failed to find an open door.
8 ) When men shall ask you for the bread of heaven, turn not away, nor give to them the fruit of carnal trees.
9) If one, a son, would ask you for a loaf, would you give him a stone? If he would ask you for a fish, would you give him a serpent of the dust?
10) What you would have your God give unto you, give unto men. The Measure of your worth lies in your service unto men.
11) There is a way that leads unto the perfect life; few find it at a time.
12) It is a narrow way; it lies among the rocks and pitfalls of the carnal life; but in the way there are no pitfalls and no rocks.
13) There is a way that leads to wretchedness and want. It is a spacious way and many walk therein. It lies among the pleasure groves of carnal life.
14) Beware, for many claim to walk the way of life who walk the way of death.
15) But they are false in word and deed; false prophets they. They clothe themselves in skins of sheep, while they are vicious wolves.
16) They cannot long conceal themselves; men know them by their fruits;
17) You cannot gather grapes from thorns, nor from the thistles, figs.
18 ) The fruit is daughter of the tree and, like the parent, so the child; and every tree that bears not wholesome fruit is plucked up by the roots and cast away,
19) Because a man prays long and loud is not a sign that he is saint. The praying men are not all in the kingdom of the soul.
20) The man who lives the holy life, who does the will of God, abides within the kingdom of the soul.
21) The good man from the treasures of his heart sends blessedness and peace to all the world.
22) The evil man sends thoughts that blight and wither hope and joy and fill the world with wretchedness and woe.
23) Men think and act and speak out of the abundance of the heart.
24) And when the judgment hour shall come a host of men will enter pleadings for themselves and think to buy the favor of the judge with words.
25) And they will say, Lo, we have wrought a multitude of works in the Omnific name,
26) Have we not prophesied? Have we not cured all manner of disease? Have we not cast the evil spirits out of those obsessed?
27) And then the judge will say, I know you not. You rendered service unto God in words when in your heart you worshipped Beelzebub.
28 ) The evil one may use the powers of life, and do a multitude of mighty works. Depart from me, you workers of iniquity.
29) The man who hears the words of life and does them not is like the man who builds his house upon the sand, which when the floods come on, is washed away and all is lost.
30) But he who hears the words of life and in an honest, sincere heart receives and treasures them and lives the holy life,
31) Is like the man who builds the house upon the rock; the floods may come, the winds may blow, the storms may beat upon his house; it is not moved.
32) Go forth and build your life upon the solid rock of truth, and all the powers of the evil one will shake it not.
33) And Jesus finished all his sayings on the mount and then he, with the twelve, returned unto Capernaum.

"Where I shall be, there shall also be my twelve ministers. But Mary Magdalene and John, the virgin (John the Beloved) will tower over all my disciples and over all men who shall recieve the mysteries...And they shall be on my right and left. And I am they, and they are I"

Pistas Sophia Page 231

It's nothing personal to people who are religious, but overdoing it in such a way that all we see at the top of the P&S forum is quotes about "what Jesus said", when we don't actually know for a fact if Jesus said these things or not isn't helpful in a broad sense.

I would go so far as to say that it is misleading trolling by the people who add to this content.

It seems to me that this stuff is repeatedly getting posted in order to get a rise out of the more rationally minded people who often aren't atheist either.

You can post whatever you like, but don't expect people to become starry-eyed and glowing with an aura when you post repeatedly things that don't have any context or meaning for most who read it.

Maybe have a think about your purpose in society and here on bluelight.

Why are you posting these things over and over again?

What purpose does it serve you or others?

Is it selfish to post these things over and over again?

It's nothing personal to people who are religious, but overdoing it in such a way that all we see at the top of the P&S forum is quotes about "what Jesus said", when we don't actually know for a fact if Jesus said these things or not isn't helpful in a broad sense.

I would go so far as to say that it is misleading trolling by the people who add to this content.

It seems to me that this stuff is repeatedly getting posted in order to get a rise out of the more rationally minded people who often aren't atheist either.

You can post whatever you like, but don't expect people to become starry-eyed and glowing with an aura when you post repeatedly things that don't have any context or meaning for most who read it.

Maybe have a think about your purpose in society and here on bluelight.

Why are you posting these things over and over again?

What purpose does it serve you or others?

Is it selfish to post these things over and over again?

Well it so turned out that the OP wanted this thread to be a place for them to post quotes they attribute to Jesus for everyone to see, and nothing else. No discussion, just posting excerpts of texts attributed to Jesus, in case somebody wants to read them and find inspiration or something. Whatever - maybe some P&S readers do want to read this. People who don't find this particularly useful don't have to participate. But there's also no reason to disallow or disrespect people for wanting this kind of content. Different strokes for different folks.

Even if it's just a few people who find this useful and/or inspirational, what's the harm?

E: if you're a determined Christian and have a problem with this attributing stuff to Jesus without much in the way of proof, then I suggest you discuss it in PM with the OP, because the same question/problem came up earlier and it only resulted in fruitless flaming.

OK, I hadn't read all of it to be honest, since it is difficult reading and more than likely invented by someone over the past few centuries, rather than it being said by Jesus himself

Sorry for voicing my opinion and questions in this thread ... It's just ... I have tried to understand why this is constantly being posted and acknowledge that I don't have to click on the threads, but still ... it seems like Spam to me

I didn't mean any harm by it, I am just a little astounded by the amount of "Jesus said this", "Does this disprove atheism", "Enlightenment", "Is anyone else feeling it?" type threads which remain at the top of the P&S forum these days.

I don't have a problem with Ninae, in fact I like her and would like to do yoga with her some day ;)

I'm down with religious people being religious, but seeing this all the time, I mean what purpose is it serving herself and other people by posting it so regularly?

Philosophy, to me, is discussing all aspects of reality and human relationship to the observable universe.

To me, that rarely would involve any God as understood by institutionalised religion, as I am quite comfortable not knowing if there is a God or not, but, I suppose, horses for courses

But maybe some discussion on it and how it relates to anybody, anything, what it means ???

Have you done any yoga lately, Ninae? :)

I agree in part dear Vag. But I don't see the harm in this thread outside of it being pretty impenetrable stuff. I don't believe Ninae has ulterior motives, she just likes Jesus.

Yeah, I get it

On a related note, I can often see in myself an urge to post on BL and social media, which I think is a complex avoidance mechanism and related to the part of the brain existing in rats, where when they are administered drugs they repeatedly push a lever for more - BL, in this sense, is the lever

So what are we, then, within this context? Rats reading/posting Jesus quotes taken out of context and warped to something not entirely digestible!

I am constantly working on myself by trying to be more productive and efficient, and I like to think that I can help others to do so

Self-efficacy, in this sense for me, doesn't really coincide with reading Jesus posts

So i will just stay out of this thread, if I can, and leave the spam for the other rats :)

I do yoga and meditate every day.

I wanted to post this because I feel it has a lot of value to say for those who are genuinely spiritual and might bring some comfort to those who are struggling right now. Have you even read it since you ask what's even the point of it? I've read a lot of spiritual scriptures over the years but I don't think there's anything I've read that can compare with this.

Anyway, what's the problem with having threads about Jesus, enlightenment, or ascencion on what is meant to be a spiritual board? You can start as many skeptic/atheist threads you want, I don't complain about it.

AND Jesus looked upon the multitudes who pressed about for selfish gain.
2) The men of learning and of wealth, of reputation and of power, were there; but they knew not the Christ.
3) Their eyes were blinded by the tinseled glitter of their selfish selves; they could not see the king.
4) And though they walked within the light, they groped about in dark - a darkness like the night of death.
5) And Jesus cast his eyes to heaven and said,
6) I thank thee, Holy One of heaven and earth, that while the light is hidden from the wise and great, it is revealed to babes.
7) Then turning to the multitudes he said,
I come to you not in the name of man, nor in a strength my own;
8 ) The wisdom and the virtue that I bring to you are from above; they are the wisdom and the virtue of the God whom we adore.
9) The words I speak are not my words; I give to you what I receive.
10) Come unto me all you who labor and pull heavy loads and I will give you aid.
11) Put on the yoke of Christ with me; it does not chafe; it is an easy yoke.
12) Together we will pull the load of life with ease; and so rejoice.
13) A Pharisee, whose name was Simon, made a feast, and Jesus was the honored guest.
14) And as they sat about the board, a coutesan who had been cured of her desire to sin by what she had received and seen in Jesus' ministry, came uninvited to the feast.
15) She brought an alabaster box of costly balm and as the guests reclined she came to Jesus in her joy, because she had been freed from sin.
16) Her tears fell fast, she kissed his feet, and dried them with her hair, and she anointed them with balm.
17) And Simon thought, he did not speak aloud,
This man is not a prophet or he would know the kind of woman that approaches him, and would drive her away.
18 ) But Jesus knew his thoughts, and said to him,
My host, I have a word to say to you.
19) And Simon said,
Say on.
20) And Jesus said,
Sin is a monster of iniquity; it may be small; it may be large; it may be something done; it may be something left undone.
21) Behold, one person leads a life of sin and is at last redeemed; another, in a careless mood, forgets to do the things he ought to do but he reforms and is forgiven. Now, which of these has merited the higher praise?
22) And Simon said,
The one who overcame the errors of a life.
23) And Jesus said,
You speak the truth.
24) Behold this woman who has bathed my feet with tears and dried them with her hair and covered them with balm!
25) For years she led a life of sin, but when she heard the words of life she sought forgiveness and she found.
26) But when I came into your house as guest you gave me not a bowl of water that I might wash my hands and feet, which every loyal Jew must do before he feasts.
27) Now, tell me, Simon, which of these, this woman or yourself, is worthy of most praise?
28 ) But Simon answered not.
29) Then to the woman Jesus said,
Your sins are all forgiven; your faith has saved you; go in peace.
30) And then the guests who sat around the board, began to say within themselves,
What manner of a man is this who says, Thy sins are all forgiven?

Last edited:
Anyway, I won't be posting too much here anymore. I just don't have the time or energy for it anymore, and I think I've mostly said what I had to say. I hope someone else can come and give life to this board.

I do yoga and meditate every day.

I wanted to post this because I feel it has a lot of value to say for those who are genuinely spiritual and might bring some comfort to those who are struggling right now. Have you even read it since you ask what's even the point of it? I've read a lot of spiritual scriptures over the years but I don't think there's anything I've read that can compare with this.

Anyway, what's the problem with having threads about Jesus, enlightenment, or ascencion on what is meant to be a spiritual board? You can start as many skeptic/atheist threads you want, I don't complain about it.
Nice, it's been a while since I have done yoga or meditated. I'm getting lazy with it, but it definitely used to help me feel more balanced and at peace

OK, so what do you mean by genuinely spiritual?

I am spiritual in the sense that I can feel at one when I am underwater diving and exploring. When i am surrounded by a school of fish, I get a sense oneness, and at these times, I can feel somewhat tranquillised in a daze of pantheism. I suppose if I were to be religious in anyway, it would be by seeing the universe as part of us and us as part of the universe. It is anything and everything. It's as close to 'God' as I am ever going to get with my current understanding of reality. And I don't need to think there is an afterlife, even when I think like this, because it is such a great feeling to be a part of everything and your self at the same time. I feel, therefore I am.
Anyway, I won't be posting too much here anymore. I just don't have the time or energy for it anymore, and I think I've mostly said what I had to say. I hope someone else can come and give life to this board.
I know exactly what you mean

In most threads you start, you quite quickly request that nobody question of analyse your opinions, leading to threads such as this one which are incredibly hard for most people to relate to. A "lively" discussion forum features discussion.

You should stick around, I've lost interest in this section for the reasons I have outlined several times, I'm tired of appearing to be a bully or a bigot or close-minded something simply for talking about valid topics. I'm really not those things but I understand how I appear that way given the limitations of textual/turn-based web discussion.

I feel the other way around. I have no interest in taking part in debates any more. I only think it's worth it if it's to share or discuss spiritual ideas.

I can understand that, I guess that is where we differ. :) I feel like discussion can clarify but it can often do otherwise as well.

I lost interest in the usual debates a long time ago. It's kind of always the same debate "Are you a believer or aren't you a believer?" It gets boring.

And I assume some of those who come to a spiritual board come here looking for ideas and inspiration and don't just want to see people arguing all the time. There are actually many who are genuinly interested in mysticism and spiritual development. So I don't see why it has to be a problem to have a few threads devoted to discussing ideas and experiences among believers.

But most of the posters don't seem to see it like that and hardly anyone are interested in engaging, so it's just wasting my time.

^I don't think people can engage with this sort of thread. Its just walls of text.

I don't get that our society is so quick to create safe spaces where things are left unchallenged just because people want this to be the case. Challenging a view can help to empower it or diminish it, and that's the whole point. Unchallenged ideas are yet to attain either value of being valid or invalid.

Anyway, I'm hesitant to ever do anything but agree with you because you will think I am being a bully, but I'm not and I'm not going to post much here anymore so you may as well stick around. Take it easy :)

I think you're missing the point. It was never meant as something to be challenged. It was only meant as something to read for those who would be receptive to it and find some value in it. I don't know why you're still arguing about it. Anyway, I'm going to finish this, but I don't think I'll start any more threads.

I just wanted the discussion to be about the words he said. I wanted it centered around the message. What is so wrong with that?

Don't you see that turning it into a debate about what he did or didn't do or the validity of the document would turn it into a different kind of discussion? I just didn't want that discussion.

Or does that explain it to you?

NOW, many women who possessed much wealth, and abode in other towns of Galilee, implored that Jesus and the twelve, together with the masters from the foreign lands, would thither go and preach and heal.
2) Among these anxious ones were Mary Magdalene, who was obsessed by seven homeless spirits of the air, which had been driven out by the Omnific Word which Jesus spoke;
3) Susanna, who owned vast estates at Caesarea-Philippi;
4) Johanna, wife of Chuza, one of Herod's court;
5) And Rachel from the coast of Tyre;
6) And others from beyond the Jordan and the sea of Galilee.
7) And they provided ample means and three times seven men went forth.
8 ) They preached the gospel of the Christ, and they baptized the multitudes who made confession of their faith; they healed the sick and raised the dead.
9) And Jesus wrought and taught from early morn until the day had gone, and then into the night, he did not stop to eat.
10) His friends became alarmed lest he should fail from loss of strength, and they laid hold of him and would, by force, have taken him away to a place of rest.
11) But he rebuked them not; he said,
Have you not read that God will give his angels charge concerning me?
12) That they would hold me fast and suffer not that I should come to want?
13) I tell you, men, while I am giving out my strength unto these anxious, waiting throngs I find myself at rest within the arms of God,
14) Whose blessed messengers bring down to me the bread of life.
15) There is a tide just once in human life.
16) These people now are willing to receive the truth; their opportunity is now; our opportunity is now,
17) And if we do not teach them while we may, the tide will ebb;
18 ) They may not care again to hear the truth; then tell me, Who will bear the guilt?
19) And so he taught and healed.
20) Among the multitudes were men of every shade of thought. They were divided in their views concerning everything that Jesus said.
21) Some saw in him a God, and would have worshipped him; and others saw in him a devil of the nether world and would have cast him in a pit.
22) And some were trying hard to lead a double life; like little lions of the ground that take upon themselves the color of the thing they rest upon.
23) These people without anchorage of any sort, are friends or foes as seemed to serve them best.
24) And Jesus said,
No man can serve two masters at a time. No man can be a friend and foe at once.
25) All men are rising up, or sinking down; are building up, or tearing down.
26) If you are gathering not the precious grain, then you are throwing it away.
27) He is a coward who would feign to be a friend, or foe, to please another man.
28 ) You men, do not deceive yourselves in thought; your hearts are known;
29) Hypocrisy will blight a soul as surely as the breath of Beelzebub. An honest evil man is more esteemed by guardians of the soul than a dishonest pious man.
30) If you would curse the son of man, just curse him out aloud.
31) A curse is poison to the inner man, and if you hold and swallow down a curse it never will digest; lo, it will poison every atom of your soul.
32) And if you sin against a son of man, you may be pardoned and your guilt be cleansed by acts of kindness and of love;
33) But if you sin against the Holy Breath by disregarding her when she would open up the doors of life for you;
34) By closing up the windows of the soul when she would pour the light of love into your hearts, and cleanse them with the fires of God;
35) Your guilt shall not be blotted out in this, nor in the life to come.
36) An opportunity has gone to come no more, and you must wait until the ages roll again.
37) Then will the Holy Breath again breathe on your fires of life, and fan them to a living flame.
38 ) Then she will open up the doors again, and you may let her in to sup with you for evermore, or you may slight her once again, and then again.
39) You men of Israel, your opportunity is now.
40) Your tree of life is an illusive tree; it has a generous crop of leaves; its boughs hang low with fruit.
41) Behold, your words are leaves; your deeds the fruit.
42) Behold, for men have plucked the apples of your tree of life, and found them full of bitterness; and worms have eaten to the core.
43) Behold that fig tree by the way so full of leaves and worthless fruit!
44) Then Jesus spoke a word that nature spirits know, and lo, the fig tree stood a mass of withered leaves.
45) And then he spoke again,
Behold, for God will speak the Word, and you will stand a withered fig tree in the setting sun.
46) You men of Galilee, send forth and call the pruner in before it is too late, and let him prune away your worthless branches and illusive leaves, and let the sunshine in.
47) The sun is life, and it can change your worthlessness to worth.
48 ) Your tree of life is good; but you have nurtured it so long with dews of self, and mists of carnal things that you have shut the sunshine out.
49) I tell you, men, that you must give account to God for every idle word you speak and every evil deed you do.