• Guest, Welcome to FESTIVUS

What is the weather like where you are this holiday season?

It actually snowed on Christmas Eve which made my day.....and it's still snow-covered out there. Love winter.

Well we busy going into a thunder storm so gonna switch me pc of very soon, don't like the rumbling in the clouds

Jesus fucking Christ, 60-70cm of snow in what, 3 hours? WTF, seriously? And it's not like we don't have shit-ton of it already and I'm not even in an area were it snowed a lot (some parts got over 2m in one and a half weeks a month ago). This is just craziness, the weather is getting more and more extreme there is no doubt about it, whether it's rain, or heat/dryness, hail or wind etc. I have the urge to kick some of those climate change denies in the butt or somewhere else..

Edit: Looked like it was going to stop, but nop, it went from moderate (snowfall) to holy crap again in no time. I think we are going to wear away here..
Edit2: Is it just me, or are your icons in the editing box grey/greyed out too?

..on the other hand, it's kind of cool to see that the weather is determining what a whole country is doing. Every hand is outside in the dark moving the white stuff in all directions, all is silent and the snow is light like cotton wool, a pleasure to shovel. And my camera is weatherproof, so there are pictures too, now.

i have never seen or touched snow in my life, it sucks

A good snow fall brings a strange glow to the city at night and muffles all the city sounds. It's the most peaceful thing that ever happens in this zoo. I swear it feels like time slows down.

At least once in your life, you gotta make it to somewhere that has a decent amount of the stuff for a few days.

Snow is awesome, I love it.

I came home from visiting my family to 4-5 inches of snow, barely made it up the road. Had to call a neighbor to come feed my cat, because the cat sitter couldn't get out of her driveway for 2 days.

That's the shit I'm talking about.

Nothing beats being snowed in. In the city, it's even more gnarly because shit looks like it should be working but it's not and it suddenly attains the calm of the bush outside the city.

Nice cold weather on Long Island, Had a little snow for the holiday, but gone now. That is the best when you live at the beach, snow should be in the mountains where you can have fun with it and make $$ with it.
Cold clear and No wind beutiful day, ( I work outsid so not a fan of the snow )

Not bad the fall was warm as can be.. color change was weird, pocketed and not breathtaking, but the weather was quite nice. Snowed a little and has been hanging around 25 to 40 F.

Warm today, was pretty cold a few days ago. It's always up and down around here. We have 60-70 degree days throughout the winter and it also gets into the 20s, even down to 0 sometimes at night, but not usually.

We are having a cold, wet summer here for Festivus due to the La Niña weather phenomenon. I'm super happy with that because a) I LOVE storms and rain, b) I HATE the heat, and c) I'm heavily pregnant over summer so the last thing I wanted was a hot, humid summer for that. I was fucking dreading it.

63 degrees and cold AF, relatively.speaking.

My state is, apparently, 1 of only 2 US states where it’s snowing. I live in Hawaii on the North Shore of Oahu, Famous for our miles and miles of uncrowded beaches and the 7 mile miracle where The Bonzai Pipeline, Off The Wall, Waimea, Velzy Land, and many other amazing, and not so uncrowded, surf breaks live. I am ready for the hate but It is very cold tonight. At least for here and this early into winter it’s pretty cold. There’s some crazy storm north of us coming out of Alaska (the other state with snow, duh) and the wind is blowing pretty good direclty from the north. The cold(er) air and the wind are making it down right chilly tonight. It was not like this yesterday. I was in shorts and t-shirt and sweating yesturday, but tonight It’s cold. 63 is not even near as cold as it can get in winter. I have recorded it down to 51 at night one winter. which isn’t really that cold, but my house (like most in this area unless its new construction, are single wall so there’s no insulation and my windows are Jalousies that even when closed aren’t fully closed, so unless you have a space heater the temp inside is only a couple degrees above the outside temp. In a house like that and not used to the colder weather just feels cold. Even on an aveage mid winter day, it can be pretty chilly in the morning and I don’t feel like paddle out because it’s cold enough to make Mae want to go back under the covers. But this is the good time of year for surf here, and if you can force yourself to get in the water it’s actually warmer in the water where the water temo is normally 77-79 all ready round. But sitting on your board with your torso above the water is chilly. It was windy and rainy and cold all day today. I had to walk home this evening and I didn’t have a light hoodie or anything other han my board shorts and a t-shirt. I was freezing walking at first but by the time I was half way home I was feeling nice and warm. Today and tonight was he first time since last winter that I didn‘t run the A/C in my office all day.

The Big Island (and maybe Maui(?)) has snow on top of the large (dormant) volcanos. Big Island has two Volcanos that are over 12K’. So it’s not unusually for those peaks to get some snow in winter. Maui also has a very tall Volcano but I’m not sure if it get’s snow often. I haven’t been to Maiui since I was 12. Aloha.

Currently in Brazil, state of Sao Paulo, by the coast. Mid - twenties Celsius at the minute but forecast to get to 30 and above by Friday. This feels like summer holidays and palm trees are not in the least christmassy.

Back to Wales on the 21st. Will be quite the temperature shock as daytime at this time of year seldom gets above single figures, and often frost at night.

Today is okay....30 F and sunny. Tomorrow it starts. Snow, sleet, freezing rain or rain depending on which part of the State.

Monday the Canadians are going to blow things our way and night time temps will be in the teens for 3 nights.

My Mom and I built a shelter in an old shed in the backyard with lots of hay and boxes for the feral cats to sleep in when it gets real bad.

its amazing here, airs better, we had so many fires, it gets hot here, in cali, its a lil chilly but a welcomed reprieve from the heat,now we need some rain for our drought