• Guest, Welcome to FESTIVUS

What is the weather like where you are this holiday season?

Hot, as usual.

Why can't I ever live somewhere with snow at Christmas? :(

Holy fuck we got a fuck ton of snow i just woke up. About a foot. And its only 10 hours into the 18 hour storm.

Got some snow in my bed because i left my window open.

Lucky bastard. :D

I haven't even seen snow in a real long time. :(

Left the date on so ya'll dont decry bullshit. lol guess i coulda added that but didnt.
kXEjIRq.jpg

@madness00
we neighbors now, mf! :p

It was in the 80s daily till last couple days here. Hopefully it stays cool a few more days at least. I live in the asshole of America I sometimes think.

Snow? Whats that, nothing in S.A. But our weather atm is fucxt. it is suppose to be sunny and hot with the occasional hard down pore but which only lasts a day or maybe two. But at the moment its just overcast with a lot of rain, the weather cycle or seasonal cycle is fuct over here.

Nope, I'm well aware of my relative location. :p

Our wine regions are at the same latitude as those of France.

Only kept alive by the microclimates of the great lakes....still....the jet stream causes this piece to get way colder than France would know what to do with.

It's true though.....us down here in Southern Ontario are indeed the southerners of the dominion. Place is a zoo.

Nope, I'm well aware of my relative location. :p

Our wine regions are at the same latitude as those of France.

Only kept alive by the microclimates of the great lakes....still....the jet stream causes this piece to get way colder than France would know what to do with.

It's true though.....us down here in Southern Ontario are indeed the southerners of the dominion. Place is a zoo.

Last thing the Great Lakes want is Foxxconn .. true.

Such BS,

Canada and the US have a strong treaty to protect our great lakes. Provisions in this treaty require that Canada and the US approve decisions that could effect the health of our great lakes. Foxconn builds screens for tech. They need a ridiculous amount of h20. They planned to get it from our great lakes. Wisconsin's old, out on his ass, criminal governor tried to load up a deal to get that plant here, He is a slippery shady, that associated with convicted criminals, that is now sent packing out on his ass. Supp seeya Walker.

Just in 4 hours ago good news

That's a win for us all

Last edited:
The UK has been up and down lately. We actually had temps below 0°C and a few cm of snow earlier this month, but it's pretty warm now at ~10°C daytime and ~5°C nights. Going to drop some more next week, and there may even be another bit of snowfall towards the end of the week.
I'd usually be in Poland for the latter half of December, so I've become used to a cold white Christmas. But even there in recent years they've seen positive temps all the way to January, with little to no snowfall in the north. Not like it used to be, where even in Warsawa you could guarantee snow and freezing temps from the first week of December. With the storms hitting the US I'm hoping that the Atlantic sends those systems our way for a proper white Christmas/new year, but it's the UK so we'll probably just see rain.

It's been fucking raining all day and about 5C.

Where am I? If you guessed northwest Europe or Lower Mainland British Columbia/Vancouver Island, you'd be forgiven for being wrong.

I hate this weather.

Won't be below 0C til Boxing Day either. Which is fine....can wait for Boxing Day EPL brunch and pints. Frozen is perfect. Only -5C though.

The rest of the week can fuck off though, weather-wise. What a bummer.