• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

What is the optimal frequency for Cannabis Consumption?

LOL concentrates hurt my throat more than flower as well, unless I use my dab rig. Only reason I do use pens is because they are stealthy. I don't see any other advantages for me beyond that. Sure, on paper concentrates have more THC than most flower, but in practice the effects can be wildly different.

That reminds me, I need to pick up a torch lighter.
Yeah live rosin is such a waste of money unless you make it yourself imo. I just got spend happy at Christmas and had cane into a poor man’s fortune so had lot of money and said fuck it

lol I don’t even know how I’m going to smoke it. I dont have any devices for it dabbing concentrates but I guess I’m just going to use a bowl ontop of some weed. Whats the cheapest device I can get? I’m broke now lol. I said a poor man’s fortune.

Do you have to use torch lighters to use rosin? To be honest most my days with weed have been all flower and edibles. I have a feeling I’m going to end up wasting alot of the live rosin without a device tho. Idk

Also, dude I order from shipped me a free vape cartridge but again I do t have a device to put it in lol…

Can you eat this stuff? Is the thc even ready to be eaten? I’m guessing not but I can look at labs.

Yeah live rosin is such a waste of money unless you make it yourself imo. I just got spend happy at Christmas and had cane into a poor man’s fortune so had lot of money and said fuck it

lol I don’t even know how I’m going to smoke it. I dont have any devices for it dabbing concentrates but I guess I’m just going to use a bowl ontop of some weed. Whats the cheapest device I can get? I’m broke now lol. I said a poor man’s fortune.

Do you have to use torch lighters to use rosin? To be honest most my days with weed have been all flower and edibles. I have a feeling I’m going to end up wasting alot of the live rosin without a device tho. Idk

Also, dude I order from shipped me a free vape cartridge but again I do t have a device to put it in lol…

Can you eat this stuff? Is the thc even ready to be eaten? I’m guessing not but I can look at labs.
If you want to smoke the rosin and you already have a bong you can get a quartz banger and use that with your bong as a dab rig. That's what I do and it works fantastically.

If you don't already have one, there are pens you can get by Yocan and Dr Dabber that are good on a budget.

And I don't think you technically have to use a torch lighter, but it blows a bic lighter out of the water when it comes to concentrates, I don't even know if a bic lighter gets hot enough to vaporize it.

No you can't eat the oil either, it needs to be decarboxalated iirc.

If you want to smoke the rosin and you already have a bong you can get a quartz banger and use that with your bong as a dab rig. That's what I do and it works fantastically.

If you don't already have one, there are pens you can get by Yocan and Dr Dabber that are good on a budget.

And I don't think you technically have to use a torch lighter, but it blows a bic lighter out of the water when it comes to concentrates, I don't even know if a bic lighter gets hot enough to vaporize it.

No you can't eat the oil either, it needs to be decarboxalated iirc.

Okay, smart guy, now riddle me this.

I got drunk one night a few months ago and ordered some salvia extract from the netherlands.

It took some weeks and a month or two but that shit fuckin' arrived, fam. Problem is, I don't have any glass anymore. No bowls, no bongs, no pipes.

Any advice?

I've been meaning to pick up a bong or a bubbler from a local headshop but work has been leaving me with the desire to do absolutely nothing on my days off this holiday season.

Okay, smart guy, now riddle me this.

I got drunk one night a few months ago and ordered some salvia extract from the netherlands.

It took some weeks and a month or two but that shit fuckin' arrived, fam. Problem is, I don't have any glass anymore. No bowls, no bongs, no pipes.

Any advice?

I've been meaning to pick up a bong or a bubbler from a local headshop but work has been leaving me with the desire to do absolutely nothing on my days off this holiday season.
I would buy a bong, like you said, it will be worth it. I want to get some Sally and sprinkle tiny amounts of weed, that sounds great.

You could use an apple, put a filter in it tho because the salvia will get sucked thru

Can't think of any better advice, also make sure you use a torch lighter

My tolerance is quite high now, I am at the point where I have to take 2-3 hits from a pen or smoke an entire joint to feel anything. I would like to reach equilibrium between consumption frequency and tolerance. I have heard that it is ok to smoke once every 24 hours, from other folks I've heard once a week is the limit. I have 2 questions:

1: What is the optimum frequency/amount of consumption in order to lower my tolerance?

2: What is the optimum frequency/amount of consumption in order to maintain my tolerance once I have lowered it sufficiently?
Best results (med patient state of fl) former Colorado resident, use 1-2 weekly. What form for you prefer smoking or edible or vape if so how frequent? You know the more ya do it the less you want to “work” right haha

W
Absolutely!

Man ALL the pens I have ever had suck. They might take the edge off but they don’t get me high. I have 4 right now that I don’t want. If you were here I’d give them to you lol, seriously.

I mean it’s D8 and D9 and THC-P

Sucks though. Great brand too. Idk why but vape pens just don’t do it for me. Probably because the cannabinoids just can’t get in my system fast enough for how much I would need it to.

Vape pens seem like I need to hit them like strait for 60 minutes to get a high or something idk.

Flower is much better. Especially living soil flower. I’m really trying to steer clear of edibles except fast acting because not trying to fuck my tolerance anymore than it is.

Probably shouldn’t have ordered that live rosin either. Ahh well. It’s for new years.
Wya im
In fl not tryna meet I’m just curious

Best results (med patient state of fl) former Colorado resident, use 1-2 weekly. What form for you prefer smoking or edible or vape if so how frequent? You know the more ya do it the less you want to “work” right haha
Wdym like work, like at a job? I don't smoke at work.

I prefer smoking so in joints or a bong I usually do every other day

I once read this study that I can not find anymore and there were implications that tolerance loss starts to happen faster 2-3 days after cessation. Do any of you feel like that would align with your experiences? I can't remember anymore what exactly was the statement in the research.

Also tolerance should be zero in 3-4 weeks according to same study.
After 2 days i get blasted from a joint. Never made it to 3-4 weeks. Stuff is everywhere here and you can smoke it anywhere you can smoke cigs( not that i leave my house much). I hot my vape a couple times a day to just keep my anxiety low and stomach setted

Wdym like work, like at a job? I don't smoke at work.

I prefer smoking so in joints or a bong I usually do every other day
Well that’s not bad! I would just keep experimenting too, like on how often you use or don’t use and then take note of difference(s) in your daily routine, diet, any factors could affect the more or less you use marijuana. You got me thinking of going to the dispensary now becuaee weed keeps a down to earth, more social, joyful version of me, pretty excellent sleep I think; but can induce more pain :/ … that’s why I’d say 1-2 for me. Thinking about upping to 3+ x a week.

I would buy a bong, like you said, it will be worth it. I want to get some Sally and sprinkle tiny amounts of weed, that sounds great.

You could use an apple, put a filter in it tho because the salvia will get sucked thru

Can't think of any better advice, also make sure you use a torch lighter

That was actually my plan for whenever I actually pull the trigger! Bowl of extract with a little bit of ganja sprinkled throughout.

I've never done salvia before though.... I honestly barely remember making the order, and you have no idea how surprised I was when I saw a thin little package from ze deutschland pop up in my mailbox one day. My biggest concern is that it's bunk, but i'll fuckin' find out one way or another. All I can say is it's alleged 20x, dark brown like tobacco but chopped much smaller and smells really flowery. Like.... the aroma it gives off just makes me KNOW I'm coughin' my lungs out when I set that bitch on fire.

I'm fucking excited but I'm also, like.... like super wary, man. I feel like I'll be okay given my experience with psilocybin, LSD and MDMA but there are some people who seem convinced that salvia is in a league of it's own....

but that said, I also want to find me one of these DMT vape pens I keep reading about online and I've never done that shit before either

I'm fucking excited but I'm also, like.... like super wary, man. I feel like I'll be okay given my experience with psilocybin, LSD and MDMA but there are some people who seem convinced that salvia is in a league of it's own....
Yeah I would say it is about the same intensity of DMT.

the aroma it gives off just makes me KNOW I'm coughin' my lungs out when I set that bitch on fire.
Yes that is why I recommend a bong first and foremost, using a pipe is rough as hell, but you'll be too fucked up to tell by the time you exhale.

That was actually my plan for whenever I actually pull the trigger! Bowl of extract with a little bit of ganja sprinkled throughout.
Oops, I meant to say a bowl of weed with a little bit of salvia, I think if you did it that way the salvia would totally overpower the weed and it would be a waste, unless of course you did a small bowl of some 10x and just got minor effects from the salvia.

Last edited:
Yeah salvia is mighty weird. I had some extract as a teen and smoked three enormous bong hits, like dmt should be smoked,
And I lied down immediately and felt like I was being initiated into salvia nation
.. ya know kinda like DMT elves and stuff
And then my friends knocked on the door while I was still tripping but they snapped me out of it instantly. Salvia is such a heavy mind fuk. I won't touch it anymore. But I'd love to smoke dmt again

The optimal frequency and amount for both lowering and maintaining tolerance varies greatly depending on individual factors such as:
Body chemistry and metabolism, frequency and method of consumption, tolerance level, and desired effects.

Lowering Tolerance:
  • Consider a 2-4 week break or gradual reduction in frequency/amount.
  • Small, spaced-out doses can slowly lower tolerance.
  • Try edibles for slower absorption and less intense effects.

Maintaining Tolerance:
  • Focus on quality, listen to your body, and stop if needed.
  • Rotate strains with different cannabinoid profiles.
  • Short, periodic breaks can help prevent rapid tolerance build-up.

Live rosin is a waste of money unless you make it yourself? Do you have a £10k professional rosin press at home? Cos if not there is zero chance your making better stuff than the professionals at home with a pair of straighteners..

Could it be that you have been buying live resin? Which is not the same thing as live rosin.

Also smoking live rosin ontop of bowls of flower would just be a complete waste, given the price of it.

The optimal frequency and amount for both lowering and maintaining tolerance varies greatly depending on individual factors such as:
Body chemistry and metabolism, frequency and method of consumption, tolerance level, and desired effects.

Lowering Tolerance:
  • Consider a 2-4 week break or gradual reduction in frequency/amount.
  • Small, spaced-out doses can slowly lower tolerance.
  • Try edibles for slower absorption and less intense effects.

Maintaining Tolerance:
  • Focus on quality, listen to your body, and stop if needed.
  • Rotate strains with different cannabinoid profiles.
  • Short, periodic breaks can help prevent rapid tolerance build-up.
Bodychemistry: in my 20's 1 or to 2 days of would reset my tolerance to about 0, in my 40's almost 2 week's off had no noticeable effect on tolerance. So age can be a factor. Even a 1 1/2 year break barely brought me bassline.

But the 3 times rule still works, a normal day when spread out will give 3 moment's of temporarly relief of sobriety.

Bodychemistry: in my 20's 1 or to 2 days of would reset my tolerance to about 0, in my 40's almost 2 week's off had no noticeable effect on tolerance. So age can be a factor. Even a 1 1/2 year break barely brought me bassline.

But the 3 times rule still works, a normal day when spread out will give 3 moment's of temporarly relief of sobriety.
That makes sense. So likely it’s not kindling or anything like that like with opioids…or wait am infusing that term wrong? I’m not the smartest guy…

I am 41 so it would make sense if it’s a metabolic issue…I mean I maintain my health pretty well physically but still age is age.

And I do have a slightly compromised liver just meaning I had hep c at one time in my life. Or should say, had active hep c.

Live rosin is a waste of money...

That's in radical contradiction with my own present experience with Rosin 30 from the SQdC, which is mainly CBD i think, but my application differs from yours radically as well, no doubt. With an alias as yours i figure further explanation is a waste of both our time. Accept it or leave it, that won't affect my reality on the other side of your monitor...

📺

That's in radical contradiction with my own present experience with Rosin 30 from the SQdC, which is mainly CBD i think, but my application differs from yours radically as well, no doubt. With an alias as yours i figure further explanation is a waste of both our time. Accept it or leave it, that won't affect my reality on the other side of your monitor...

📺

With an alias like mine? Lol bog off. Your attitude is absolutely reeking.

My point was live rosin being a waste of money unless you make it yourself. Most people do not own something like a Sasquatch Rosin press do they? I would imagine most enthusiasts still do not have the funds for that..

With an alias like mine? Lol bog off. Your attitude is absolutely reeking.

My point was live rosin being a waste of money unless you make it yourself. Most people do not own something like a Sasquatch Rosin press do they? I would imagine most enthusiasts still do not have the funds for that..
So what I found out was you are right, with the right set up it’s worth it. I liked it.

I bought a bubbler thing that vapes it…has a coil I set it in now…then I vape it…when I was using it in a bowl it sucked..

Didn’t see the value in it.

That makes sense. So likely it’s not kindling or anything like that like with opioids…or wait am infusing that term wrong? I’m not the smartest guy…

I am 41 so it would make sense if it’s a metabolic issue…I mean I maintain my health pretty well physically but still age is age.

And I do have a slightly compromised liver just meaning I had hep c at one time in my life. Or should say, had active hep c.
Cannabis also has a ceiling ime. Unlike most other drug's. The daily ammount needed stays at where its at.