• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What is the most common use of benzodiazepines?

I have an appointment today, Ima tell him the truth and that the vraylar made everything worse, and now I'm back off it with the same anxiety, i think the fact i got 2mg i dont wanna rock the boat, ill let the card fall where they may... even though part of me wants to ask him for more, until things get settled. ehh its whatever i got weed lol

I would say Anxiety. This includes Panic and everything in between. Next, I assume the largest role would be neurological, like stopping seizures or as a prophylactic for seizures.

I'm gonna throw a random number out. 60% of Benzodiazepine scripts belong to longer-term patients who are in violation of the 2-4 week preferred term limits.

Next 20% using as a neurological medication.

10% for totally legit, beneficial use for patients with severe anxiety.

10% other weird stuff I haven't covered. For example, I was prescribed 8mg a day of Clonazolam in high school to treat chronic boners. It is my great shame.😞

I would say Anxiety. This includes Panic and everything in between. Next, I assume the largest role would be neurological, like stopping seizures or as a prophylactic for seizures.

I'm gonna throw a random number out. 60% of Benzodiazepine scripts belong to longer-term patients who are in violation of the 2-4 week preferred term limits.

10% other weird stuff I haven't covered. For example, I was prescribed 8mg a day of Clonazolam in high school to treat chronic boners. It is my great shame.😞
I don’t know what to do ask him for more... I’m out or just tell him I stopped the vraylar and that’s it not ask for more.

Is that serious? I need 8mg a day...

I mean the last part

Diazepam is administered orally, rectally, and parenterally. Anticonvulsant, skeletal muscle relaxant, and anxiolytic effects are usually evident after the first dose. The duration for some clinical effects (e.g., sedation, anticonvulsant activity) is much shorter than would be expected considering the very long half-life for both diazepam and its metabolite, desmethyldiazepam.

Diazepam is widely distributed, with CSF levels similar to plasma levels. This benzodiazepine crosses the placenta and distributes into breast milk. The disparity between elimination half-life and duration of action for some conditions may be partially explained by rapid shifts in distribution of diazepam out of the CNS. Although diazepam is 99% protein-bound, interactions based on protein binding are not clinically significant. Metabolism of diazepam is primarily hepatic and involves demethylation (involving primarily CYP2C19 and CYP3A4) and 3-hydroxylation (involving primarily CYP3A4). Diazepam is extensively metabolized to one major active metabolite desmethyldiazepam and two minor active metabolites temazepam (3-hydroxydiazepam) and oxazepam (3-hydroxy-N-diazepam), with half-lives of 30—100 hours, 9.5—12 hours, and 5—15 hours, respectively. At therapeutic doses, desmethyldiazepam is found in plasma at concentrations equivalent to those of diazepam. Oxazepam and temazepam plasma concentrations are usually undetectable. The half-life of diazepam is 30—60 hours. These metabolites are subsequently glucuronidated and excreted in the urine.

Question for you @Lorne???:

If taken in sufficiently high doses (50-100mg @ once), would such Diazepam ingestion produce enough Temazepam & other minor metabolites to produce a felt effect from such metabolites?

Secondly, would GFJ prior to such a large dose negate or potentiate the production & felt effect of Temaz & Oxaz & Desmethyldiazepam resulting from such a dose?

Relief from stress.some use it like sleeping aid.peoplebwith various disorders.....

That's a very high dose of clonozolam IME,

Vs Etiz which to me really is 1 mg equiv to bout 10 mg's Diazepam, 0.5 mg's of Clonozolam was notably more than 2-2.5 mg's Etizolam.

Just my own consistent experience. Because personally as a man who somehow subsides the sleep inducement of 25 mg's Etizolam plus 100 gr + kava big cannabis edibles and nuff vaporizer, even 2 mg's of Clonozolam would knock me the F out lol.

Probably different without kava and weed though.

for me anxeties and general observations. i believe i have overcome a lot of my anxieties by facing them off the dick. no benzos. overload at times but we are resilent and can come back to life and have a living.
also with the medicine helps me endure pain/aches. gotta lay downnfor full effects ime and rest.
wtf am i on about?
damn evil weed.
lol