• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants What is a stimulant overdose like?

I thought the neurotoxicity was seretonin related? Which in itself is related to regulation in body temperature since seretonin syndrome can result in extreme fevers
I got serotonin syndrome, I posted all of my symptoms in another comment. It was horrible, grand mal seizure and all.

I got serotonin syndrome, I posted all of my symptoms in another comment. It was horrible, grand mal seizure and all.
What substances had you consumed (sorry if I missed that bit and you already said). Most regular stims on their own are supposed to have fairly low risk of SS (specially the primarily dopameinergic ones) except in combination with other things. Often prescribed meds.

In my experience an overdose on reuptake inhibitors like MDPV, cocaine, php, pvp, or ethylphenidate feels much more like a medical emergency than an overdose on a releaser like meth, 4-mmc, or MDMA. Not that they wouldn't each be bad i just think the reuptake inhibitors are the most likely to cause severe anxiety, rapid heart beat, palpitations, AND pychosis.
I overdosed on meth once accidentally. I had over a gram of shards in a methanol solution and was slightly agitating the solution infront of a fan to assist with evaporation. Crystals were forming and it was highly thick and saturated. Well some sloshed out on my hands and without thinking i licked it!
Oh boy! I only recovered like 200mg instead of like 1.7g!!
I was so high the first 24 hours. I just lay there sweating the whole time.
It was not anywhere near as anxiogenic or paranoia/ hallucination inducing as the reuptake inhibitors.

Last edited:
In my experience an overdose on reuptake inhibitors like MDPV, cocaine, php, pvp, or ethylphenidate feels much more like a medical emergency than an overdose on a releaser like meth, 4-mmc, or MDMA. Not that they wouldn't each be bad i just think the reuptake inhibitors are the most likely to cause severe anxiety, rapid heart beat, palpitations, AND pychosis.
I overdosed on meth once accidentally. I had over a gram of shards in a methanol solution and was slightly agitating the solution infront of a fan to assist with evaporation. Crystals were forming and it was highly thick and saturated. Well some sloshed out on my hands and without thinking i licked it!
Oh boy! I only recovered like 200mg instead of like 1.7g!!
I was so high the first 24 hours. I just lay there sweating the whole time.
It was not anywhere near as anxiogenic or paranoia/ hallucination inducing as the reuptake inhibitors.

I think I agree. Overdosing drugs like MDPV, for example, led me to such a state that I could not move a muscle out of fear. I remember one time laying on the ground so incredibly paranoid of the constant barrage of hallucinations/delusions of cops/agents outside the windows, security cameras everywhere, helicopters overhead, etc. I just laid there with all my muscles held as tight as could be while overheating and drenched with sweat. So paranoid, fear stricken and tense that I almost could't breathe. It's a miracle I did not have a heart attack especially considering how many times I got to that point.

Whereas overdoses of meth, for me, we're different. I just remember almost getting stuck in a stupor where I felt counterintuitively overly relaxed and almost like I was about to fall asleep. Overheating, sweating, etc but not the intense heart attack level of fear and paranoia like from mdpv. Once the stupor wore off then I spent many hours tweaking very very hard.

Not sure which is more dangerous, but the reuptake inhibitors definitely felt more life threatening, in the moments after overdosing, both physically and psychologically.

Overdosing on a shot of speed usually in best case scenarios you will actually fall asleep. Like there was a girl sitting in a car she did a shot too big it was actually her first one she passed out so fast her head hit the dashboard. You just go into an overdrive I forgot what they called it. And you pass out for a few.

Last time, one second I was sitting in my hotel room alone peacefully, next second I'm in the middle of traffick blocking cars waving my arms frantically screaming about sex traffickers, meeting eyes with someone. It was bizarre, as I didn't have any recollection of going outside or anything, just a straight time jump. Other times were much worse.
Tell us about the other times!

Lol. Other people refusing to listen to the voices in the sink. *sigh* I shouldn't be laughing. My boyfriend wants nothing more than for me to listen to the voices with him.

So since this post has been bumped up. Since I responded to the OP I was diagnosed Behcets disease. The full body infection was autoimmune response. I've had two breakouts now.

I don't remember what I was talking about overdosing in my early on IV use. I remember doing it really badly smoking once early on. I know I got pretty fucked up sometimes IV, but I can't remember anything specific.. that's fucking weird because I wouldnt lie about something like that here. But my memory has been getting foggy at points lately..

I remember being really screwed up a few times. But I don't remember overdosing. It's like the memory is there but I can't remember? That's so fucking weird.

Sorry to bother you guys with all this I'm just fucked in the head I guess. Behcets is neurological disease as well. My head hasnt been the same since second breakout.

Overdosing on a shot of speed usually in best case scenarios you will actually fall asleep. Like there was a girl sitting in a car she did a shot too big it was actually her first one she passed out so fast her head hit the dashboard. You just go into an overdrive I forgot what they called it. And you pass out for a few.
Yes people pass out when they overdose on meth. You can pass out when you're heart rate is super high without meth being the main factor too. I don't know the name of the condition either.

Your boyfriend hearing voices still? Like now?

I do remember now. One occasion anyway. I took a big shot at my friends table and went to the bathroom to puke. Then I passed out. Thank you for listening!

You can pass out when you're heart rate is super high without meth being the main factor too. I don't know the name of the condition either.
It’s usually referred to as hypertensive encephalopathy. But you can also pass out from rapidly falling blood pressure after peaking on meth in a condition called hypotensive syncope if you take additional drugs to lower your blood pressure. This happened to me when I combined clonidine and seroquel close to a meth peak.

Self treatment of a hypertensive crisis is pretty risky if it’s stimulant related. Calling paramedics the best option.

It’s usually referred to as hypertensive encephalopathy. But you can also pass out from rapidly falling blood pressure after peaking on meth in a condition called hypotensive syncope if you take additional drugs to lower your blood pressure. This happened to me when I combined clonidine and seroquel close to a meth peak.

Self treatment of a hypertensive crisis is pretty risky if it’s stimulant related. Calling paramedics the best option.
Yeah I've had to deal with a situation like this once before. Was talking with someone who then passed out after doing a shot of meth. He did some downers before. That was a pretty scary couple hours waiting to hear back if he was okay or not.

Yes people pass out when they overdose on meth. You can pass out when you're heart rate is super high without meth being the main factor too. I don't know the name of the condition either.

Your boyfriend hearing voices still? Like now?
Everytime he does a shot. And he claims it's not because of the shots. He's real defensive about it. But he hears a lot of voices. Sometimes he tells me I'm part of the whole conspiracy because I won't acknowledge that I hear them too. Because I don't. I love the shit out of him though. And he's super hot.

. I love the shit out of him though.

Best get him to slow down on the meth then or take a break. I know you didn’t ask for advice on this but from the situation you have described, things usually only go downhill for couples. We have more than a few threads started by people whose partner has started to show signs of psychosis (like hearing voices). They don’t often come back and update us on happy endings. Meth psychosis (which hearing voices absolutely is) only gets worse with further meth consumption. Some people can take a break from the meth, recover from the psychosis, and then come back to meth a bit more moderately with no more psychosis. However, for most people after the first incidence of psychosis, it gets easier and easier to have further episodes that just get more and more paranoid often leading to violence and other problems. Often with the law and/or mental health system.

Apologies if above advice unwanted or unnecessary but we are a harm reduction forum…

Everytime he does a shot. And he claims it's not because of the shots. He's real defensive about it. But he hears a lot of voices. Sometimes he tells me I'm part of the whole conspiracy because I won't acknowledge that I hear them too. Because I don't. I love the shit out of him though. And he's super hot.
Thats good that you care for him so much and like his looks too. Its hard to convince someone in a psychosis that theyre in one though. It wouldnt be a very good psychosis if they were aware of that right?

i am aware of mine being psychoses now after the first long while and now it just doesnt matter. Still get pretty screwed up though.

My ex couldnt stay with me through it though. Says the foundation is there but the drugs are too much. He is probably right.

Be careful. Having the love and the looks doesnt mean hes gonna be tolerable. Meth is extremely disorienting and can even be dangerous to be around when people are in that state.

You don't feel anything, you just blackout or go six feet under. Imo, you should never think about this as this is the most stupidest way to die, everyone will laugh. Enjoy life as life is a ''happening'', you have beautiful things all around music, travels, books, games if this one rocks ur boat although in the last couple of yrs nothing rlly appealing, ahaha.

Yeah seretonin syndrome can cause all of those as well.. I never got as far as the seizures but the fever and shakiness and just plain feeling like shit.. sweating like a pig and all.. it wasn’t a good time for sure.

The only times I “know “ I took way too much was the last time I dosed A-pvp. It was the brown crap that was super cheap around the time it got banned in the US. I ended up doing around a 700mg line. Mainly because I was super spun out already and was on an 11 day bender already. I remember seeing some very vivid hallucinations (very definitely stimulant psychosis type things) such as police raiding the house an armored personnel carrier driving down the hallway the room started spinning my heart beat out of my chest sweat poured from every pore and I passed out attempting to find a spy camera in my closet.. my girlfriend at the time called the ambulance and I woke up 2 days later in the hospital. The other time was an accident taking way too much isopropylphenidate.. I wound up doing around 250mg.. everything started spinning and I passed out again.. this time I woke up around 36 hours later in my bed to my girlfriend once again having a shit fit because I wasn’t responsive when she tried to wake me.. I wound up waking before the ambulance was called but truth be told I should’ve went to the hospital that time as well.
I recently did 3-ho-pcp along with isopropylphenidate and I experienced some pretty crazy overdose symptoms. I started on a Wednesday night by eyeballing a dose of 3-ho, which was super dumb because I ended up blacking out till around 7am, where I came back to and realized that I had done a lot of IPH and I was super stimmed out. Couldn't keep track of my thoughts, felt like my heart was racing. I started crying and could feel the tears rolling down my face with what I can only describe as a glowing sensation. Took 15mg of olanzapine, which dealt with most of the negative side effects, but still ended up going to the hospital where I was going out of an into a state of psychosis. Most of the time in the hospital I felt completely sober (if sleep deprived) but I would randomly switch into a state where apparently I would describe people that weren't there, and I couldn't answer basic questions correctly.

I recently did 3-ho-pcp along with isopropylphenidate and I experienced some pretty crazy overdose symptoms. I started on a Wednesday night by eyeballing a dose of 3-ho, which was super dumb because I ended up blacking out till around 7am, where I came back to and realized that I had done a lot of IPH and I was super stimmed out. Couldn't keep track of my thoughts, felt like my heart was racing. I started crying and could feel the tears rolling down my face with what I can only describe as a glowing sensation. Took 15mg of olanzapine, which dealt with most of the negative side effects, but still ended up going to the hospital where I was going out of an into a state of psychosis. Most of the time in the hospital I felt completely sober (if sleep deprived) but I would randomly switch into a state where apparently I would describe people that weren't there, and I couldn't answer basic questions correctly.
IPH has a way of sneakin up on you like that. I know for a fact I had a stroke the time I overdosed on that.. have never been so sick ever.. slept for what seemed like forever.

I've only ever OD'd on MDMA. Which was terrifying for the short time it lasted. I'd accidentally taken my partners bomb shortly after taking my own, effectively doubling my dose and then some. Ended up being around 0.35g in the space of 10 mins, which is well over 3x my usual dose. I got extremely nauseous and started sweating profusely. Ran to the bathroom to vomit, but I couldn't think straight. I was so unbelievably hot and my skin was bright red. I wasn't sure what to do as I couldn't stand up or speak, so I dragged a towel into the bath from the towel rail and just about managed to turn the cold tap on. Then my partner walks in and sees me sweating on the floor, skin glowing red, failing to drag a soaking towel out the bath. She touched my back and realised how hot I was, so chucked the towel on me and fed me some water. Within less than a minute I was fine again. But I pretty sure I would have died if she hadn't come in when she did. My vision was starting to go white and I was loosing the use of my arms, I would have died, I'm sure of it. And that was the last time I took and stimulants.
She saved you with a drink of water?

Without that drink of water, you think you would have died?

😭😭😭😭🤣🤣😂😂

That's not how it works