• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides What happens when you take too much LSD?

WaterOverLiquour

Bluelighter
Hey everyone,

Just wondering what the potential for damage is if I drop like 3 tabs at once?

Not experienced with psychadelics but tried shrooms recetly and ready to up the ante a bit. This would be my first time dropping acid.

My main goal is to talk to aliens, see what they have to say.

Also, does it make a difference if you swallow or let them dissolve on your tounge?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I would just take 1 for starters ...get the feel for it...if you feel you need more ...proceed.As for talking to aliens ..
I never encounteted that but did see some alien looking visuals.

I would just take 1 for starters ...get the feel for it...if you feel you need more ...proceed.As for talking to aliens ..
I never encounteted that but did see some alien looking visuals.
Hahah, I wasn't serious about the aliens, it was more my way of saying that I'm ready to trip absolute balls.

I get why you're saying that I should only take 1 tab but knowing myself thats probably not gonna happen.

Other than a bad trip, are there any dangers associated with taking that much?

LSD is well known as a mild drug in terms of direct pharmacology. Has an LD50 even been established?

Having a "bad trip" is by far the biggest risk. Emotional stress can be dangerous.

With bigger doses, the serotonin receptors are saturated and increase tends toward dopaminergic and adrenergic effects rather than classical psychedelia. I personally haven't ventured that far. 3 tabs is unlikely to even get close to the saturation point.

This is ultimately a tricky question of personal balance between emotional precaution and emotional faith. There is basically no toxicity to speak of.

Depends on the strength of the tabs.I dont think lsd is a ' mild drug' as you state...cannabis is mild .There is nothing mild about strong doses of lsd .Even 200 mics has a decent effect if you are new to it.Its mild in the terms of overdosing and dying from it.But if you reach saturation levels or close to ...you may very well feel like you have died...

Dude people take way more than that. You aren't going to 'OD' if thats what you mean. The same dangers lie within 1 dose as they do a triple or 10x dose except its just magnified more. The risk of doing some really dangerous stupid shit increases, as does your inability to deal with dangerous situations. So lets say the house catches on fire because you thought youd cook some chicken nuggets and forgot, well if you are 3 tabs deep its going to be harder to deal with than 1 tab deep. So with that in mind you want to have a trip sitter, either a sober friend or someone who has taken a normal dose at the very least. It can be fun to trip without that though, bit more 'free' if you are sure of yourself and feel you aren't an idiot(do your friends think your smart? lol). Its certainly less safe though. A safe place is a lot more important on higher doses too, for these same reasons. I can trip on a low dose and go do every day stuff. On a medium-high dose.. yeah forget about doing anything normal. You really become quite 'disabled' and you cant function very quickly. A simple question can leave you spinning out.

The obvious issue of mental breakdowns or psychosis or whatever you want to call it would be more likely on higher doses too however I think if you already have experience with psychedelics and could handle them then that risk probably not high anyway regardless of dose unless you went crazy high dosage.

Personally for me, I've done extremely high doses of mushrooms and the only real effect I noticed long term was that I got rainbow halos around light sources(street lights are a good example, the moon too). This has persisted for over 10 years but has slowly faded away. For the following weeks/months it was very noticeable and was almost like there was very clear rainbows physically 'halo'ing' every light. Like I was looking through a lense. Even after multi-year breaks I still would have faint rainbows but every time I trip, especially if I do mushrooms, those rainbow halos come back quite vividly although fade a lot quicker than they did from that one really huge dose I did. They didn't really hang around for more than a day or two until I did that big trip so it definitely did something 'permanent' to me that is reinvigorated by doing trips.

I also have closed eye visuals pretty much always but sometimes its quite faint and hard to see. Some nights its very vivid however. If I smoke a lot of weed that day they certainly come to life. I didn't even really think about it for a long time, like years, that I was having CEV permanently. It got normalised to me so quickly I guess that it just seemed normal until one night not too long ago I was really enjoying them and I just thought wait a minute.. I haven't taken psychedelics in over a year what the fuck am I seeing right now.

I don't know if any of this happens when you do huge doses of acid(I wouldn't say 3 tabs is a huge dose) but I would imagine it does.

By the way I think doing a strong trip for your first experience on a drug is a good idea. Ideally you have a solid connection/someone you know tested the batch you are using so you have relative certainty of how big of a dose you are taking. But yeah I think the first experience on any drug is quite a magical one and if you are gonna do it then do it well. Acid especially because you can't 're-dose' or up the dose after you are already tripping, taking more basically does nothing and is a waste.

Just be prepared for time distortion. For me that gets me every time on stronger trips. Minutes can turn into hours. Its good to get some fresh air or move around if you find yourself intimidated by the time dilation.

Oh and, from what I understand it can be useful to have xanax or other benzo drugs on hand. I have no experience with this however but from what I understand benzos are great at calming you down and bringing you down out of a bad trip, should you find yourself in one. I've never had a 'bad trip', and I still don't know how I feel about having an 'exit plan' as I feel that knowledge would taint my trip, just for me personally.

Last edited:
In my experience the potential dangers of LSD is not in the dose, but in frequency of use.

One large dose is unlikely to be dangerous, but dosing frequently for long periods can be. Spacing out trips is important and not just in terms of integration or appreciation of the experience.

Dosing one day after the other dosent work ..need at least a week in between from my experiences.Waste of good acid otherwise.

In the last year I have been with maybe 6 people when they had their first LSD trip and first experience of any psychedelic. I’ve also had maybe 20 + trips alone taking doses up to 700 ug when not tolerant. Based on these recent experiences I believe that:

It is quite true that LSD at any reasonable dose is extremely unlikely to do anyone permanent physical or long term psychological harm. But that does not mean it is safe to throw caution to the wind. If someone is unprepared for what LSD can do, even if set and setting seem ideal, it can mean hours of possibly traumatising torment.

When people I’ve been with had 1/2 tab of known high quality LSD rated at around 100 ug/tab they have always had an amazing time and subsequently wanted to do it again with a whole tab in the expectation that the things they enjoyed would be longer and deeper or more intense. Different people liked different things though.

But the people who went straight for 1 tab the first time totally disappeared into themselves for quite a while, had a far more emotional trip than a psychedelic adventure, and afterwards we’re not very keen to do LSD again even though they hadn’t had a ‘bad trip’ as we would typically understand it.

The one person I witnessed possibly given 2 tabs first time spent 6 hours puking and terrified out of their mind. Like uncontrollably overwhelmed by their deepest darkest terrors, Sure they seemed to have recovered fully after a few days - but I would not risk such an experience on my worst enemy.

So I’d suggest go with half a tab and have a beautiful time. If you love it, wait a week and take a full one. Still loving it and eager for more? Wait two weeks and take 2… and so on until you find your sweet spot. Personally I love being knocked on my arse by a solid dose of LSD and entirely and uncontrollably losing my sense of self and any connection to my immediate surroundings - but I only need 3 x ~100 ug tabs to achieve this and render me incapable of leaving my room, let alone my house for the first few hours.

In my experience the potential dangers of LSD is not in the dose, but in frequency of use.

One large dose is unlikely to be dangerous, but dosing frequently for long periods can be. Spacing out trips is important and not just in terms of integration or appreciation of the experience.
Exactly this!!!
Excessively frequent use of psychedelics (abuse of them) leads to delusional thinking and possible psychosis.
It's extremely important to take time to reflect on your trip and integrate the experience.
Personally I think even one trip a month is pushing it.
I like to keep my trips spaced out a few months apart and it also makes them more magical and meaningful.

It all depends on the person - if you're the type of person who panics on psychedelics a big dose will be uncomfortable. You will probably end up running down the street naked save for one sock being pursued by 4 police cars. Personally, I never panic on psychedelics (real life is the pain in the arse - the psychedelic world is what suits me) so for me too big a dose is just a little uncomfortable physically for an hour to an hour and half till my body gets used to it. I just lay down and wait till my body gets used to it.

It never did anything to me I dropped 5 in 1 night and went to work the next morning, anyone ever have the hard get-dumbo drops? not to mention the sugar cubes

With any psychedelic it’s best to slowly step into their world, you can always take more next time. That’s the beauty of them, it’s not like some drugs where your first time WILL be the best time. Plenty of good times to come if you show them respect.

-GC

With any psychedelic it’s best to slowly step into their world, you can always take more next time. That’s the beauty of them, it’s not like some drugs where your first time WILL be the best time. Plenty of good times to come if you show them respect.

-GC
I dunno about that. The visuals on my first magic mushroom trip were unlike anything I have ever had again on any psychedelic, even in very high doses, and even in very high doses of mushrooms. On my first trip it was like something out of a cartoon. Things were dancing, people were shedding skin and being reborn. Plants were spawning out of the ground, dying, then regrowing again. I have never had 'things' like that appear since that trip.. and what was weird is I could still see relatively normally, like I could still function but yeah everything had a life of its own would be the easiest way to describe those visuals.

It was also the only time that I made tea that turned an extremely vivid blue and stayed blue. Tea sometimes turns blue in other tea ive made since, but quickly goes away.

-GC
acid only works if you have a weak mentality, the reason I say that, is b/c not everyone sees things & others don't, acid never did anything to me like that, friends thought leaving me at the apt would give me bad trips,? no, it didn't I had mostly sped up on speed & eventually saw tracers, that is it,

I dunno about that. The visuals on my first magic mushroom trip were unlike anything I have ever had again on any psychedelic, even in very high doses, and even in very high doses of mushrooms. On my first trip it was like something out of a cartoon. Things were dancing, people were shedding skin and being reborn. Plants were spawning out of the ground, dying, then regrowing again. I have never had 'things' like that appear since that trip.. and what was weird is I could still see relatively normally, like I could still function but yeah everything had a life of its own would be the easiest way to describe those visuals.

It was also the only time that I made tea that turned an extremely vivid blue and stayed blue. Tea sometimes turns blue in other tea ive made since, but quickly goes away.
what acid were you on? I had the bet of it called dumbo drops back n the 80s , the cid you get now is mostly sugar coated,

acid only works if you have a weak mentality, the reason I say that, is b/c not everyone sees things & others don't, acid never did anything to me like that, friends thought leaving me at the apt would give me bad trips,? no, it didn't I had mostly sped up on speed & eventually saw tracers, that is it,
just like Boyd aka black tar heroin, seen people on it nodding like they're ready to pass out, someone asked me if I wanted any? I was like to be like that? no, it's ok. whoever mentioned shrooms isn't LSD, it's 2 different drugs shrooms is like a high like weed, acid tends to keep you awake & get restless, whereas shrooms are kinda like a downer, try alcohol on shrooms, it hits you like a rock, I was with my gal & her friends my friends told me it's bad enough to drunk in front of them but to pass out ,, lol, I can drink whiskey like water, but if you're on shrooms forget it, I did it and failed