What great band have you just discovered?

I don't know about just, but Portugal. The Man is fucking awesome!!! After I discovered them I binged on their music for months, and they were perhaps the last great discovery I made.

bully

sweet hazy girl shit from north carolina. not the best song (six is the best!) but adorable video

slayer.gif
yea first time i heard it i came with the force of a thousand suns. tryin to recall this other group with similar synth sound, but the name escapes me atm... =/

heavy ms. 45 vibes from the video. goes great with this clip on mute..

Hmm... I've recently been discovering a lot of new bands/groups/whatever, but probably the most notable would be Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble, múm, and BL▲CK † CEILING. (All have been in the past month or so, I've found a bunch more stuff since then, but I like those three more than the others.)

I recently discovered Ministry. Idk if they've been mentioned so far. Wish I'd discovered them sooner but better late than never.

Dude nice. ATDI was the first stuff i heard from them but this band here was phenomenal. Frances The Mute is a must hear for anyone into real music
Indeed, I do prefer De-loused in the Comatorium tho.

On topic: Turnover

just wow.

I hate when ignorant people whine that "music today sux xDdd!!1111" and that they're born in "le wrong generasciun" (not like we live in an era where most music from ANY generation is available for FREE. They just say it to pretend to be a special snowflake. Funny how they act so pretentious and shit but actually they're almost always super ignorant about music) when there is such stunning music produced every year.

Sorry for the rant.
It just irritates me so much when people can't even dig past the "top 40" stuff and yet they think their opinion about today's music matters in the least.

Last edited:
I've been listening to Pentagram and Angel Witch on and off for a couple days.

The National - song Bloodbuzz Ohio

part of my fascination is a hard-on for the singer in the video, i confess

Loving the new Melvins album. New Radiohead isn't terrible. As usual it takes a few listens to get into. Wu-tang on heavy rotation lately....not new but fuck you. ?

The new Pepper album is good for a relaxing smoke out session. Add some Supervillians in with my smoke up playlist and that's what I've been listening to lately.

brian jonestown massacre has been a band i supported since i discovered them

but i've been obsessed after watching documentary Dig!(its on youtube) a few times, it chronicles like 7 years of BJM and dandy warhols...it really focuses on the ugly part of touring and trying to break through

song i've been digging the most from them in miss june '75, droning acoustic/electrical guitars with sweet vocals and a video that focuses entirely on the sexual facial expressions of a sweet faced cutie from the 60s