What great band have you just discovered?

Bands I discovered or just finally paid attention and got around listening to (and liking) this year:

Against Me!

The Moldy Peaches

Mclusky

Minor Threat

Opeth

The Gathering

Within Temptation

Jack Off Jill

Joy Division

I'd say that The Moldy Peaches and Against Me! are my best finds by far, with Mclusky coming a close second with Minor Threat......

But yeah, Against Me! and Moldy Peaches are just two very different original bands thatstand out, and I love them immensely, they are probably in my top 20 all-time favourite bands!

I was browsing through Shoutcast servers and someone was playing Boards of Canada - I listened for a while, then went out and bought their whole catalogue - they are really really cool - great music for mellow tripping

Joanna Newsom and also White Magic. I can;t stop listening to Joanna, so quirky. She plays harp, harpsicord, piano and such, and sings too in a very unique sounding voice. I am obsessed with her now.

Why have I never heard of Explosions in the Sky outside of Bluelight? I totally dig them, but I find it odd, with all of the music junkie friends I have, and me being such an instrumental fiender...so weird...

A few months ago I ran across this one band...Built To Spill. Their album "Keep It A Secret" is amazing. Definitely psychedelic in it's own way. They're kinda like punk/acid/garage music...it's hard to explain.

Just adding two more bands I've discovered and think that everyone should check out:

The Mars Volta

Unearth

Two very awesome bands.

Pantomime7 said:
The Mars Volta
10,000,000 thumbs up
14.gif

The Go! Team, Volga and Rainstick Orchestra have been floating my boat over the last few few weeks.

speedy- is there any particular Opeth album you are into? I almost bought one the other day but I really haven't heard any of their stuff so I couldn't choose. Any suggestions?

This year i discovered the band Yes - really old but awesome rock
and Kizool, the latest album by opeth is the softest one by far, the rest are pretty heavy

AmorRoark said:
Thievery Corp
i am SO happy for you!!!! :):)

i love when i hear about someone who i know has good taste in music "discovering" a band/artist/whatever that i just loooove. what song did it for you? lebanese blonde did it for me.