• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What ever happened to PCP?

PCP is widely available here. Doesn't hurt DC is considered for atleast the last 30 years continuously to be the #1 area in US for usage. They did the study analyzing urine from recent lock ups during pretrial. I later learned the testing is not mandatory and unlawful except we without fail forfeit our rights but I digress!

Today, even with the abundance of new drugs; K2 and skooby doo etc which hit DC really bad over the last 10+ years, PCP has remained strong.

PCP has and will always be my drug of choice even after graduating to crakk and having about 18 months clean, when I go out with the homie for his meds I ask him to scoop the yams for me!

Most of the areas in the city still cranking have been so since I can remember first being introduced to dippers. Backyard Band (BYB) the most popular band, local musicians here and main vocalist known for "The Wire" had a song "Da Dippa" in late 90s.

I swear these side streets cranking must have the law on payroll because these are million $$$ spots that have existed for atleast 25 years just in my experience alone. And today, if they haven't been bulldozed and razed, they're still thumping!

We've always been street ghetto kids and only enjoyed PCP as dippers or sacks (PCP sprayed on mint or parley flakes) but 100% always liquid. No scientists or PhD's here just trying to burn one

Clear, yellow (gorilla piss), dark brown like Dr pepper whatever it didn't matter the color as long as the cigarette held it's color after dipped, we knew it was space boots time! You knew it was garbage if the cig dried up fast and turned yellowish, green.

Today the few cats that are aware of my transition support me on leaving the dipper and settling for crack. I thought this was weird but I recall when I first began with crack most the old heads told me they once preferred dippers too but now won't touch it and only smoked yams.

I had no idea looking at them, I was looking into my future.

Last edited:
PCP itself is reported quite a bit different from 3-MeO-PCP, it's much more dopaminergic and from what I tend to hear, a lot more euphoric and recreational.

I don't know about euphoric. I always had a feeling of being poisoned when I was on it. It's certainly different from 3-MeO-PCP, or ketamine or methoxetamine for that matter. The most intense dissociative trip I've ever had was on PCP. It felt legitimately like a dream. Like a K-hole but wackier, and you're much more mobile. I often felt like I was going to die when I took enough ketamine (in an almost matter-of-fact way), but on that much PCP I thought I had truly lost my mind. I remember I took my wallet, keys, etc. out of my pockets and gave it to a friend because I was so messed up that I didn't trust myself with anything. That's the only time I've ever done that.

As said previously, PCP always felt a little icky after... and also during.

It wasn't so bad when it was in pills, usually sold as "THC". The dosage was standardized then. Just a little too much felt crappy, so powder PCP was just asking for it.

It was an anesthetic which did not sedate/relax your body. You could be checked out completely with your body still walking around. That's why it fell out of favor as a medical anesthetic.

I do remember that a very small amount would potentiate alcohol immensely. If you did a little more, and did any drinking which was not very careful, you would be on the bathroom floor spinning and yaking.

@Xorkoth enlighten us plz xorkoth, you must know abt this topic in particular.
Umm. … okay. … Wow, @Xorkoth you have a fun club it seems, huh?

Apparently it's still around, but it seems to be almost exclusively a "ghetto" kind of drug. I have never heard of anyone I know doing any unless they went to the hood to get it.
This is so true and also completely mind-bending if you stop to consider the difficulty of arylcyclohexylamine synthesis.

Never seen it anywhere but I regularly hear about it in those places, and continue to see mentions of it.
Yep, that's the only place I have ever been able to source it save for one time I found a vendor not on any DNM, but just running a service, sold grams of PCP and PCE only. Wish I could still contact that person for that service… only got to use it once. But that was nice, because otherwise the PCP I get is already applied to mint leaves unless I buy an expensive bottle full of the fluid to make dippers from… GODDAMN is that stuff ever 1.) wretched smelling in all the chemical ways, 2.) potent as a motherfucker. Easily among the most profound drug experiences I've had have been on PCP. To be fair, I've had equally profound experiences on 3-HO-PCP as well.

I hope to get some one day, I am sure I would really enjoy it. But I would only do it if I could get pure PCP powder and knew my dose... 5-7mg is all you need, it's extremely potent. Smoking an unmeasured amount on a dipped cigarette is a great way to take WAY too much. And that's the main reason why there are so many horror stories, people are smoking unknown amounts of it.
No, the route of administration has very little to do with it, in my opinion. I think it's because it's a powerful drug, but let's keep in mind a few things… first, the vast majority of ppl do not freak out on PCP. You only hear about the bad cases on the news, but have no clue about the thousands of times it gets used with no problems.

And you typically need a little more than 5-7 mg. Also, when you're smoking it, the effects manifest very rapidly. If you find yourself becoming completely angel-dusted, stop hitting the dipper. It's easy and honestly a good way to use it.

That, and it's a very strong, disorienting dissociative that is also stimulating and dopaminergic.
And also a n-methyl-d-aspartate receptor antagonist.

Though that sounds super fun in a controlled setting, it's a recipe for disaster if you're not really careful and knowing exactly how much you're taking.
This is true of a lot of potent drugs. And it is super fun. Set and setting of course are still important. And if mental health issues run rampant in your family, maybe avoid this one. Otherwise, rumors of PCP being so dangerous are ridiculous.

Based on what you guys say it seems there is probably just one or very few labs making pcp and it's probably in DC. Interesting to think a drug like this can sustain so much slander and somewhere a handful of people are keeping it going and have been for decades.

i personally love PCP, if kept below the 15mg/24h thresshold. I won't do it unless I can find crystal and accurately measure my dose. It is a wonderfully fun and stimulating dissociative in the 10-15mg range.
really a party in a bowl if there ever was one, like ketamine and cocaine you smoke that lasts 8 hours. I really enjoy it in that context, however it is ofc easy to get crazy with the redosing and if you get into high range, as people note-
shit gets wild. the level of NMDA antagonism alongiside dopamine agonism is REALLY strong and you genuinely do not know wtf you are doing. i once tore a hip muscle jogging on it and ended up on a cane for several years in the aftermath.
at the right dose, it's amazing. highly dangerous otherwise.... would maaaaaaybe do it again but I would be extreeeeeemely cautious about it.

I've only consumed PCP once, angel dust, vaped off of foil. I don't remember much since I was on tremendous amounts of nordiazepam (about 18 years ago or so a bluelighter by the name of sputnik ordered a kilo of nordiazepam and it got circulated around -- it ended badly for alot of people). In any event, all I remember was smoking it, my vision becoming choppy as if things were frame by frame, and my body becoming numb. I ended up losing the keys to my apartment, which was on the top floor of a building. So i got the bright idea that if i got on the roof, i could jump onto my balcony and get inside. It didn't end so well, I shattered my ankle in a gruesome fashion, the police showed up, it was a whole ordeal (plus my balcony that i thought was open was actually locked, the cops ended up kicking in my front door). Not sure if the PCP was to blame, I might have done it just because of the benzo bravado alone, but the PCP might have given the illusion that the balcony was closer than it actually was.

I've only consumed PCP once, angel dust, vaped off of foil. I don't remember much since I was on tremendous amounts of nordiazepam (about 18 years ago or so a bluelighter by the name of sputnik ordered a kilo of nordiazepam and it got circulated around -- it ended badly for alot of people). In any event, all I remember was smoking it, my vision becoming choppy as if things were frame by frame, and my body becoming numb. I ended up losing the keys to my apartment, which was on the top floor of a building. So i got the bright idea that if i got on the roof, i could jump onto my balcony and get inside. It didn't end so well, I shattered my ankle in a gruesome fashion, the police showed up, it was a whole ordeal (plus my balcony that i thought was open was actually locked, the cops ended up kicking in my front door). Not sure if the PCP was to blame, I might have done it just because of the benzo bravado alone, but the PCP might have given the illusion that the balcony was closer than it actually was.
i can 100% see how that could happen. It definitely increases bravado on it's own, and confusion, same as the benzos but with a real stimulant zing. I can imagine it all seemed like a perfect idea at the time. also - nordiazepam sounds like a mess. just read the wiki. seems like it could have such a wide variety of effect depending on what else you're taking with it, mixed w the super long half life. oof. kilo. ill bet that was sloppy af

VICE did a long read on PCP last year. Someone already posted in to the forum, but it turned into such a long thread that it got buried.

What's interesting to me is that while PCP is regional in the US, in the places where it's popular, it's REALLY popular. The data on recent seizures is insane and indicates that PCP prevalence is much higher than most would believe.

I do think that if analogues such as 3-MeO-PCP weren't so popular among the RC crowd, the original PCP would be much more popular. DXM, is very similar too. I guess for most people, the original isn't different enough to warrant seeking it out; especially considering many PCP hotspots are places you wouldn't want to go unless you already had connections there.

I am experienced with most of the legal dissociatives and would love to get to know real PCP but so far no success. I'm living outside of the USA and in the drug people I've known mostly didn't even know ketamine was a thing or then saw it as a weird phenomenon of some people being fascinated by horse tranquilizers, lol. Also even in the darknet markets the category PCP usually only contains 3-MeO-PCP.

i can 100% see how that could happen. It definitely increases bravado on it's own,
Not in my experience. It tends to make me more likely to question myself in roughly the same manner as a strong cannabis high does. That's really what it's like to me: being really, really stoned off my ass.

and confusion, same as the benzos but with a real stimulant zing.
That doesn't make sense on so many levels, plus it's just not accurate. There's no "real stimulant zing" to PCP. The shit is dissociating and dreamlike. I find music to be particularly engaging and entrancing.

I can imagine it all seemed like a perfect idea at the time. also - nordiazepam sounds like a mess. just read the wiki. seems like it could have such a wide variety of effect depending on what else you're taking with it, mixed w the super long half life. oof. kilo. ill bet that was sloppy af
I'm guessing the benzo had a lot to do with removing inhibition from our pal, @negrogesic. There's also this certain degree of pharmaceutical determination and self-fulfilling prophecy. Or i.e., because a person believes a certain drug works a certain way they sort of psych themselves into having a particular reaction to it, regardless of how the drug really hits them. No one is impervious to this either, even being aware of the phenomenon.

I do think that if analogues such as 3-MeO-PCP weren't so popular among the RC crowd, the original PCP would be much more popular.
I doubt it would be that big of a difference because for the most part you're talking about two different demographics with very little overlap. In other words, those using RC dissos like 3-HO-PCP, 3-MeO-PCP, and 3-x-PCE do not have the connections to acquire the parent compound (PCP) and it isn't distributed ordinarily through the dark net markets, and meanwhile those in the hood with access to proper dippers and such aren't exactly the Research Chemical market's target demo.

DXM, is very similar too.
Not exactly. DXM tends not to be very popular and most ppl who try it in a large enough "recreational" dose discover they don't care for the effects. That's why you can still acquire it freely over-the-counter as an anti-tussic. It's recreational potential is seriously hampered by unwanted side-effects such as a general dysphoria, anxiogenesis, etc…DXM's acquisition is thus easy and both its value and demand in the marketplace are quite low.

DXM also isn't typically smoked, and this RoA is very important to certain users, you know…

I guess for most people, the original isn't different enough to warrant seeking it out; especially considering many PCP hotspots are places you wouldn't want to go unless you already had connections there.
The second point is very valid, and its poor reputation doesn't help, but there are certainly some fairly significant differences in my opinion.

Interesting article; thanks for sharing it :)

Funny enough, I recently took some 3F-PCP (as in an hour ago) and mistakenly took more than i bargained for. I have been experimenting with 3F-PCP for therapeutic/creative purposes, but it is finicky stuff. I took ~25mg sublingually in hopes it would boost my creativity, I sat down at the piano and it started working and it felt quite mild (which used to be a fairly

In any event I took more, which was a mistake. Accidentally took a psychedelic dose, now negrogesic tripping balls trying to figure out how to abort this trip. Took 800mg of L-theanine sublingually but it isn't goijng to overpower 60mg of 3F-PCP.

*note to self: never exceed 25mg of this

Very confusing. Great drug at low doses, horrible drug at high doses

Not in my experience. It tends to make me more likely to question myself in roughly the same manner as a strong cannabis high does. That's really what it's like to me: being really, really stoned off my ass.

That doesn't make sense on so many levels, plus it's just not accurate. There's no "real stimulant zing" to PCP. The shit is dissociating and dreamlike. I find music to be particularly engaging and entrancing.

I'm guessing the benzo had a lot to do with removing inhibition from our pal, @negrogesic. There's also this certain degree of pharmaceutical determination and self-fulfilling prophecy. Or i.e., because a person believes a certain drug works a certain way they sort of psych themselves into having a particular reaction to it, regardless of how the drug really hits them. No one is impervious to this either, even being aware of the phenomenon.

I doubt it would be that big of a difference because for the most part you're talking about two different demographics with very little overlap. In other words, those using RC dissos like 3-HO-PCP, 3-MeO-PCP, and 3-x-PCE do not have the connections to acquire the parent compound (PCP) and it isn't distributed ordinarily through the dark net markets, and meanwhile those in the hood with access to proper dippers and such aren't exactly the Research Chemical market's target demo.

Not exactly. DXM tends not to be very popular and most ppl who try it in a large enough "recreational" dose discover they don't care for the effects. That's why you can still acquire it freely over-the-counter as an anti-tussic. It's recreational potential is seriously hampered by unwanted side-effects such as a general dysphoria, anxiogenesis, etc…DXM's acquisition is thus easy and both its value and demand in the marketplace are quite low.

DXM also isn't typically smoked, and this RoA is very important to certain users, you know…

The second point is very valid, and its poor reputation doesn't help, but there are certainly some fairly significant differences in my opinion.

Interesting article; thanks for sharing it :)
Interesting you don’t find it stimulating. I find it distinctly stimulating.

Funny enough, I recently took some 3F-PCP (as in an hour ago) and mistakenly took more than i bargained for. I have been experimenting with 3F-PCP for therapeutic/creative purposes, but it is finicky stuff. I took ~25mg sublingually in hopes it would boost my creativity, I sat down at the piano and it started working and it felt quite mild (which used to be a fairly
I think you accidentally a word there ;)

In any event I took more, which was a mistake. Accidentally took a psychedelic dose, now negrogesic tripping balls trying to figure out how to abort this trip. Took 800mg of L-theanine sublingually but it isn't goijng to overpower 60mg of 3F-PCP.

*note to self: never exceed 25mg of this

Very confusing. Great drug at low doses, horrible drug at high doses
Ooh, sorry, that sucks ass. You might have to just ride this one out. Smoke weed, keep your renal pH low and keep fluids moving through you. That should help flush it out. Maybe smoke some weed and/or put on some chill music. I'm gonna say put on either Madvillain's Madvillainny or OK Computer by Radiohead.

Or maybe Radiodread (OK Computer) by the Easy Star All-Stars.