• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What drugs give you a rush u can only get from IV?

Cocaine is completely different IVd than snorted or smoked. There is no comparison. The way IV coke feels is nothing near what it felt when I had sniffed it. The rush hits you within seconds, you feel an amazing but almost scary rush that leaves you drooling. That's how one can empty out their bank accounts in record time...

IME:
THC/ CBD do bring on a minor , 30 second- 1 minute relaxing rush when iv'd. The compound feels entirely different then edible or smoked cannabis.
Cocaine: The only way I will use cocaine is via IV, the drug is far more relaxing when shot, the rush it produces is also rather unique. You will end up going through your entire bag though.
Ketamine: Slightly different then cocaine and thc in the sense that it produces a strong rush however feels exactly like it would if large doses were ingested intranasally. The rush however, still makes IV the go to route for k, if not then IM is next. I will rarely "waste" ketamine by snorting it unless absolutley necessary.
PCP: The rush is subtle and somewhat similar to K, just not as intense. I find myself chasing the rush although the high is far to intense. You end up losing track of veins, far too high to be playing with needles but too caught up in the chase. IV PCP should be done with a sitter, hands down.
MXE; similar to PCP in terms of the rush however it is slightly more prodominent in MXE, it's a hit or miss and will leave you chasing the high for hours. I find that IV MXE is harder to hole on, even in massive quantities.
Bupe; there is a rush however it is so minor that many would call it a placebo. this also messes with the halflife.
MDMA: The rush is oddly enough not much more then feeling instantly high. I assume that if tried in multiple sets and settings that I would find this to be a different story as amphetamine based rushes seem to alter somewhat drastically from one shot to the next.
aco-dmt: Feels like smoking a bowl of dmt in one hit and then being right at the peek of your trip for 4-8 hours
2cb: a bubbly intense rush comes on somewhat similar to DMT followed by intense visuals. Opposed to snorted or orally ingested 2cb IV is superior based on the lack of negative side effects expirienced. This can also be said for MDMA and Cocaine.
Lidocaine: Very little rush, something to shoot when you have nothing else, much lighter on the veins, strong drip in back of throat, unique in the sense that you can snort rails of the substance and feel next to nothing however shooting a few shots will have you feeling rather nice.
I think that's all I got.

That's easy Tapentadol(Nucynta) ! Eating that shit does nothing but make you nod with no euphoria but shooting it gives you a rush and for some strange reason makes your teeth have a cold feeling shoot through them. I did it multiple times when I had nothing better but I would assume it's probably very bad for you because I haven't read to many people doing it!

IV methamphetamine will definitely leave you "walking on sunshine". That was the one drug that, once I tried it, IVing became the only ROA.

IV heroin, good too of course. IV BTH, though...I don't know, it wasn't so good that I still didn't regularly smoke as an ROA.

IV cocaine...legendary rush but no legs. No good unless you want to be sticking a needle in yourself every five minutes or so.

Those are the only ones I have experience with

IV cocaine: As everybody has mentioned... Totally different drug iv'd. I would recommend it... No I wouldn't jk... Haha don't try it unless the normal 5 minute half life is too long for your liking haha

I used to think I got a rush from smoking marijuana, but alas it was just carbon monoxide slowly killing my brain cells.

Haha not I meant. Smoking weed doesn't really do all that much damageto the brain. However holding in smoke from weed or any combusted material for extreme lengths of time ( like 30 seconds) will give a rush but it's due to lack of oxygen called hypoxia. I used to do this back in my middle school days to try and get as high as possible off dirt weed. Turns out the Rush was just from me needing to breath. Almost passed out twice. Oh the good ol days

Holding your breath for 30 seconds isn't really that long, certainly not hypoxia-worthy.

To some of the posters: how do you IV THC? THC is insoluble in water unless you use very basic solutions, which you shouldn't do...

IV MDMA is intense, very intense. wth just 50-100mg of a good mdma you will have the more blistfull experince of your life for about 30 mins and then it will slowly leave you.
But those first 30 minutes cant compare with anything else. It hits you like a ton of bricks. Absolute nirvana. Eyes roll back, everything becomes white and you stay there with the mouth open and just enjoying it. MDMA IV is nothing like taking orrally. You cant do it and go clubbing, you wont even be able to sit up. But the rush is unbelievable.

Holding your breath for 30 seconds isn't really that long, certainly not hypoxia-worthy.

To some of the posters: how do you IV THC? THC is insoluble in water unless you use very basic solutions, which you shouldn't do...
While yes, holding a breath of air for 30 seconds would bring you no where near hypoxia, consider inhaling carbon monoxide and dioxide rich smoke full of other non-oxygen components. Smoke contains very little oxygen. Holding in smoke for a considerable amount of time, even less than 30 seconds, can lead to a rush due to hypoxia. This is a well documented medical fact.

THC readily dissolves in ethanol alcohol. This can be injected straight into the blood stream and some anecdotal reports state that it leads to a mellow, yet slightly nauseous THC high.
I don't think I'd try this but it is possible.

IV coke is incredible as many people mentioned but the thread title is a drug you can only get a rush from using IV,well I've smoked crack and had some ringers if that wasn't a rush I don't know what is!!!!

IV coke is incredible as many people mentioned but the thread title is a drug you can only get a rush from using IV,well I've smoked crack and had some ringers if that wasn't a rush I don't know what is!!!!
I'd have to agree with that. I have tried crack a handful of times and it has literally knocked me off my feet. Like I feel down it hit he so quick and hard.

That's easy Tapentadol(Nucynta) ! Eating that shit does nothing but make you nod with no euphoria but shooting it gives you a rush and for some strange reason makes your teeth have a cold feeling shoot through them. I did it multiple times when I had nothing better but I would assume it's probably very bad for you because I haven't read to many people doing it!

Glad someone else appreciates tapentadol . The rush is insane - strong menthol feel in mouth and butt , giving to a strong opiate buzz . Opiate naive around 200 mgs would get me nodding . I must have liked them - did something like +300 pills and was up to 750 mgs a day at my worst .

I think what turns people off is the weird feel in the beginning . It is dissociative , confusing ,and a tiny bit dysphoric . If you continue to do it though , it gets very pleasureable (and compulsive) as the bad effects go away , overwhelmed by the good ones . It is almost coke like , and it probably has something to do with the sigma-1 receptor affinity .

If you taste the solution it burns the lips . It is either very very bitter , or very acidic . I think the first , as it does not react when baking soda was added to buffer PH. It must just be the taste of the drug .

It is terrible for the veins and feels like the veins harden or something . If you do it for a few days you will get a scar that gets raised and rough around the edges that stays until you stop . It is compulsive enough you won't care.

IV coke is #2 , it is insane .

#3 is MXE . Probably my favorite rush .

-lenses

Dude don't knock those mouth and butt feels. Physical cues like that are often important signs of a drug "working" at the very least they will strengthen your perception of your dose. As in "Oh this line of really good coke has got me wanting to take a shit". Good coke does that. It's a good feeling. The shit's are glorious as I'm sure someone else here must know.

I've been an I.V drug user for 10 years, off and on of course.
I've I.V.'d just about 85% of the classes. but ill only contribute my novel experiences:
Tianeptine sodium: went on a 2-3 week binge / experiment used about 17 grams total, 90% or more was used I.V. At the time I had been taking kratom for around 18 months so the fact that I didn't take kratom those 3 weeks shows Tianeptine's ability to "hold" a person from withdrawl quite well. However, like tapentadol, which I've no experience with, Tianeptine is awfully hard on the veins. If one is going to do it get a hold of a 3 cc rig other wise you'll be doing 2-3 shots in rapid succession at like 65 mg's per 1 cc. This will give you a dilaudid like rush. I ended up forming a superficial blood clot because I already have vein damage and decided to just dedicate one vein to Tianept. for this "non polar" / not quite isotonic type solutions I've read you want the largest vein with the most rapid blood flow you can find. After you register you adjust your tourniquet so as to keep some reverse pressure in the needle, then as you push your shot your going to simultaneously gradually untie and release pressure. This is one where you DO NOT want to MISS ONE DROP outside the vein. Don't both with small veins unless its just 1 cc 50 mg shot. At the maximum load in 1 cc (100 mgs+ say) Ph will top out at 9-9.5. The blood clot I got was after considerable cumulative dosing in the same vein, and it was superficial meaning the E.R. didn't feel it necessary to prescribe anything and that it would dissipate on its own. He told me it's mainly larger deep vein clots that are big enough to cause pulmonary embolism (death). I don't think I collapsed any of my veins on this binge, maybe some small runs in my hand.

Dilaudid: Shot my fair share of the D's. To the point where they don't do what they used to to me. Something like 10X stronger when you I.V. it. not worth taking in any other ROA for people w/ opiod tolerance.

Dmt (n-,n) I don't think there is a "rush" with I.V. psychs. more just a rapid/instantaneous come up and peak. I get to the I.V. experience at the end. A good friend came over on valentines day and showed me some DMT he had been practicing extracting. It looked good enough to be a picture on erowid. light yellow crystalline structures. I took a 100 mg bong hit and broke through for my second time (I consider dmt special and only take it when it is offered by certain people, I do not seek it/ buy it) The last time I had done DMT was 5 years prior. After having a very controllable 30 minute DMT trip, half of it asking the universe to show me how to throw knives better (a hobby of mine). My friend left me a small amount, maybe 36 mg's or so (eyeballed but I'm def within 10 mgs). I read up on IV prep of organic base extracted dmt, what I had, and that it would only solute in water cleanly if the person who made it followed all proper procedures (and had practice a few runs too probably) to remove impurities / solvents. So long story short, the Dmt must have been above 95% pure or so because it took no heat or any heavy stirring for it to solute. I was not intending to trip again on DMT, and so as such I didn't even wait til I was fully down to baseline from the 100mg bong hit I took about 90-120 minutes prior. I believe DMT has some acute tolerance building where one needs to wait a few hours between "breaking through", that is why I took the dose when I did, not really wanting its full effects. So of course I did feel the DMT instantly, and it is definitely something I'll try again when I'm actually ready to trip. I plan to be laying in bed while I actually fire it, I've heard stories of people going through there whole DMT trip with the needle still stuck wherever. The only reason I can see someone doing this other than novelty is to maybe maximize their BOA of their substance therefor making it last longer. What I did was more so done so I could inform my friend that his labors bore good fruit.

Foot note: I.V. coke + heroin together (aka the speedball) is what absolutely destroyed me at a young age. Any of the inherently addictive substances; amphetamines and meth, cocaine, opiates, when I.V.'d take your addiction to a whole another level. Basically if you wanna use needles with those drugs you need to understand that you might lose your life, physically, mentally, or spiritually.
/ PSA

Edited like a zillion times cuz amps.

Last edited:
drugs that give a unique rush that can only be attained intravenously as opposed to say, rectal administration or intramuscular injection....

Definitely Heroin, Meth, Cocaine, Dilaudid and Oxymorphone.

Yes you can argue all these drugs produce something akin to a rush through other ROA's but can you get a bell ringer from plugging coke? NO, you can from smoking it but its not the same, and Id rather muscle heroin than plug it, and when it comes to meth, the only way to get that crazy ass rush where you get shutter vision and think your on acid is to slam it

Coke, first off, I took a shot while laying down and did not even get it finished when I felt the entire room shaking and uncontrollably sat straight up, just like Mia in Pulp fiction, followed by loss of hearing and vision similar to that of a strobe light. I had to crawl on my hands and knees to the bathroom to control the vommiting. I has never felt that rush with any other MOA. Also, my favorite rush is with meth IV. The cough that takes away your breath, the "cut throat" burning feel, panties becoming soaking wet, and the oh shit as every hair on my body stands up is the most intense aND pleasurable IV rush ever

Last edited by a moderator: