• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids What dose should an opiate taper finish at

I’m on .25g a day down from 1g of heroin. So stopped methadone totally due to I struggle to reduce and half life.
I got diagnosed with copd so won’t smoke anything. Put my life back together while stable on methadone for year. Got job and family. Now doing quick reduction before starting new job.
Am taking 0.25g of heroin a day. Either I take .12g at 7am and 7pm.
Or this weekend I’m trying same amount but split 3 ways ie: .08g every 8 hours. Gunna see how get used to it over weekend before back to work Monday. This is all taken iv by way.
How fast from experience do people think I will be able to reduce it?

Just so you know, slang term 'meth' is synonymous with methamphetamine in most places these days. Gear can mean pretty much anything.

My friend knocked on my bedroom door once when I was like 19, casually asked me for meth - she was a bit of a square, but I figured she was looking to party and I just so happened to have a little bit of crystal, but as I'm reaching for it she mentions that they're having a fire in the backyard and I realised she was after methylated spirits (denatured alcohol to Americans) to get the flames going.. almost an awkward situation.

Now I try to avoid slang :LOL:

What do people think reducing, on .24g a day split to 0.08g every 8 hours. Been addicted 10 years. Should I reduce by 0.01 a day for 24 days? Will I be functional?
Or should I drop more say 25% then take five days to get used to it? What’s best way.
Have hand full of diaz and codiene phosphate to help when gets too much

Do I keep dropping each day even hthough feel Bad for ast hour or do I stabilise for three days then drop again

Do I keep dropping each day even hthough feel Bad for ast hour or do I stabilise for three days then drop again
split your dose up into more smaller doses so you feel mildy uncomfortable at all times not just the last hour

Sounds like I need your advice, used for six years 60mils meth and .5g heroin twice week. Decided couldn’t taper on meth so currently am taking 10mls meth and have reduced my heroin use to 0.1 iv at 7am and 7pm. Planning to reduce to 0.08 this week 0.06 next then 0.04 week after. I can handle being ill more if got a shot at end of it. Gets me through work. Any advice? It’s hard splitting b at that size but got scales and bought 3G of same gear.
I'm currently on methadone programe daily pick ups 50 ml I sometimes find myself buying 2 or 3 bags in the morning then in the afternoon I can use the meth to hold me today is the first day I've honestly only had methadone it's not kicked in yet still a long day ahead though

I'm currently on methadone programe daily pick ups 50 ml I sometimes find myself buying 2 or 3 bags in the morning then in the afternoon I can use the meth to hold me today is the first day I've honestly only had methadone it's not kicked in yet still a long day ahead though
I switched to heroin with no methadone for 2 weeks to get my habit down, due to half life of heroin I found it easier to reduce on heroin, I’m now switching back to methadone, 30mls a day rather than 80, for me that’s hard part, do u mean the rattle not kicked in yet?

I switched to heroin with no methadone for 2 weeks to get my habit down, due to half life of heroin I found it easier to reduce on heroin, I’m now switching back to methadone, 30mls a day rather than 80, for me that’s hard part, do u mean the rattle not kicked in yet?
No I meant a long day to not have heroin I had the methadone but not heroin however I can reveal I did get some heroin not much just a little sorted in smoking it now I feel kind of bad for giving in and not just sticking to methadone only on well tomorrow is another day

I'm the opposite rug1 I switched(well attempted to)to methadone to cut down over time because I find heroin to compulsive and addictive(no shut lol) I found out that I am actually addicted more to the rush off smoking off of foil the ritual, the taste the aroma etc I find this more of just as addictive as the actual drug which is why I still get cravings even on methadone

where you from usa?

It should finish at whatever dose you feel comfortable with. There is no great secret.