• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids What dose should an opiate taper finish at

Branggen

Bluelighter
How low would one want to go before stopping all together, and how would you recommend splitting doses. Personally i'm tapering morphine but you can use whatever opiate your used to and I can convert, just interested on peoples thoughts on the subject. Obviously you want to get as low as possible but trying to get under 10mg how would you dose these low amounts so that it lasted an entire day? For background on my addiction I was taking high doses (100mg methadone+heroin) and I started about 6 years ago, currently at 20mg morphine

The only opiate i've ever tapered is kratom, and that's not a problem when it comes to dose splitting since it comes in powder form. I don't think kratom has a long half so making it last all day was kind of tricky and I had to split my doses into four times a day increments.

When I tapered down from 40 grams a day of kratom I got as low as maybe ~4 grams a day when I jumped off. It was completely painless, until the PAWS set it anyway.

The dose that doesn't have hardly any wd I have done it last month I cut down to nil got someone to hold my stash and give me less and less I had to let myself wd for a bit at the start to reduce my tolerance and start me off at a low dose (half gram) I am now down to less than an eight worth of a ten bag

The only opiate i've ever tapered is kratom, and that's not a problem when it comes to dose splitting since it comes in powder form. I don't think kratom has a long half so making it last all day was kind of tricky and I had to split my doses into four times a day increments.

When I tapered down from 40 grams a day of kratom I got as low as maybe ~4 grams a day when I jumped off. It was completely painless, until the PAWS set it anyway.
Btw did you ever get any noticeable full on effects euphoria, sedation etc on kratom that were similar or stronger in some instances I'm just wondering Because I used to take Martin and remember thinking it felt like a normal opiate just with some bars decreased but other bars being increased more as a result same strength different genetic make up

I don't know if I'm a hundred percent making sense I have been drinking beer and smoking smack all day I have a few lines left for after my spliff I finally found a beer I like the taste of and can comfortably get a buzz from and it makes the gear at least twice as strong less needed to nod etc

Good on you for decreasing your dose.

I used to get damn good opiate euphoria and muscle relaxation from kratom but those days are long gone. I can't feel anything from it now no matter how much I take, in general it's a pretty shitty drug unless used only in special occasions.

I don't know if I'm a hundred percent making sense I have been drinking beer and smoking smack all day
I am now down to less than an eight worth of a ten bag
Did you relapse or how are you smoking it all day when you are only taking 1/8 a 10 bag?

When you were taking that small amount per day was it all at once?

I don't know if I'm a hundred percent making sense I have been drinking beer and smoking smack all day I have a few lines left for after my spliff I finally found a beer I like the taste of and can comfortably get a buzz from and it makes the gear at least twice as strong less needed to nod etc
i missed u PETE, let's go smoke some DMT with hezman now thatyou're back. OT: BRanggen, i've dropped from 40mg before, i don't think the dose matters at this point. What you need is some comfort meds to aid you with the discomfort. You're almost there brother :p

i missed u PETE, let's go smoke some DMT with hezman now thatyou're back. OT: BRanggen, i've dropped from 40mg before, i don't think the dose matters at this point. What you need is some comfort meds to aid you with the discomfort. You're almost there brother :p
Thats good to hear, I still think going down as low as possible would be good. I tapered of valium a couple years ago and I had basically no withdrawals at the end I think because I went down by like 1mg/week or something for the last 10mg down to 1mg a day at the end. I dont think that shock to the system of a final drop is necessarily a good thing, I dont know if it can be avoided with how bad my opiate addiction was either though. As for the comfort meds Ive got lots of valium gabapentins dph kratom tylenol so I think Im pretty set, I think it would be pretty cool if I managed to not take anything but im not against it either.

And yea man im excited, its weird going from sick and feeling kind of shitty for a few days or a week when you drop the dose and then to happy as you get used to it and realise you are a step closer, been over a year of this painful/exciting taper but I dont want to speed through the end to fast cause I think the slower I go the less PAWS

What are your guys opinions on the minimum dose of morphine needed to actually feel anything, im not talking euphoria, just anything at all different from before taking the med

What are your guys opinions on the minimum dose of morphine needed to actually feel anything, im not talking euphoria, just anything at all different from before taking the med
you taking 20mg morphine orally?

yea, I have 24hour extended release pills and have been taking 10mg twice a day.
@nznity
bro....that's like 3mg twice a day actually...the bioavailability from pills is shitty, around 30%. I jumped from 40mg IV once a day, it was somewhat rough but in 5 days i was good enough to go to work and i didn't know about pentin in those times. You should jump already man, ttrust me. :p

bro....that's like 3mg twice a day actually...the bioavailability from pills is shitty, around 30%. I jumped from 40mg IV once a day, it was somewhat rough but in 5 days i was good enough to go to work and i didn't know about pentin in those times. You should jump already man, ttrust me. :p
Were you doing it around the clock before you went down to 40mg a day? I think if I were taking 20mg all at once of IR during the day I would actually have a lower tolerance in a sense because I would be sick for like 75% of every day and my natural endorphin systems would have to do something about it whereas this way with ER I always have about the same amount in my blood

Were you doing it around the clock before you went down to 40mg a day? I think if I were taking 20mg all at once of IR during the day I would actually have a lower tolerance in a sense because I would be sick for like 75% of every day and my natural endorphin systems would have to do something about it whereas this way with ER I always have about the same amount in my blood
i would sometimes go 2-3 days without it and take loperamide be sick as fuck then relief. I'd estimate 50% of the time i was sick. But yeah man ur tolerance is low enough to drop all at once. Btw I shot up for 2 years everyday before i quit.

I've relapsed today but only today I know I won't be able to get anything else for a few days as I'm skint and I don't ask for fronts anymore today though I got a really good offer I couldn't refuse half an egg+ (1.75 grams) of some good shit I could well half of it for 40 which I still have make a profit and have the other half to myself no one comes to me anymore though because I was going through hard times and well sold some chocolate as h they don't know I did it on purpose though I even sorted a few of my regulars out because I felt bad for them anyway I'm so done with this lifestyle I just want to quit so I can start slinging and making money without worrying about smoking all the profit(and debt) I stopped posting about my life though because I'm tired of people on here calling me a liar when I'm not sure I might have an obvious joke but that's it I don't even joke anymore though because I know some more would love an excuse to ban me for a year (my last ban was a month it only ended the other day feels like I've been released from prison back into the bluelight community s revolving doors I have changed though I've just reached the age irl where life is just more serious and I can't get away with acting immature like I used to man I miss being a kid

Did you relapse or how are you smoking it all day when you are only taking 1/8 a 10 bag?

When you were taking that small amount per day was it all at once?
I was treating myself and using the alcohol to enhance the heroin meaning I barely needed half my normal dose and it was stronger than usual nodding all over the fucker

Wow just picked up a fat egg all in rocks and is strong to stronger then it should be for the price I have been waiting since 9 am clucking its not 6 pm my guy just arrived apologised I was like "gear" he tried to make small talk me: "my fix bro" him: You got a fag me "my fucking fix!!" I think hejust teasing me not in a dick way just banter ive known him since school anyway just wish I could share some of this with you guys who are struggling heck id even chuck zb a line only a line though

The dose that doesn't have hardly any wd I have done it last month I cut down to nil got someone to hold my stash and give me less and less I had to let myself wd for a bit at the start to reduce my tolerance and start me off at a low dose (half gram) I am now down to less than an eight worth of a ten bag
Sounds like I need your advice, used for six years 60mils meth and .5g heroin twice week. Decided couldn’t taper on meth so currently am taking 10mls meth and have reduced my heroin use to 0.1 iv at 7am and 7pm. Planning to reduce to 0.08 this week 0.06 next then 0.04 week after. I can handle being ill more if got a shot at end of it. Gets me through work. Any advice? It’s hard splitting b at that size but got scales and bought 3G of same gear.