• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What does the post-roll depression feel like?

i would describe it as an existential crisis. Everything seems pointless. You might not feel like killing yourself or w/e, but it might feel there is just no point to putting any emotional investment into anything.

It can also be difficult to concentrate on being productive.

this !

After a strong roll, I experience some degree of flat affect (lack of emotion) and anhedonia (the absence of pleasure or the ability to experience it). It has never been stressful for me, just seems as if the life has been sucked out of me for a few days.

How long is a crash supposed to last? Cuz it's been 2 weeks for me and out of the 6 other people who did it with me, 3 say they still feel like shit. Is this normal??

How often have you been using?

The more frequently you use, the longer the depression/low-period lasts. It's a direct chemical result of releasing serotonin in the amounts that MDMA does. 2 - 3 weeks is normal for some people, not always and not everyone, but it happens. It's more common for depression to last that long after repetitive use in my experience (even a few weekends in a row).

Well we rolled on Molly 2 nights in a row. I had done half a strong E pill 3 weeks prior and had rolled twice on that same Ecastacy a week before that.

I never had a crash until this time so I'm almost wondering if maybe the Molly quality wasn't that great...

The 3 others who feel like shit still today had done even less than I had in the month prior to rolling 2ce on that Molly 2 weeks ago...

Self hate.

Paranoia.

Shame.

Why live? Why bother?

Everything you say or have said is stupid, so why speak?

Everything you have done has been laughed about behind your back.

You're useless. Why try? You'll always fail.

Where is your life going? Where has your life been? No where. Fuck it.

^ This. spot on

i get this from mephedrone as well. very intense feelings described above. its fucking horrible

When I used to do it, I'd always make sure the people I was doing it with, and myself were together for the come down.. cannibas was our best friend and typically always went out to eat together the day after when our hunger cravings returned. The first time I ever did it was with a girl I like, and she had a boyfriend at the time.. and we connected on a super deep level and after that night that feeling of being loved and connected with someone was torn away from me. I seriously sat and stared at the ceiling in my room for 3 hours -- and sat in the bathtub in the dark for over 2 hours just listening to music and sulking in my head.

I've abused it too much in a short period of time, and I'm done with it.. I still feel like I'm recovering from the effects of it even since it's been 3 months since I've done it last.

That sounds sooo similar to my story, the first time I "really" rolled was with a girl I had been trying to get with for a while, and it didn't happen that night due to outside circumstances, and after she left and I came down (mind you these were meth/mdma rolls so the comedown was ROUGH) i just sat in the bathtub for an hour and cried. It was like all hope in the world was gone and there was no happiness left to go, everything seemed very surreal. The most chemically drained feeling I've ever experienced. Smoke a lot of weed the next day and make sure to shove some food down your stomach, it helps out a lot with the day after crash.

And shit eventually worked out even, I've been dating the girl for almost two years now :)

That sounds sooo similar to my story, the first time I "really" rolled was with a girl I had been trying to get with for a while, and it didn't happen that night due to outside circumstances, and after she left and I came down (mind you these were meth/mdma rolls so the comedown was ROUGH) i just sat in the bathtub for an hour and cried. It was like all hope in the world was gone and there was no happiness left to go, everything seemed very surreal. The most chemically drained feeling I've ever experienced. Smoke a lot of weed the next day and make sure to shove some food down your stomach, it helps out a lot with the day after crash.

And shit eventually worked out even, I've been dating the girl for almost two years now :)

To me this best explains it. I'm really glad to hear things worked out in the end, but the part in BOLD is exactly how it feels. You feel like there's just no more hope. Like it's the end of the line. It's hard. I don't like the comedown at all.

But it's worth the high :p

Mac98, one night I and friends consumed around 500 mg each of mdma. For the next few weeks I felt real down, I had no job at the time. It took 3 to 4 weeks to come out of it. I only do half of that dose nowadays and do it very rarely. I have never had it occur again.

I've never had a really bad comedown after using MDMA, even though I have been awful and rolled 4 times in the past month. The worst comedown I had was after snorting Molly all night, and it wasn't really a comedown - I just felt a little bit spacey for like 2 hours after the feeling wore off. I'm even still happy for days after rolling, and took an AP exam no problem four days after a really intense roll :)

I guess it's just different for everyone. Or next time I use MDMA, I'll pay for all this by having the shittiest comedown of my life. I guess I should add that I take klonopin (and smoke weed) once I feel all the effects wear off, since I have a script for 60 .5mg a month.

I think it depends on your personality like all things. I'm sort of jaded with life anyways, not much really phases me. That being said, the day after I do feel "hung over" and just kind of miserable. I also usually have work the next day which is a mixed bag. in one hand it may keep me busy so I don't get depressed thoughts, but your body is definitely tired and you just want to chill. Overall, I wouldn't say its too bad.

If your typically extremely happy, or extremely sad I could see the comedown being severe.

The comedown won't usually be decided by the quality of the MD (if you are using crystals), unless it's some real impure dirt. However, impure pills can affect your experience alot.. especially if there is meth or ket in there.

However, I've not really experienced any nasty comedowns as of yet from MDMA, though I've only been experimenting with it for around 2 months, with relatively small doses (up to 250mg in a single night). I've seen people ingesting upwards of 500mg and then paying for it a few days later; I just don't see the point in this.... take smaller doses and you will realise how little you need to feel great on this substance. Respect it, your wallet and your head with appreciate it!!

Also, some of you were saying 'we rolled two days in a row and then i had a bad comedown... maybe the mdma was bad quality?'.... isn't it obvious enough what did that to you?

The less you use it, the more you will keep that nice afterglow afterwards instead an irritable comedown!

Self hate.

Paranoia.

Shame.

Why live? Why bother?

The only time I've ever had this was after rolling three days in a row.
Never again..

Never again..

Yeah, it usually takes a lot of MDMA (ab)use to get to that point. Even rolling two days in a row can be not too bad, as long as you know what you are doing and you're in a comfortable environment (vacation in Goa, no work for a few days, chill people around you - you know the deal).

After a strong roll, I experience some degree of flat affect (lack of emotion) and anhedonia (the absence of pleasure or the ability to experience it). It has never been stressful for me, just seems as if the life has been sucked out of me for a few days.

haven't really experienced any depression after rolling a few times. Not even a hangover. Just smooth come-down.

Just lack of emotion (or instability), anhedonia, thoughts scattered all over the place but other then that... I usually describe that state as being a blank piece of paper but I've been far worse :) .

This only happens after several weeks/months of almost daily use though.

Besides i'm too much of a poly-drug abuser to really experience any comedowns anymore, if I do notice any downsides I counter-act them with other drugs (usually GHB, ketamine or more THC)

<3

note: anyone think's it's weird that MDA, whilst being more toxic produces even less of a comedown!

Anyone notice any diffirence between MDMA.hcl / MDMA.citrate?

Also set and setting. Ofcourse you'll feel far worse if you're up all night raving your ass off

Mac98, one night I and friends consumed around 500 mg each of mdma. For the next few weeks I felt real down, I had no job at the time. It took 3 to 4 weeks to come out of it. I only do half of that dose nowadays and do it very rarely. I have never had it occur again.

It's probably the fact that I took too much and did it two night in a row. I was already in an unstable place in my life when I rolled, so all these factors might explain the harsh comedown.

I've been taking 5-htp, but what's helped me cope with all this the most is going downtown with friends and my good buddies Jack Daniel and Mary-Jane...

Never again..

I got it alot from speed when i was abusing it.. but MDMA caused this for me too, although not as often and not as intense..

Then again.. I was abusing that too ;)

I would describe it as an existential crisis. Everything seems pointless. You might not feel like killing yourself or w/e, but it might feel there is just no point to putting any emotional investment into anything.

It can also be difficult to concentrate on being productive.

hmmm, ive definitely felt this, but then again its mostly attributed to work

no desire to "bust my ass" at all in pretty much anything that doesnt sound like pleasure seeking behavior (sex, chilling with gf and my friends, video games, etc)

but, I'm sure if i carried a job i really LOVED then things would be different.

I'll let you know if magically next week i feel different, then ill attribute it to rolling (since i rolled last saturday)

Self hate.

Paranoia.

Shame.

Why live? Why bother?

have you had a history of depression?