• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What do you think is the hardest drug for people to quit abusing?

personally, i had more difficulty quitting nicotine than heroin or cocaine. in order to quit nicotine, i had to also quit drinking alcohol and get a prescription for Varenicline. for the others, it just took willpower, determination, and a support system. the social acceptance factor is huge.

Heroin.
Or any strong opiate/opioid.

I've done my share of Stimulants and Benzodiazepines..

Stimulants are easy IMO, I know Alcohol and Benzodiazepine WD can kill you, but with a proper detox that shouldn't be an issue.

With Opiates, even when you pass the 7 days of hell I'd rather die than go through this pain stage, the PAWS seem to never fade away.

Heroin/Opiates for the win.

For me, it is IV cocaine. It has me hooked, heart & soul. I didn't get addicted to snorting it. I've shot up dope & meth and honestly didn't like them very much. But that first good shot of coke? Haven't stopped since. I know there aren't many physical withdrawal symptoms like there are for dope, but the mental withdrawal is killer. In some aspects I think this makes it harder to detox from. (Personal opinion of course, I am in no way trying to disparage the severity or the agony of physical withdrawal.) Physical symptoms stop eventually, but when it is all in your head it is kind of up to you when it stops, and my willpower and emotional health are pretty shit right now. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'd have to say alcohol. The recovery rates seem much lower than other drugs. I know I can't seem to kick it.

ALCOHOL. Personally, watching others struggle, it's availability and ease of use within socially acceptable contexts.

Opiates ..... I wish how I feel when high on opiates is how I felt normally everyday when I wake up , no anxiety , no panic , just calm but also gives me energy/ more outgoing

Depends in which way, if you mean negative reinforcement that while you start to take and the effects start to diminish and you feel strong urge to take again, then for me it has always been alcohol, there never have been 1 drink, I get very strong urge to drink more, so 1 beer ends up drinking all day until I get sleepy and go to bed, also for whatever reason the euphoric effects of alcohol lasts only 1 hour for me, pretty much like with GBL. Amphetamine gives almost as strong urge but it goes away after 1 hour of resisting the urge, with alcohol it's more like 3-4 hours of strong urge. Next day still feeling urge to drink again, with amphetamine I don't get next day urges. Nicotine might give the strongest cravings I've experienced. Opioid's really didn't give me much cravings or urges, I just took them to keep away the wd's, same with pregabalin.

thats a bit tricky,i know for myself it would have to be cig.smoking but i do know others who just smoke from time to time without any cravings,kinda like myself with alcohol,use to drink 4 5 times weekly to get smashed but never no problems with abuse,just gave up entirely,now with that i would have to say the benzo non remembering time,lol, were most additive and most def.hardest to kick for ive been on some kinda of pharmaceutical a better part of 40yrs and trying to pry benzo paws off back was by far the hardest for me, I figured I'd could just replace with another drug,no way, tried to counter with oxy 80 mill/morphine etc etc to only discover no relief from the killer withdraw of the xanax nightmare,finally kicked cold turkey,thank God,anyway just thought id share. i really enjoy the Bluelight threads ,lots of incite here,thanks

ABUSING?...crack, because there is literally no "therapeutic" use you can lie to yourself and say you are only using it therapeutically they way you would use opioids ir ampetamines.

every hit of crack is abuse since there is no legit use for crack.

plus its the most moreish drug that exists

ABUSING?...crack, because there is literally no "therapeutic" use you can lie to yourself and say you are only using it therapeutically they way you would use opioids ir ampetamines.

every hit of crack is abuse since there is no legit use for crack.

plus its the most moreish drug that exists

I dunno man, crack cocaine is pretty medicinal imo

Meth is an odd one, it is extremely easy physically to quit, now mentally most people get caught in the loop of I want to do it, and never get clean. Highest rate of relapse among rehab patients.

Alcohol as a true addiction or a bender every weekend? If bender every weekend I agree.

Or is going on a bender (getting smashed every Friday/Saturday night) addiction?

Well you could ask if using amphetamine/insert-any-other-drug-here every Friday an addiction? I consider addiction to mean physically addiction, that means if you get wd symptoms when quitting only then you are addicted. Strong urge and uncontrollable use of drugs has to do with impulse control, not that you're body really needs it.

I understand your point completely but I get the uncontrollable urge to go and get drunk every weekend but I suffer no withdrawals apart from a hangover.

I understand addition in the way you are describing, I've been addicted to more than 1 substance. However physiological addiction and physical addiction are two different things.

Well, this is good subject to discuss. How do you distinguish between physiological addiction and physical addiction? Physical addiction is clear, you get withdrawals if you don't take the substance which you are addicted to, so you feel bad in both physically or/and physiologically (depression, anxiety or any other mental negative sides are because of physical addiction, brain is part of you're body). So what would physiological addiction mean? If did mean strong urge to take the substance then you could also say that someone who has strong urge to eat trash food is physiologically addicted to trash food. Craving/Urge is craving/urge, no matter if its urge for drugs, sex, food or any other activity which gives pleasure, the feeling is same. Also there is no such thing as "unable to stop taking drugs" like physiological addiction is often described, because every person in the planet is able to stop taking the drugs, because if it wasn't true there would be no person in earth who has ever stopped using any drug after starting. Strong urges is one thing, everyone get these, with different things and people the urges might be very strong. The thing is not following the urge. So in order to stop taking drugs, you need to deal with the impulse control on urges, it is very normal part of human existence. There isn't such thing as uncontrollable urge, because that would mean that there is no such thing as free will. With drugs when used frequently and long periods of time you're brain might start to develop strong urge toward the drug, but it applies with any other thing that gives pleasure. After a while the urges go away.

I'm aware that most people who have heavily abused some drug will go back to heavy abuse if they take it even once even after years. It might not be possible to unlearn this, so only thing you can do is to avoid the drug. You cold call it physiological addiction. I read some article where they said that most people who are on opioid pain medication will not get addicted to them, so my first thought was, "they don't get any wd's after stopping taking the medicine even after years?" But it clearly wasn't the case. If you take something that gives pleasure then there is compulsion to do it again, after a while the compulsion might grow very strong and it feels hard to stop it, especially if it gives very strong euphoria. but it still can be done but it's easy to end up in the same routine.

These damn Newport?s not the withdrawal but the trying to stop
Withdrawal is alcohol
Mental the crack
I?ve been thru the alcohol withdrawal detox a couple times hell
Opana oxy also pure hell
I don?t know which is worse

Only way I?ve stopped that mental is 12 step program meeting meeting meeeting
But when you stop going you start again
That?s where I?m at using again ugg

Neo - Ok, so I kind of disagree with the comment that addiction is where if you stop taking the drug you get withdrawals. The statement that most pain management patients don't get addicted is likely true. However, and this is the point I wanted to make, this does not mean they are not "dependent" because their body definitely is. No different than a diabetic being dependent on insulin. Their body needs it or there are serious problems. Addiction is more a state of mind, chasing a high uncontrollably even when doing so clearly is detrimental to their life in every way. That's just my two cents on the matter anyway.