• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What do you think is the hardest drug for people to quit abusing?

While actively using, stimulants with a very strong compulsion to redose, like cocaine or MDPV, are the hardest drugs for me to stop abusing but only in that moment. Once the binge is over, it isn't all that difficult for me to not start using again. It's just really hard (nearly impossible) for me to stop during a binge while I still have more in my possession.

Opioids are easy for me to stop once I've made up my mind that it's time to stop. Getting to that point, however, can take forever. I don't feel compelled to take them, the way I feel about stimulants during a stimulant binge. I only keep taking opioids to fend off withdrawals. Once I decide enough is enough, it's over.

With stimulants, I never decide enough is enough if I still have access to more... I either run out, flush my stash in a paranoid frenzy, or I wind up getting myself locked up in a mental hospital for a few days...

I would say it is one of the following substances:

1. Alcohol
    This one because it is encouraged by the (social) media to drink, and often there is some peer pressure involved from teenage people often in the early stages of commencing driinking. You know, like CHUG CHUG CHUG at someone's party being shouted and then the person involved must drink so raiply that they may end up in a coma, I have seen this happen to my nephew who is now 20ish so he drank himself into a coma once, needless to say his parents and environment wasn't that pleased... ;). But Alcohol quickly becomes an 'escape route' for when you can't sleep properly or have a difficult meeting with the bosses, you know, just to lighten things up a bit, and then it can become problematic.
  2. Nicotine
    We all know how the tobacco companies add all sorts of addictive shit in our cigarettes often even when you don't even realize, but then it's too late... then your hooked and nicotine from a ciggy only needs 8 seconds to reach the reward center in your brain so it's a fast and quick 'high' and to me, my pack of cigarettes or my e-cigarette (a German Snoke, I really advise it! It contains only Nicotine and water vapour when exhaled so you can smoke around children etc.... try checking this type of e-cig out peeps!) is one of my greatest assets I'm carrying with me 24/7.
  3. Crack Cocaine
  4. Methamphetamine
  5. Heroin
  6. Cannabis

Teh rest are pretty much self-explainatory (as in: the poster didn't want to write a whole bunch of meth-fueled rants about the very same substance haha :D).

-- Peace o/

So any drug that makes you not feel sobriety :D Unless you stop thinking like i described above. Which i won't because what else is there? :D Cars? Houses? Travelling? Money? Getting married? Changing the world? Well fuck all that :D It doesn't even compare to a single happy pill and you know it :D

Does for some.

Mm yeah a meaningful life is more rewarding than pretty much any drug, it's just a hard thing to archive IMO. Drugs feel good in the short term, some even feel amazing... but after a while, I don't think they make you happier nor improve your quality of life.
If you have depression, chronic pain or other severe medical conditions then it's a bit different since drugs can be a huge relief from the unavoidable suffering.

I have the impression that if you compare drug addicts(the functional ones) to recreational users or "sober" people who feel like they have a purpose in life (relationships, goals, things they carry about...) the last group feels happier on average.

OT: about the hardest recreational drug to quit abusing (abusing≠using), I don't really have anything to add as it varies a lot depending on the person. I'd say anything that reaches the brain fast enough (even more if it has a short duration) so things like nicotine, cocaine, alcohol...

While actively using, stimulants with a very strong compulsion to redose, like cocaine or MDPV, are the hardest drugs for me to stop abusing but only in that moment. Once the binge is over, it isn't all that difficult for me to not start using again. It's just really hard (nearly impossible) for me to stop during a binge while I still have more in my possession.

Opioids are easy for me to stop once I've made up my mind that it's time to stop. Getting to that point, however, can take forever. I don't feel compelled to take them, the way I feel about stimulants during a stimulant binge. I only keep taking opioids to fend off withdrawals. Once I decide enough is enough, it's over.

With stimulants, I never decide enough is enough if I still have access to more... I either run out, flush my stash in a paranoid frenzy, or I wind up getting myself locked up in a mental hospital for a few days...

I completely agree with this. Stimulants are more compulsively addicting. When the coke comedown starts hitting I will do anything for another line. but give it two hours, and I no longer want some, and I'll just want to go to bed.

Even though I'm addicted to opioids, I dont crave them in the same way that I crave stims when I'm already on stims. With opiates its more of a, "I'm feeling sick, I should probably take another dose so I stop feeling sick".. but that feeling doesn't pass for what feels like an eternity.

Certainly opiates.

Benzos are a close runner up and their physical withdrawal is certainly worse, but when it comes to psychological addiction you can't get worse than the strong opiates. It's also the whole culture that comes with heroin use in particular that keeps people in a kind of cycle. It consumes people and fundamentally changes them.

Oh and alcohol, I'd also count that as a downer as it's a CNS depressant, and the fact it's widely accessible, legal, and socially acceptable makes it a very hard drug to kick if you're unlucky enough to end up an alcoholic, not to mention the withdrawals are worse than benzos.

It will surely depend on the kind of person you are though as others have mentioned. For some they may find kicking any kind of downer to be easy but unable to give up meth, speed, cocaine, or whatever other stim they prefer. Personally I find stimulants to not be very addictive at all and I find it very easy to use amphetamine on a strictly functional basis but that's just me.

Ask me to give up all downers though and that's gonna be very difficult.

weed. because it has minimal consequences to abusing it. drugs with big consequences (dependency, OD, high expense, outlandish behavior, mental/physical destruction) provided more motivation to quit

and i agree with mdpv psychosis. stimulants (crack in my opinion) is the hardest to stop abusing IN THE MIDST OF A HIGH

in my own experience, heroin has been by far the hardest. I've also had smallish addictions to coke and various kinds of speed (meth but more often, pharmaceutical speed), but personally, those were easier to leave than dope has been. I can see how stims could be really awful to quit, but luckily I never had a nightmare situation with them. heroin, on the other hand...it's just a constant struggle for me.

but based on what I've seen of other people's struggles, it seems like booze is at least on a par with dope. the combination of its legal status and social acceptability conspire with ethanol's native addictive potential, leading to a situation that seems brutally hard to walk away from. I've known many, many people who were desperate to quit drinking but continued to sink into alcoholism.

personally, I've never found that the presence or absence of physical WDs makes much difference in terms of how hard it is/was for me to kick (except maybe benzos). sure, acute WD is awful. but for me, the addictiveness of a drug is way more wrapped up in how it effects me psychologically and emotionally.