• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What do you think is the hardest drug for people to quit abusing?

Right now for me it would be - surprisingly - weed. I really enjoy the effects, both recreational and medicinal and it's pretty easily accessible too. Then again I don't even want to quit it completely so there's no motivation either.

I quit a serious, multi-year benzo addiction (wasn't abusing though). I don't have problems restraining my opiate use (atleast yet) because I don't like their effects THAT much. Nicotine, I'm an on-off smoker and I don't find it hard to quit smoking for months and when I do smoke, I never smoke more than for a few months. Psychedelics, no addiction potential for me. Dissociatives are a tricky one, I have very limited accessibility so I can go very long periods without them, and even though I know I could order some online I usually cba with all the hassle. If I have a stash of ketamine/mxe however, it's pretty much impossible for me to stop until the whole stash is gone.

Not sure if I understood the question properly and answered right tho hehe. If the question was simply "which drug has the nastiest withdrawals?" I would say benzos.

I'm going to say that, for me, it was amphetamines (adderall), and I know that may surprise some of you, but hear me out...

Almost the exact same story here. Life is simpler on adderall. I can make plans, money, get school work done and generally be a pleasing guy to be around to everyone.

Without adderall I cannot get off of my computer to save my life. I suppose a prescription is necessary at this point.

I haven't seen the addictive qualities of coke, and I've done it for a week straight before, at about ~.5g a day.

Sure it has a compulsive redosing problem, but once I'm out, I don't have the desire for it anymore after a day. Same with K for me.

Nicotine by personal experience is the most addictive thing I've done.

Meth/Heroin are the only two that I personally know people who have problems with them. Never known anyone who was addicted to crack, despite knowing a few people who've tried it before.

Anything IV/IM is going to greatly increase addictiveness, so I guess I wouldn't be surprised if the people who got addicted to coke did it IV, or Ketamine for instance IM.

Considering all the mental of phyiscally effects of the withdrawal and PAWS. I would have to say the hardest to quite would be:
1. Alcohol. I would say this is the hardest to quite because it is so availble it is the only drug that no matter where you are, what your social status is, what type of people you hang around. Alcohol is always available. Also the withdrawal is deadly so it is very hard to quit.
2. Opiates: I think this are very hard to quite becuase of the PAWS symptoms and cravings. The withdrawal from opiates/ opiods may not be the worst but because in my experience even after months of sobriety you still have extremely strong cravings.
3. Meth: I believe what makes this so hard to quit is simply the complusion to use and energy it gives you. It is hard to be productive without meth once your body is use to it. you will find yourself thinking only if I had some crystal I would have shit done already.

Oxymorphone (opana) is far harder to quit than heroin. Anyone who's been addicted to both can back this up. Methadone also has quite hellish withdrawals. In my opinion, it'd be one of these two substances, but you also have to keep in mind that different people have different mental preferences for different types of drugs. I personally prefer doing binges of uppers, but find it relatively easy to stop using them, while opioids are my chronic, daily-use drugs that I have a great deal more trouble giving up.

I'm sure there are people that feel the other way, who have far more trouble stopping the use of uppers. Psychological addiction is at least equally as powerful as physical, and I've been addicted to opioids for 4 years.

I think for me iv cocaine has been the hardest thing to fight off. I prefer heroin for the high, but for some reason, once I start on a coke shooting binge, everything,EVERYTHING falls to the side, and after months of shooting coke pretty regularly I would feel depressed for a long time. Perhaps I should just say IV stims in general, I just seem to have a hard time keeping it together with them. The heroin I can be economical about, go back on suboxone etc, but the need for coke is always there

Weed for me because its the only thing ive been addicted to and once i talked to my doctor and got put on oxazepam for a week (60mg a day) i was good, but its my DOC and i cant say i dont miss it, and i always think about having a puff but i dont want to become a chronic again and experience the irritation/anxiety/insomnia i was having.I also have anxiety and weed is like a double edged sword, on one hand it calms me but at the same time it makes me more nervous.Im guessing one is CBD and the other THC?

I had a good run with MDMA cause i was dealing a few years ago and getting clean rolls but once i got the brain zaps i knew it was time to cut back and rolled every other weekend, ive had some awesome times on e though <3

I was a weekend alcoholic, but the excruciating hangovers i get from drinkin now because of my effexor has cause me to stop all together, if i pace myself and dont catch even a buzz im ok but its not much fun.

I've noticed since i quit drinkin/tokin im smokin cigarillos (primetimes to be exact) and its strange because before id get sick if i inhaled but thats an addiction i also dont want so once this pack is gone im quitting (this is the first pack i ever bought and its only been in the last month or so i started).

Im thinking of making some poppy tea today or doing a CWE on some OTC ace/caf/cod pills.

For me it's GHB. I enjoy the physical healthy effects of the drug, the euphoria of alcohol and the "somewhat" clearness of mind it instills on the user.

Once the ball starts rolling with GHB, it's hard to stop. Cap after cap, a person like myself can become addicted, trying to fight off the hellish withdrawals from creeping in every hour. However even after a terrible experience, I find myself wanting another cap.

I quit, because I suddenly realized that I had literally lost my mind. People would ask me questions about things in which had happened earlier in the day. I would answer, "That happened?"
---It does effect memory pretty strongly.

I do plan to keep using, however I need to prepare a lot more thoroughly for dopamine rebounds.

Methamphetamine is another burden. While I have watched it ruin my friends, I find myself trying to rationalize its use. Which it is vast over-kill in any situation other than maybe trying to give yourself depression. The euphoria is too intense. The drug is too bad. It's a horrible situation. Never try methamphetamine unless you're twisted enough to want to live a meth lifestyle.

1. Alcohol. Reasons: The biggest reason is obviously availability and social acceptance. Add that to the fact that it's very mentally and physically addictive and you've got a recipe for disaster.

2. Nicotine. Reason: HUGE level of availability and social acceptance.

3. Opiates of any kind. Reason: Fairly easy to obtain, EXTREMELY addictive both mentally and physically.

^^i had two mates who were heavy into the stuff, they dosed nearly each hour. didn't seem to affect em too much but man, sometimes they'd ghole in public and end up in shitty situations

i'd say that coke is pretty damn addictive, makes ya fiend like a motherfucker and do all kinds of crazy shit in order to get your hands on some more

^^i had two mates who were heavy into the stuff, they dosed nearly each hour. didn't seem to affect em too much but man, sometimes they'd ghole in public and end up in shitty situations

Yeah, once you've been on G for a while, the euphoric dose gets WAY closer to the g-hole dose. I only started passing out around week 2 or 3. Had a few friends get arrested this way.

haha ya they were into the speed n g combo too. theyd rail it but eventually one of started smoking it, idk about the other, we arent friends anymore.
one of em got us all kicked outta mcdonalds. the one mate was drooling and stumbling all over so they made us go outside, then he passed out in the middle of the parking lot. boy was the manager pissed! thats just one story out of many funny other ones..
they never got arrested for g holing in public luckily, but.. ugh, they made themselves look like total fools

i can only really speak for my self

opiates are by far my favorite drug but somehow i am able to control my use to no more than 2-3 times a week(i'm lucky to score 2 times a week), i enjoy the high too much and don't want to ever want it to lose it's magic nor do i want to need something to function

i went through a stimulant stage and i probably wouldn't have stopped if it weren't for getting kicked out of my apartment,losing my job, and experiencing traumatic psychotic delusions

Hey. Donno why I'm on this site. I was reading about Brian Head on Facebook because he will be part of a new movie called Holy Ghost, so I decided to surf the net,and I landed on this website, and I saw your comment. So, i quickly opened up an account so that i could respond to you.

You live in MA? I'm from MA too, but now I'm in NY are for some time. Been here for almost 2 years now, for school.

Don't know exactly what you're going through, but I know people who can help. I only hope that you are willing to take my advice. These people have helped thousands.

At this point, it doesn't matter if you're religious or not, or what religion you are part of, who cares. But these people can help you, and they can help no kidding. Come to Times Square Church NYC if you can. They have a website online that you can watch services. I'm not asking you to become a Christian, thats your decision, i just know that THOUSANDS of people have 100% kicked their drug addictions i.e. Heroin, and their lives have been changed FOREVER.

They don't charge (FREE SERVICES)

Please, consider my advice. You don't have to go through what you're going through any longer.

There is another church in MA called International Family Church in North Reading, MA. I know the pastor, very friendly Italian guy, but the New York people I know have helped more people.

^ lol, wat.

I'd say alcohol or benzos, can't remember if I've made a post in this thread before

Hmmm, lets see. 1. Alcohol 2. Opiates 3. Benzos

I put alcohol as number one because although it is my least favorite drug of all, when neither two or three are available, I start turning to alchohol, and a lot. Opiates because they are my drug of choice and just make everything great. Then Benzo's because with an already present anxiety condition, and not being able to take them daily because I am on Sub Maintaince, having to deal with rebound anxiety..but from what I've heard I would rather be just physiaclly addicted to Opiates than Alcohol or Benzo's or another Gaba drug, but they are soo good when you do have anxiety, and bad when you have an addictive personality.

Amphetamines and Heroin. The best fucking combo ever. I live for that shit .

I think it's actually a legally prescribed medication called methadone. I know a person who is prescribed 60 mg of methadone per day in 10mg increments for chronic pain. It is the most addictive drug she has ever had. I also know that this person overused it for pain and was down to two weeks of only 30 mg/day and two days of 20mg/day and is now back on 60mg/day and is having difficulty handling it. I suppose this person ought to be really careful and to go slowly for a bit. Also, although it is reported to be an opiate blocker, this friend has been in the hospital and remained on methadone as they gave her morphine and it was quite a trip.

Last edited: