• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

What do you think is a possible future for the world's population?

I'm not buddhist or anything else. I'm an insane and depressed philosopher at best. The bodhisattva however is a good metaphor for my feelings on this matter. I wish for the end of suffering for all beings. However I won't come back unless I'm dragged kicking and screaming. I've totally had enough of this shit.

Then you would realize the multi-dimensional nature of your own being? This is just one of your many forms, One can experience much in this vast universe full of highs and lows.

Then you would realize the multi-dimensional nature of your own being? This is just one of your many forms, One can experience much in this vast universe full of highs and lows.

Got any real evidence for such claims?

The evidence cannot be 'shown' with a few pictures or videos or words.

Nixiam is absolutely right, anecdotal evidence doesn't impress anyone.

I talked to a ghost today. I did.

Speaking of world's future I remember watching some BS Trump had said and the reminder from Obama telling him that this is a serious job and he should act properly. It's not a reality show he says. I wonder how he's capable to obtain so many votes (Trump). And keep imagining if he's selected to dispute the presidency. It's hard to believe this can become an option.

It is indeed difficult to believe that he could even be a candidate... it's like a circus. But I guess that's how politics in America is these days. I doubt he'll actually win if he's the republican candidate, I think there are too many people on that side even who wouldn't be willing to vote for a rich reality TV star who's had absolutely no political experience.

But still, people are ridiculous.

If Trump wins any optimistic projections in this thread will have to be moved back by at least 4 years. Sadly, that is a worldview, not just an American one just cause the U.S. has meddled in everything on a worldwide scale. I don't want to entirely condemn the role of the United States in the world but when you take a guy like Trump who is furiously capitalistic, overtly xenophobic and cerebrally incapacitated and put him into a role the U.S has for better or worse taken on in the world stage, it is hard to see that playing out well. we're talking low hanging fruit here guys, so it ain't worth spending brain cycles thinking of clever arguments to debate this. Of course, some people want to protect their right to laugh at crippled kids on a public stage without being silenced, and some people have certainly gone overboard in that respect, but to retaliate with Trump is idiocy.

Not necessarily a problem but indeed with US intervenience so often it obviously makes the country much more visible by the international media, and as a result all of the inside issues come out to everyone, almost everywhere. So we watch and listen to a lot of things -- bad things when talking about Trump and the things he has been saying. It's not everyone or every country that understand his real chances to win. In the poorest countries I believe they think he's going to have to deal only with Hillary Clinton 50/50. And that creates a lot of anxiety abroad.

Last edited:
i took population ecology in gradschool. you can get a bit of it by reading about logistic population growth models.. most serious thinkers expect the population to reach a maximum of around 12 billion in about 100 years, then level off and slowly drop. whether or not that's sustainable number and in what kind of conditions those billions will live in depends most on fusion technology. if we can develop cheap fusion, we'll make it. otherwise....

the best book on this is jared diamond's 'collapse'. the crisis we are facing is nothing new - many other societies have faced it in the past. some succeed, some resorted to cannibalism.

Obviously there will be no water for everyone. I can't imagine earth with 12 billion people -- much warmer (+ 6c ?) and chaotic.
I wonder how many wars will we have in 100 years..