• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What do they do with us when an addict is hospitalized?

Opiates are safer on the body in the long term than alcohol.
It's amazing how many people don't believe this when I post about it on any other site.

So you can't treat your pain (or depression, cause lets face it, depression also hurts) with opiates cause they're so "dangerous", but you're free to drink yourself to death if you want.

The hypocrisy boils my blood on a daily basis. And I feel powerless to get my voice out there or to get anything done about any of it.

Thank you. I'll see if I can get some Valium.
hey hexan
i forgot you are an opioid user right?
did you know benzos can potentiate opioids?it is very dangerous if you are using them together.
valium stays a day in the body.don't use opioid if you are using Valium that day.
this is why its better to just refer medical questions to doctors

Last edited:
hey hexan
i forgot you are an opioid user right?
did you know benzos can potentiate opioids?it is very dangerous if you are using them together.
valium stays a day in the body.don't use opioid if you are using Valium that day.
this is why its better to just refer medical questions to doctors
I don't want to combine benzos and opioids. My plan was to use benzos to get rid of rls. I'm obviously trying to withdraw from opioids and NOT use them. Thanks for the concern though.

Well I think…the thing…is…opiate addicts are far more likely to do something stupid to get their fix than an alcoholic…like over time humanity has realized certain drug addictions cause people to act really erratically
But an alcoholic is far more likely to do stupid stuff due to the influence itself.

Exactly what plumbus said ^^^^
Alcohol made me do a lot of stupid shit I regret.

So has being in opiate withdrawal. But if opiates were legal, then it wouldn't have been a problem in the first place. Another reason they should be legalized, so that people don't hurt themselves when they can't get any.

Well I think…the thing…is…opiate addicts are far more likely to do something stupid to get their fix than an alcoholic…like over time humanity has realized certain drug addictions cause people to act really erratically
I'm not so sure they are far more likely than any other addict. The fact is an alcoholic can scramble up a few bucks and get a beer from almost any store that's open. I'd be willing to bet that if the government all of a sudden shut off and outlawed smartphones there would be riots due to all the dopamine agonist apps available to almost everyone at any age.

Thank you. I'll see if I can get some Valium.
Lyrica is the best for opium wd it take all the anxiety away lets you sleep and eat I actually worked all through my wd 3rd day I was driving a lorry with led zeppelin loudest it can go euphoric but don't jump addictions like I did lyrica itself has a worse wd the heroin

Opiates are safer on the body in the long term than alcohol.
It's amazing how many people don't believe this when I post about it on any other site.

So you can't treat your pain (or depression, cause lets face it, depression also hurts) with opiates cause they're so "dangerous", but you're free to drink yourself to death if you want.

The hypocrisy boils my blood on a daily basis. And I feel powerless to get my voice out there or to get anything done about any of it.
You telling the truth i know people in Punjab that have been doing pods or raw opium as teenagers who are in their 80s now the in the past the government gave it at government shops to registered addicts . W e actually belive it has medical benefits it lowers blood sugar I seen this in UK when a friend who had to have a taxi medical he had been hospitalised because his blood sugar was so high in weeks I saw it go from 13 to 6 or 7 range that was with pods

UK doctors will give methadone - if you have had an ECG showing methadone is causing long-QT they will substitute, but if you just used street methadone, they will rightly be suspicious.

A friend almost died and the doctor just asked him how much methadone he wanted. The doctor was more concerned that his seriously infected leg (due to going into femoral) and if withdrawal wasn't halted, my mate would abscond.

But in other cases I know of friends bringing gear in.

Hospital doctors, especially senior staff are not interested in a witch-hunt. They have seen too much to think otherwise.

i've read somewhere that clonidine helps withdrawal.but it is dangerous and should be used with supervisor,
benzodiazepines may help to relieve withdrawal stress,and maybe acetaminophen can help with withdrawal fever?

Clonidine isn't particularly dangerous, I mean you could overdose on it, but taking 0.1 to 0.2mg is not dangerous. If you take it too many days in a row, it can have a rebound when you come off, but it's nothing like proper withdrawals, and it isn't a recreational drug. It greatly reduces physical symptoms of anxiety, and restlessness, which helps a lot in withdrawal. It also helps you sleep at 0.2mg.

Is there something that helps rls?

Clonidine does.

But honestly the best withdrawal aid is pregabalin (followed by gabapentin). It's fairly miraculous for many people (some seem to get little from it). It's not an opioid, but it is addictive so you can't use it for too long. But it can almost totally eliminate opiate withdrawal, and also mild benzo withdrawal... and significantly help more severe benzo withdrawal, though at a certain point nothing helps severe benzo withdrawal except a long, slow taper with benzos.

Personally Id do everything to dose myself on the sly and avoid telling hospital staff.

Doctors/hospitals turn into demonic heartless non-humans when they find out you do anything beyond what they give. They act like a salty jealous drug dealer who found out you getting shit from elsewhere.

If I absolutely had to tell them, as there was no way to dose myself on the sly or they did bloodwork and saw I had opiates in my system, I'd lie. I'd pull out a small amount of the oxy and say my friend gave me these for pain but I don't know what they are? Not sure if otc or not etc. Just act like a stupid naive boomer and you'll probably do better than being honest.

Hospitals in North America are at least very easy to get things in. Nobody watches anything. Hell sometimes they don’t even see the patient! My wife has been in one at least 10 times in the last 10 years where she had to stay in. I would bring her etizolam for sleep. So if you prepare correctly and have some help you, you can be set up. I actually had some of my Kratom in her bag for a stay by accident and she does not even use it anymore.

It is true how things have changed. I at least got a Dalmane the night before before my shoulder surgery in 1884.

But there is no way in hell I tell them anything. Every time my wife was in the hospital I would tell her the only goal is to get out of here alive because these people will kill you.

Last edited:
Thats an interesting question because I went into surgery once, where they wanted to give me fentanyl along with propofol... I told them I used to use fentanyl recreationally and would be happy to have just the propofol lest I wake up with cravings - and yet they still gave the fentanyl to me.

I talked to another guy I knew, who said he was in for surgery at the same hospital while addicted to oxy and he begged them for something - anything, even said he didn't care if was oxy, just anything. And they refused. He had to go to the parking lot to meet up with a dealer to get street drugs of unknown quality - just to make it through, while he was in a hospital full of clean and safe drugs.

I wondered why we got such different treatment and the only thing I can think of was that I was clean shaven and sharply dressed, whereas he looked pretty scraggily, like he just walked off the street. Kind of makes me angry that we got treated so much different just based off our appearance.

Clonidine isn't particularly dangerous, I mean you could overdose on it, but taking 0.1 to 0.2mg is not dangerous. If you take it too many days in a row, it can have a rebound when you come off, but it's nothing like proper withdrawals, and it isn't a recreational drug. It greatly reduces physical symptoms of anxiety, and restlessness, which helps a lot in withdrawal. It also helps you sleep at 0.2mg.

Clonidine does.

But honestly the best withdrawal aid is pregabalin (followed by gabapentin). It's fairly miraculous for many people (some seem to get little from it). It's not an opioid, but it is addictive so you can't use it for too long. But it can almost totally eliminate opiate withdrawal, and also mild benzo withdrawal... and significantly help more severe benzo withdrawal, though at a certain point nothing helps severe benzo withdrawal except a long, slow taper with benzos.
It is a miricle drug for opiod wd better then benzos because I was euphoric through my wd and working eating and sleeping . You know you are in wd because you have a stiff back and sneezing so many times . But the most important thing is to not jump addictions it is so easy because it great for paws also lifts the fatigue also the body temp problems and gets rid of the depression with pregabalin a lot of self control is needed because reaching for a couple of 300 mg capsules are so easy to do .

My advice is take it for the worse days of wd first 7 days doing going up in disage first three days drop for next four then during the next mont keep it to one or 2 days max a week because the fatigue and depression gets so hard to live with give yourself a couple of days a week spaced out rest from it all

Have you ever met a desperate alcoholic? That’s the most amusing thing I’ve seen today. It’s only 0423, but thanks for the chuckle.