• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

What College or University are you attending, what are you studying and why? - MERGED

Still in college, but just sent my uni applications off yesterday :p

Choice 1: University of Brighton (B72) Pharmaceutical and Chemical Sciences (FB12)
Choice 2: University of Bristol (B78) Pharmacology with Study in Industry (B211)
Choice 3: University of Greenwich (G70) Pharmaceutical Sciences (B202)
Choice 4: Nottingham Trent University (N91) Pharmacology (B210)
Choice 5: Queen Mary, University of London (Q50) Pharmaceutical Chemistry with a Year in Industry (F153)

I am studying Spanish at STephen F. Austin. I like to speak foreign langauges and I intend to teach, write, and interpret.

SFA has a nice atmosphere, i almost went there freshman year but went to Tarleton State in Stephenville instead and i regretted the hell outta that

I've already graduated but there doesn't seem to be a thread about what degree people have.

I studied sociology at the University of Helsinki and graduated with a masters degree in sociology a year ago. I also studied social anthropology and political science.

My focuses in sociology were ethnicity and nationalism.

I have BA and MA in History and am currently writing up my PhD Thesis. I won't bore you with the details. Not many months to go before submission. Pressure is on - really eating into my opportunities to get high :)

(BSc) Psychology and Chemistry at York University in Toronto, ON in Canada.

I am graduating this year and am going on to complete a second degree in Psychiatric Nursing before applying to graduate school back home in the UK. My focus is clinical psychology but, my love of chemicals has made me a labrat at heart.

I attended Cambridge in the M.B. B.Chir medical program, and am now doing a fellowship in Critical Care Medicine at Sunnybrook Hospital Which is affiliated with the University of Toronto.

Why? I had an interest, and I did my primary residency in an "Elite" and fast paced speciality. I Prefer the challenge, variety and pace of the Crit Care Unit over the other options available to me.

Impressive credentials eukar, but your still a hipster bitch. *Kiss*

Hey man just I've only just read this, had a bit of a break from bluelight! Nice to see someone else having the same career ideas as me. We have 8 exams after university, fortunately my course includes some exemptions so I don't have to all 8, what about yourself?

we have a total of 10 (with people generally taking 2-5 during school, depending on the program). looks like i'll be going the mathematical finance route though, so no more exams for me!

Doing my bachelors degree in law school in the Netherlands.

When making a choice of subject I wasn't determined to become a lawyer, but out of all the things I could picture myself doing (no math, no business), law seemed like it would be the most useful, and at the end of the day, I'd rather take an education that'll make me money rather than food stamps.

I expected it to be quite boring, but it's actually very interesting.

Last edited:
Economics mixed with IT.. I don't really like the economics/marketing/law part but it should help me find a good job. I do like computers so it will be okay..

New York University for a photography and imaging BFA, with a minor in production. i'm studying here because the networking opportunities are unbelievable and i want to work as an art director for a museum or casting/production company.

I plan on transferring to the University of Maryland this summer for a bachelors in mathematical statistics, though I'm also considering their AMSC program. I can't stand most science courses and despite possessing a passion for the English language, I have no desire to make said passion into a career. All that was left after I eliminated business, law, and the humanities was math.

Im attending the University of San Francisco to study Sociology as a stepping stone to my graduate degree in planning. I hope this lands me a job in City Planning one day (hopefully in this amazing city), but we'll see where this learning experience will take me.

Bevill State Comunity College. Taking Mining Technology

Just finishing an MSc in Geophysics at the University of Leeds

Nice, you guys should come to Australia, they're *desperate* for miners and geologists and pay huge salaries. A recent graduate gets around AUD$85,000 (that's about USD$87,000) to start off with and rises quickly with experience (after a few years you're looking at up to around $300,000 for exploration geology). This is because for every Australian geology graduate there is 2 required spots in the industry, so it's the second highest paying industry here after commercial banking). Most of the richest people in Australia (one, Gina Rinehart, who is projected to become the richest person in the world over the next few years) got their go through mining.

Only drawback is that the work is mostly FIFO and you apparently have to constantly travel to obscure places (outback Australia, New Guinea, Africa, etc.).

Did a bachelor of commerce at Melbourne University, now doing bachelor of advanced science at Sydney University (started doing biology, now changing to geology). Want to eventually do postgrad. research while working but that's a while off still.

Science ftw.

Last edited: