• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

What College or University are you attending, what are you studying and why? - MERGED

I'm attending Raritan Valley Community College, here in NJ. I took two years off after high school so i'm just now getting back into the swing of things. Pursuing sociology/psychology as of now, because human behavior and relationships are incredibly interesting to me.

well let's see. after blowing 8k on UT and getting kicked out, lmfao. I'm currently attending the local community college and plan on transferring to UTD next year for fall semester

Northeastern University, Boston MA

Right now trying to become a computer engineer, but I could see myself doing anything from teaching history to working in a pharmacy. My minds not yet made up.

First year at college, reason I kinda didn't start posting that much yet. Had to get moved in and mentally prepared.

:) hi i'm at Kingston University ( london) and i'm currently studying for a BSC in Forensic Science and Investigative Analysis, which is soooooo cool btw, i'm in my last year and though its hard its soo much fun too.

why am i here? erm.... well i've been forced to be shackled to my home lol. nah, its coz it conveniently close and has quite a good rep and the people here are great. any way i'll look forward to hearing from any of u xxxx

University of Ghent, studying 'Eastern European Languages and Cultures' (AKA Slavology). Why? Because you get to learn Russian, that's why. And in january I get to go to Saint Petersburg. Motherfuckin' Leningrad, baby.

I'm currently at Elon University in NC, major in computer science, minor in computer information systems, most of my electives are chem classes though as "chemistry" is somewhat of a hobby. The drug scene here is close to non-existent(with the exception of extremely behind closed doors cocaine use mostly in the frats and sororities)

starting in Fall (after taking 1.5 years off from undergrad): University of Buffalo - M.A. in Modern American Literature (possibly with a concentration in Psychoanalysis and Culture)

^ whoot another accountant!!! its about that paper and those numbaz

I am going to Monroe Community College not knowing what I want to do with myself.
I was planning on transferring to SUNY ESF in the fall for Biotechnology, but now that I am totally sober I feel like I need to answer the whole "What do you want to do with your life?" question all over again. So I will most likely stay here at MCC for a little longer just chilling and working. If you ain't chilling you ain't living baby! That's some advice giving to me by a freelance soccer player who travels all around the world getting paid to play on random teams. Cool ass guy. No need to fret about trying to get into an awesome school just yet. Though I believe I am capable of handling any course load anywhere. I currently have a 3.0 feeling like a total fuck-up. I can't wait to actually TRY.

It's a good school with awesome professors for the most part, though there are few really bad apples that make a subject utterly a pain in the ass, but I can't see how that's different from any other school. Except other schools do real research on some really out-there subjects. That is something I have always been interested in.

Last edited:
Same here, business major is the way to go I reckon. I'm actually thinking about getting my degree online - no good schools in the area (Tennessee) and need to live at stupid home for $$ reasons :( Just found a good business program online though, so super siked!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just started going to college last fall semester after having graduated from high school four years ago...Right now I'm going to a community college in huntington beach, ca and plan to transfer up north to humboldt in the future. going for a bachelors in business with a minor in environmental science, and eventually down the road a masters in environmental management.

right now i'm taking five classes after taking two my first semester back...it's a lot of work.:)

Brooks Institute of Photography in Santa Barbara, California. Pursing a BA in Professional Photography. It's an accellerated school (BA in 3 years instead of 4...semesters are crammed into 2 month "sessions" with one week breaks inbetween).

I've been here about 9 months and in that amount of time I've endured more stress than I ever thought I could handle, lol. But I'm still breathing...

LOL man oh man, how things change.

Back then (two and a half years ago) I was just getting into dope and 9 months later I dropped out of school to go to rehab.

Started up school again after a 5 month hiatus (to get clean) and transferred to Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, CA.

Gonna graduate in 6 months with a B.F.A in Photography and Digital Imaging. I've had a couple slip ups along the way but I'm more determined than ever and looking forward to the new life I'm about to start :)

Not looking forward to paying off all those student loans though....ughhhh

I'm completing a MA in medieval history at a Montreal university (don't want to be too specific, sorry). It's been a great experience so far and I have also made great friends there. I'm a little unmotivated these days but I still enjoy it. If I manage to get a scholarship or a reliable source of income for the years to come, I would really like to continue in that field and get my PHD as well.
Hang in there, summer is almost here now :)

Last edited: