• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

What College or University are you attending, what are you studying and why? - MERGED

I am at Portland State in PDX.

It am currently an undeclared senior. Is this bad (y/n)?

I started out studying architecture to make my family proud but it ended up ruining my life. 2 long hard years working nearly 100 hours per week, trapped in that cold, horrible building, sleeping only 4 nights per week. all for something I hate and don't believe in. fuck that.

One day I just broke. Couldn't do it anymore, so I packed up my shit and left the country. When I get back I'll have 150 credits and no major (I'm studying abroad). God, I wish I had taken a couple years off after highschool to figure it out.

Do everything the hard way. Because the easy way doesn't exist.

depaul university in chicago
i'm majoring in international studies and spanish cuz it's what i doooo

University of Toronto
artificial intelligence, astrophysics

Musicians don't study it at uni.. you practice and practice and form a group then hope you get somewhere

University of California, Santa Cruz
I really have no idea what I'm going to study. Oh well, I suppose I'll figure it out.

University of Louisville

Thinking about changing majors; live on 4th st. looking for friends

University of Texas at Arlington (UTA)

I'm here because I graduated high school way early and UTA let me slip in during the winter semester.
Also, it's cheap and in the middle of some decent places(Dallas, Austin, etc.) and near home.

I'm a art/design major with a minor in women's studies.

BUT! I'm very tempted to withdraw and go to culinary school..

simply_rhythmatik said:
University of California, Irvine, though I've been on exchange here at the Chinese University of Hong Kong for the past year and I will then spend the summer at East China Normal University in Shanghai before heading back in September.

My major is Comparative Literature (focus on lit theory) and a minor in Cultural Studies (East Asia). I will probably go into PR and eventually into the Foreign Service somewhere down the line. . .hopefully after picking up a masters in International Relations in a few years.

I just graduated with a comp lit degree and am working in PR!

St. Edwards University in Austin, Texas. Great school, I am studying English Rhetoric (writing). I love Austin, amazing live music scene and lots of cute girls ;) I would highly recommend this school to anyone looking to transfer or start new. No greek life which makes it easy to meet people. Very liberal, lots of artists, writers, theater majors, etc. Small class sizes.

Another Sooner! Wow, I thought I was the only one on bluelight. I just graduated last May, I hope you have as good of a time as I did :D .

Now I'm in a new school that I like even more than OU (but I'm gonna miss football season!). I just received my acceptance a few weeks ago for medical school at Ruprecht-Karls-Universität Heidelberg . Also waiting on a few PhD program applications for the DKFZ (German cancer research center). Not sure what I would prefer at this point. Both opportunities are pretty awesome, so either way it is a win-win situation.

Another Oklahoma Student here.. BOOOOMER SOOOONER! However, this is my last semester at this place... Then off to Breckenridge.

Law school at the University of Windsor, right across the water from the murder capital (where they murder for capital). Ambassador bridge is literally right on top of the school :p

Saint Cloud State University in Minnesota. I am going into the Social Work field. I work with three mentally retarded adults and I am very good and what I do so I decided I would like to make a living off of it. :)