• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What are you reading now? vers. "So I don't end up being a fucking waffle waitress"

^ Good series :) I've just started book 5 but the first ~100 pages have been really slow compared to the previous book... am thinking of giving it a break and reading Kraken by Mieville, On the Road by Kerouac or Don Quixote, all of which have been sitting on my shelf eyeing me off ominously waiting to be read for months.

I've been thinking about trying Game of Thrones too because my brother and dad have recommended it...I just haven't opened it up though because it's not the usual style of book I read.

The Other Hand by Chris Cleave... my friend gave to me yesterday after she read it, and claims it's great... let's see!

Iv'e got a few books on the go at the moment:

ChickenHawk by Robert Mason
Dispatches by Michael Herr
Welcome to Hell by Colin Martin.

I had to put all of the above aside for the time being because I can't put down - Area 51..An uncensored history of America's top secret military base by Annie Jacobsen. Half way through it and it's fucking awesome.

i finally got a copy of Life by Keith Richards. i have been wanting to read this for a while now

i plan on reading it while im travelling in a few weeks

I just read 'Never Let Me Go' by Kazuo Ishiguro. I'm reading this after seeing the film and i didn't get anything more from the book than i did the film. I guess that means it was a good adaption but i was a little let down still.

I saw Norwegian Wood is playing at the film festival which reminded me i need to read the book. Before seeing the film. I don't think i'll do that again. Book first, definitely.

Haruki Murakami - Blind Willow Sleeping Woman

Never read a bad one yet - this is short stories.

Excellent <3

Last edited:
I'm reading Lance Armstrong - its not about the bike

and The girl in the picture

:)

^ You can read?! 8( ;)

I just finished The girl who played with fire, was an absolute cracker. Loved it :D There was a couple of occasions where I had some trouble getting to sleep after reading some of the more intense bits because I was so wound up.

I'm now onto Pop Popavich's copy of Marching Powder that I borrowed over 6 months ago :eek: Not far into it yet but it looks promising :)

I've been thinking about trying Game of Thrones too because my brother and dad have recommended it...I just haven't opened it up though because it's not the usual style of book I read.

I am about to start reading this series, a friend said it's amazing. The show is decent so I can't see the books being bad. I just have to finish The Greatest Show on Earth by Dawkins, which has been alot of fun.

Another great series I would like to finish is the Riverworld Saga by Philip Jose Farmer. I have read the first book To Your Scattered Bodies Go which was fantastic. I would recommend to anyone. The other four look awesome too, but I don't like to judge a book by it's cover :)

I just have to finish The Greatest Show on Earth by Dawkins, which has been alot of fun.

Loved that book, very fun and indepth look at evolution and biology :)

Like a lot of others, I just finished A Dance With Dragons, it was a good read, but didn't feel like it moved the plot forward as much as I would have liked, certainly not after a 6 year wait.

Just finished The girl who kicked the hornet's nest, loved the fucking shit out of it! So disappointed we don't get a 4th one in the series :(

I'm now onto Preincarnate by Shuan Micallef. Only a few chapters in and it's already hurt my brain and made me LOL, in that order :D

I've got a paper back copy of David Hick's book on preorder, can't wait to get my hands on that. Wish the poor guy could get some money out of it :\

Reading Snowman at the moment, ever since I got my Kindle I've gotten right back in to reading :)

Haruki Murakami - The Elephant Vanishes

Short stories all very weird

Just love this guy.

The Screwtape Letters - C.S. Lewis

A book written as a series of letters from a senior demon to his younger nephew, advising him on how to go about winning the soul of a man.

A really good read, even if, like me, you aren't a believer. It offers a lot of insight into human nature and is written with Lewis' typical imagination and humor.

Haruki Murakami - The Elephant Vanishes

Short stories all very weird

Just love this guy.

I read this recently, some odd ones but a riveting read none-the-less, couldn't put it down :) I'm currently reading A Moveable Feast - Hemingway.

... I'm currently reading A Moveable Feast - Hemingway.

Quite enjoyed this but am a massive Hemingway fan so no suprise; some really interesting chapters, one on F Scott Fitzgerald in particular. Am about to finally read Jack Kerouac - On The Road.

The Book Thief ~ Markus Zusak

Great book, one of my favourites.
His choice of words to describe feelings, colours, surroundings is incredible.
A beautiful book indeed.