• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What are you reading now? vers. "So I don't end up being a fucking waffle waitress"

River of Smoke by Amitav Ghosh. Its an interesting read about the opium trade prior to the opium wars in China and the sequel to Sea of Poppies. Its amazing how active the British were in promoting opium use historically and just how much money they made out of it before prohibition. Although its a work of fiction many of the events and circumstances are based in reality. Things like getting the Indian farmers to switch from food crops to opium production and employing addicts in the processing factorys. The British East India Company were the original drug cartel it seems.

Batavia - Peter Fitzsimons.

Betrayal.Shipwreck.Murder.Sexual Slavery.Courage. A Spine-Chilling Chapter in Australian History.

"eye mind: the saga of roky erickson and the 13th floor elevators, the pioneers of psychedelic sound" by paul drummond.
love me a good rock'n'roll biography.

Marabou Stork Nightmares - Irvine Welsh.

This book is gold; one of Irvine's best imho, tho not for the faint hearted. I'm down to the last chapter and getting a little depressed at the thought the nightmare is about to end...