• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction What are the very best NONbenzo anxiety medications out there? I'm falling apart.

I know that using benzos is the only thing that works for me OP and I can’t get anything. I just paid $250 to see a psych and he used to rx me 2mg xan bars 3x a day and Adderall That was years ago now he would only give me a little ads cuz of my history but .5 Xanax and only 5 of them when I am having debilitating panic attacks and anxiety. So my point is he yelled at me going why do you need so many pills and u want me to add Xanax onto that (I am on 3 antidepressants 1200 mg of gabapentin 3 x a day 4 20 mg tabs of Baclofen a day clonidine and my addiction dr is awesome he gives me subutex but I only take 4-8 mg a day) so I’m saying is yes benzos are like paying for anxiety relief with a credit card ( great analogy btw) but pregablin and gabapentin w/d is a hell I wouldn’t wish on anyone. So what’s the difference why can’t the dr just give me 2 mg Xanax xr twice a day and we get rid of the gabs and baclofen and 3 antidepressants that clearly don’t help my anxiety they keep saying oh an SSRI should be managing it but they aren’t me in my body . I used to abuse meds years ago I only got put on subs recently Bc I had one relapse of shooting oxy in 5 years and I got sepsis despite having clean rigs each time. So they put me back on it after being off it 5 years and all I could think was I am so done with my anxiety and depression and add so what can it hurt...if theeyd just give me the Xanax xr I guarantee you I’d be off 75 % of my meds. Anyway I feel your pain OP I really do and I don’t have any advice I just have the same problem .

For me the unpleasantness of withdrawal follows this order (from most unpleasant to least):

Benzos, Opioids, Phenibut, Gabapentin, Pregabalin, low-moderate daily alcohol (~100ml/day pure ethanol equivalent), Antidepressants, Carisoprodol, Caffeine and Stimulants.

Interestingly caffeine withdrawal (400mg/day+) can be more unpleasant than traditional stimulant withdrawal as its surprisingly painful/physical, though true stimulant withdrawal (in my case very high dose methylphenidate -- 160mg/day) was worse in respect to depression.
Dude that is my scale too

When I was at the beginning of my heroin dependency, maybe on my 2nd or 3rd cold turkey, I remember using methamphetamine starting from the 2nd day for a few days then went on partying with MDMA + lots of weed. That time was my mist comfortable and actually fun withdrawal. Those days, I was very new at my addiction what could be the reason why it worked. As we all know, withdrawals become much more intense every time we attempt stopping so I don't think that it would work as well these days if I was still addicted to H.
idunno if id call it intense, because i've been attempting to cut down and have had some success ( saved 8.5 days worth of oxy and hydros, unfortunately not morphine in the last 60 but unfortunately i gave about 7 of those days up to someone else in wd) i think from what i've experienced is the anxiety from the withdrawal combined with the actual wd and knowing what to expect actually makes wd extroardinarily worse and harsh, but i've always found if you can get your mind off of it with coke, benzos whatever works for you or you need to power through it but its a mighty fucking beast, throw in chronic pain and i might aswell put my brain into the frying pan with some eggs on some occasions but then theres the reason i need to take opiates, i'm in a vicious cycle of managing shit and juggling one substance with the other funfun, i don't know where this reply was going my fingers are typing on their own at this point

I know that using benzos is the only thing that works for me OP and I can’t get anything. I just paid $250 to see a psych and he used to rx me 2mg xan bars 3x a day and Adderall That was years ago now he would only give me a little ads cuz of my history but .5 Xanax and only 5 of them when I am having debilitating panic attacks and anxiety. So my point is he yelled at me going why do you need so many pills and u want me to add Xanax onto that (I am on 3 antidepressants 1200 mg of gabapentin 3 x a day 4 20 mg tabs of Baclofen a day clonidine and my addiction dr is awesome he gives me subutex but I only take 4-8 mg a day) so I’m saying is yes benzos are like paying for anxiety relief with a credit card ( great analogy btw) but pregablin and gabapentin w/d is a hell I wouldn’t wish on anyone. So what’s the difference why can’t the dr just give me 2 mg Xanax xr twice a day and we get rid of the gabs and baclofen and 3 antidepressants that clearly don’t help my anxiety they keep saying oh an SSRI should be managing it but they aren’t me in my body . I used to abuse meds years ago I only got put on subs recently Bc I had one relapse of shooting oxy in 5 years and I got sepsis despite having clean rigs each time. So they put me back on it after being off it 5 years and all I could think was I am so done with my anxiety and depression and add so what can it hurt...if theeyd just give me the Xanax xr I guarantee you I’d be off 75 % of my meds. Anyway I feel your pain OP I really do and I don’t have any advice I just have the same problem .
as for pregabalin instead of the pentin but i haven't experienced wd's from extremely high doses most likely due to my opiates, i can't say i really abuse rx meds but if i didn't need them for legitamate reasons i'd definately want to chow down on them but we can always actually live without them we just have to remember we can which admittedly can be extremely hard at times, thats tough that you had a bit of a slip with oxy and got sepsis, i feel your struggle but mine is with opiates, we both need our drug that makes us function and i think that thats alright except its a bitch when you don't have it

In my experience phenibut lasts longer than gabapentin, I take it, say, at noon, and I still feel it until noon the next day, or longer. I used to take it every day for a year and it still was like that. I only ever took it once a day (well I take my dose divided into a few doses an hour apart but...)

Some people get affected by phenibut totally differently. Me and my friends and seems like most people I talk to find that it takes 4-5 hours to fully hit, and lasts at least 24 hours. But I have read of some people finding it to hit much faster and wear off much faster.
i get no effects from phenibut
Can you try a different doctor? When I switched doctors it was a worlds difference.

L
i get no effects from phenibut

Can you try a different doctor? When I switched doctors it was a worlds difference.
homie I have tried so many different ones just yesterday I saw a private psych for $250 and I tell him every med I’m on and he shuts my file and goes now I know why I was so reuctlant to treat you because u think all these pills will solve everything...and I said NO what I am trying to tell you is if I could get on the right meds then I could eliminate half of them because the psychiatrist my pcp referred me to that I waited 6 mos to see didnt even talk to me except when she lit up about how she went on Etsy to decorate her office...and added another dose of Effexor (I’ve already TRIED that but no one listens or cares Bc I’m an just a disgusting addict) and see ya in 2 mos. I called their office begging to see a different psych and they said no u have to make another appt with her and talk to her about it and maybe shell switch u....so he said well will she be mad that I’m treating your adhd and (he had emailed me that he would either treat me with clonazepam or treat my adhd but not both Bc drs that do that don’t know anything -even tho he used to do that for me 7 yrs ago) and he disgustedly wrote out an Adderall rx and I said what about my panic attacks and he even more disgustedly wrote out FIVE .5 mg Xanax for panic attacks. I’m just done I’m going to look into RCs Bc I literally can’t find any other private pay psych drs in my state (Wisconsin) I’m so disheartened I’m just so depressed that Bc I don’t want to live a life of constant dread and panic and I used to misuse meds it’s just too bad

@H52 Oh my!! You must be exhausted. This type of thing with the doctors and the meds adds so much stress to the people that are subject to this treatment. It's sick. I had a doctor say the same thing about the benzo and stimulant. It was one or the other. I said what?! I need to choose which one to treat and suffer with the other. Its the most backwards thing I've heard. I told him exactly that and it was the last time I went back there. That psych place was the worst. The psychiatrist had all these practitioners (or whatever they were) under her that would meet with the patients. The practitioner would go and have to run an update or whatever by the psychiatrist to get a script, change something, add something. One time the dude had me waiting 45 minutes while he met with the shrink to get something okayed... and it was denied after all that waiting. I have little tolerance and patience for that kind of treatment and I'm not going to talk to a middle man who has to relay what I said. It DOESNT WORK.
I always ask the doctor before making an appointment if they treat _______ and do they prescribe ________. It's a good thing to find out before wasting your money and time. Man, if you lived down here I'd have a person for you. You have to know what you need and want and he writes it. This is terrible if you actually need the doctor to figure out what the best treatment route is for you because he isn't interested in doing that. I call these doctors "writers" because you tell them what you need and they write the script with no questions. There has to be SOMEONE like that where you are.

@H52 Oh my!! You must be exhausted. This type of thing with the doctors and the meds adds so much stress to the people that are subject to this treatment. It's sick. I had a doctor say the same thing about the benzo and stimulant. It was one or the other. I said what?! I need to choose which one to treat and suffer with the other. Its the most backwards thing I've heard. I told him exactly that and it was the last time I went back there. That psych place was the worst. The psychiatrist had all these practitioners (or whatever they were) under her that would meet with the patients. The practitioner would go and have to run an update or whatever by the psychiatrist to get a script, change something, add something. One time the dude had me waiting 45 minutes while he met with the shrink to get something okayed... and it was denied after all that waiting. I have little tolerance and patience for that kind of treatment and I'm not going to talk to a middle man who has to relay what I said. It DOESNT WORK.
I always ask the doctor before making an appointment if they treat _______ and do they prescribe ________. It's a good thing to find out before wasting your money and time. Man, if you lived down here I'd have a person for you. You have to know what you need and want and he writes it. This is terrible if you actually need the doctor to figure out what the best treatment route is for you because he isn't interested in doing that. I call these doctors "writers" because you tell them what you need and they write the script with no questions. There has to be SOMEONE like that where you are.
I don’t think I can do that since all there is is big group practices and so I’d made one today I look doctors up on ProPublica to see who the highest writer is and tried to get in to one and I had it all scheduled (2 hrs away and I dont have a license or a car so I have to find someone to take me) and literally like the day before the nurse called me and said the dr I was going to see was not going to be treating patients for the foreseeable future and I needed to find someone else. and I love ur advice but all the group practices are are electronic medical records reviewers and theres no way in hell they would help me. I literally don’t know how it is legal in this country where drs dont prescribe anything that WORKS and has some risks but you know what they have me physically dependent on 5 other medications that do nothing! And the whole thing where this psychiatrist used to give me bars and adderall with no problems at all and now he says that drs that do “don’t understand pharmacology” ...smh -he mad me feel like the worst person when I told him how many meds I take to treat my anxiety and panic attacks and was sickened that I even attempt to treat it because “an SSRI is plenty sufficient“ for my anxiety....then he told me I need to just go for walks outside and get outside more I shit u not and I told him I used to meditate use brething to relax my vagal/vagus nerve cbt all of it and he just didn’t say anything he only saw me for 10 mins and said he had to go and I thought that was pretty unfair after I paid $250 and paid someonr $40 to take me and now I’m broke til next payday he didn’t even talk to me about the clonazepam he said Id be treated with if I wanted to go that route instead of the Adderall and he wouldn’t even talk about that—-and I know if I email him about it he will just say I am drug seeking I’m so frustrated right now I just want to give up thankfully i Have generous anxiety ridden friends (who Are not anything like me I am a nervous wreck even without the Adderall ) but they have good drs and I tried to get into my one friends dr but they said I had to go first to the Ascension practice and get a referral from a PCP ( im at theda which is a different useless med practice ) and request that dr evem after I asked if I could just please pay cash I’m SO SICK of this -shit what state are u in I’m ready to fly somewhere just to get someone to treat me

I don’t think I can do that since all there is is big group practices and so I’d made one today I look doctors up on ProPublica to see who the highest writer is and tried to get in to one and I had it all scheduled (2 hrs away and I dont have a license or a car so I have to find someone to take me) and literally like the day before the nurse called me and said the dr I was going to see was not going to be treating patients for the foreseeable future and I needed to find someone else. and I love ur advice but all the group practices are are electronic medical records reviewers and theres no way in hell they would help me. I literally don’t know how it is legal in this country where drs dont prescribe anything that WORKS and has some risks but you know what they have me physically dependent on 5 other medications that do nothing! And the whole thing where this psychiatrist used to give me bars and adderall with no problems at all and now he says that drs that do “don’t understand pharmacology” ...smh -he mad me feel like the worst person when I told him how many meds I take to treat my anxiety and panic attacks and was sickened that I even attempt to treat it because “an SSRI is plenty sufficient“ for my anxiety....then he told me I need to just go for walks outside and get outside more I shit u not and I told him I used to meditate use brething to relax my vagal/vagus nerve cbt all of it and he just didn’t say anything he only saw me for 10 mins and said he had to go and I thought that was pretty unfair after I paid $250 and paid someonr $40 to take me and now I’m broke til next payday he didn’t even talk to me about the clonazepam he said Id be treated with if I wanted to go that route instead of the Adderall and he wouldn’t even talk about that—-and I know if I email him about it he will just say I am drug seeking I’m so frustrated right now I just want to give up thankfully i Have generous anxiety ridden friends (who Are not anything like me I am a nervous wreck even without the Adderall ) but they have good drs and I tried to get into my one friends dr but they said I had to go first to the Ascension practice and get a referral from a PCP ( im at theda which is a different useless med practice ) and request that dr evem after I asked if I could just please pay cash I’m SO SICK of this -shit what state are u in I’m ready to fly somewhere just to get someone to treat me
What is in and on your file that makes people not want to treat you? It sounds like there's something on the record that has tainted it and makes these doctors alarmed and unwilling. Just from the few interactions that you have mentioned, it sounds like that to me. If I were you, I'd start over. fresh and clean. It's possible. Im in the swamp of Florida lol, Naples. It's south of Ft. Myers and there's really nothing south of Naples. It's a strange place. I'm still pretty new to this area and it's bizarre. I've had the strangest experiences living here for 1 year than i have ever had anywhere else. I think it's the water :ROFLMAO: :oops:.

Ive never heard of a psychiatrist saying that adhd and anxiety disorders (using benzodiazepines) couldnt be treated simultaneously.

In a way though, as sympathetic as I am, I do believe that benzodiazepines should be used less frequently than they are...

Ive never heard of a psychiatrist saying that adhd and anxiety disorders (using benzodiazepines) couldnt be treated simultaneously.

In a way though, as sympathetic as I am, I do believe that benzodiazepines should be used less frequently than they are...
I have known some to do so with dextroamphetamine and alprazolam simultaneously

I think i need to find a better amphetamine. It's not easy to get this stuff these days over here
Only amphetamine better than Adderall is pure dextramphetamine, unless you go up to methylamphetamine or one of the newer substituted amphets, like maybe 4-FA or 3-FEA. Depends on your definition of better

It's bogus!! That's why I left that place asap. The PA, or whatever he was, that I was seeing acted so damn smug and it was bad from the start. Waste of my time. Now my current psychiatrist doesn't even say hello and is one of the rudest doctors that I have ever had, hands down he gets the prize for having the worst "bedside manner" if you want to call it that. I like him though. He doesn't go against the grain and he writes all the scripts I need. That's what's important to me. I think he actually has some mental health issues himself.

The difference is with gabapentin and pregabalin usually a dose Gets You Through a full 24 hours with zero chance of withdrawals. When you start taking daily phenibut at comparable dosages it wears off about every 4 hours, you'll find yourself dosing to go to bed and waking up and needing to dose again first thing in the morning just to not feel like s***. It's like comparing H habit to a fentanyl habit. Obviously not in potency I'm just comparing its habitual redosing.
this is far from true unfortunately. i've taken and i don't often state my doses but last month on an amp binge while not taking my meds i ate upwards of 40,000mg of pentin and 3k pregab and i still felt certain wds but i'm on 400mg morph/day + oxy n hydros so, but the gabapentinoids certainly helped a ton it wasn't near as bad as could be but the pain was pretty shitty,hm thats somthing though, i occasionally have that issue with pregabalin, i love its very similar to benzo effects while at the same time it doesn't have that sedating knockout effect which is why i love to eat it all day when i'm on stims

Only amphetamine better than Adderall is pure dextramphetamine, unless you go up to methylamphetamine or one of the newer substituted amphets, like maybe 4-FA or 3-FEA. Depends on your definition of better
i don't find pure d-amp that great, thats why i love addy, the 25% l-amp for abit of a speedy kick is just right and since its only 25% of the addy (12.5% amphetamine and 12.5% amphetamine saccurate) and more or less 75% dextroamphetamine its the perfect pill to keep you going for a few days at a time without feeling like keeling over, but thats maybe just me =p meth is bomb i love meth. i could roll around on a pile of crushed crystal taking in deep breaths anyday

The dextroamphetamine doesn't work as well as the adderall, but I can tell it's stronger. I don't do well with that stuff if that is the drug you're talking about. I had my dr write me a script for that one though because I just don't have enough of the adderall to make it therapeutic when i take it as prescribed. I either have to take more than prescribed or none at all. It's a waste if I take it like I should.. I don't get any effects. For some reason the doctor will write 6 tabs a day of the 10s of the dextro. I'll have that bottle for a long time and use it with the adderall to hopefully give my prescribed dosage effectiveness. That's the only thing I can think of that would work with what he's given me. About the meth... I have never tried homemade meth and I never will & I don't think my doctor would write me a script for the prescription meth and if he did, I have no clue where I'd fill it in this swamp city.
is the 4-FA the research chemical? Maybe not.. sorry I'm foggy today. There's a research stimulant that has fluoride attached to the carbon.. I'm not fond of fluoride.. I got floxed last year at this time and it F'd me up badly. My tendons kept ripping and tearing and I had to walk without bending my ankles for a few months or they would rip. Horrible.
I'm not familiar with the 3-FEA... I'll have to look into that one.
What i mean by better is that I need something that is going to work.. I need to be able to feel it. I like to do stuff and work on projects but I have a difficult time finishing things and sometimes the desire just isn't even there to do normal everyday tasks. When the amphetamine works, I don't get the overwhelming stress that bombards my thoughts and throws me off into a funk. Life has gotten difficult for me in the past year. It will get better, but right now I need this stuff to help me have a productive day and quality of life.. Damn... that was long.. sorry about that.

The dextroamphetamine doesn't work as well as the adderall, but I can tell it's stronger. I don't do well with that stuff if that is the drug you're talking about. I had my dr write me a script for that one though because I just don't have enough of the adderall to make it therapeutic when i take it as prescribed. I either have to take more than prescribed or none at all. It's a waste if I take it like I should.. I don't get any effects. For some reason the doctor will write 6 tabs a day of the 10s of the dextro. I'll have that bottle for a long time and use it with the adderall to hopefully give my prescribed dosage effectiveness. That's the only thing I can think of that would work with what he's given me. About the meth... I have never tried homemade meth and I never will & I don't think my doctor would write me a script for the prescription meth and if he did, I have no clue where I'd fill it in this swamp city.
is the 4-FA the research chemical? Maybe not.. sorry I'm foggy today. There's a research stimulant that has fluoride attached to the carbon.. I'm not fond of fluoride.. I got floxed last year at this time and it F'd me up badly. My tendons kept ripping and tearing and I had to walk without bending my ankles for a few months or they would rip. Horrible.
I'm not familiar with the 3-FEA... I'll have to look into that one.
What i mean by better is that I need something that is going to work.. I need to be able to feel it. I like to do stuff and work on projects but I have a difficult time finishing things and sometimes the desire just isn't even there to do normal everyday tasks. When the amphetamine works, I don't get the overwhelming stress that bombards my thoughts and throws me off into a funk. Life has gotten difficult for me in the past year. It will get better, but right now I need this stuff to help me have a productive day and quality of life.. Damn... that was long.. sorry about that.
i personally don't think the amphetamine rc's are that good to use, the meth analog ones are more prominent to "feel" because i know what you're talking about when you say feel, i have to take a minimum of a 120mg addy dose to feel it or else all 30-60mg does is give me a boost

i don't find pure d-amp that great, thats why i love addy, the 25% l-amp for abit of a speedy kick is just right and since its only 25% of the addy (12.5% amphetamine and 12.5% amphetamine saccurate) and more or less 75% dextroamphetamine its the perfect pill to keep you going for a few days at a time without feeling like keeling over, but thats maybe just me =p meth is bomb i love meth. i could roll around on a pile of crushed crystal taking in deep breaths anyday
:LOL::LOL::LOL: my mental picture of you rolling around on crystal is hilarious. TBH, I'm too chicken shit to try meth made with plumbing fluid and lye and whatever else. Now cocaine... yes! if it's not pure.. Noooooooo. I haven't been able to find any decent coke since 2004 or something horrible like that. Everything is cut with terrible stuff and the high is dirty feeling. Ahhh some fire snow... I don't think i'll ever see that again in my lifetime